Sponsored

How fast do you drive your 2 door JL on the Highway?

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Wranglers are as much or more fun then sports cars. Just in a different way. I have a couple of pretty fun sports cars and my Rubicon. I hardly ever drive the sport cars now. City is just too crowded to be able to open it up. I usually prefer the JL on a daily basis even if it's bumper to bumper. The JL is a lot better over all the pot holes also. I don't even worry about bending rims or damaging tires anymore. It's a lot more stress free driving experience. Trust me, you will not regret your Wrangler.
Thank you for the reply. I actually went to order today. Got held up because the “upgraded” $995 wheels are now mandatory. Going to hold off for a few weeks
Sponsored

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Do you ever regret trading in a muscle car for a Jeep? Thinking of doing the same
When the snow hits NJ in the next 4 months I won't. It has more cargo and the community has been great so far. The great thing about Jeep is no one is comparing engine sizes (a few now that there are options - you can't tell from the outside anyway). No one pulls up to a light in another Jeep and motions to "go" There is more interest about builds than exhaust sounds, and engine block. I only speak for the last 5 months I've owned the Jeep. I had the Camaro for a year.

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Wranglers are as much or more fun then sports cars. Just in a different way. I have a couple of pretty fun sports cars and my Rubicon. I hardly ever drive the sport cars now. City is just too crowded to be able to open it up. I usually prefer the JL on a daily basis even if it's bumper to bumper. The JL is a lot better over all the pot holes also. I don't even worry about bending rims or damaging tires anymore. It's a lot more stress free driving experience. Trust me, you will not regret your Wrangler.
Exactly my sentiments. In traffic, long drives, unstable roads the JL blows anything I've ever owned out of the water.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Exactly my sentiments. In traffic, long drives, unstable roads the JL blows anything I've ever owned out of the water.
The Wrangler is just a lot more stress free compared to sport cars. It's the perfect urban transport. lol. I don't ever worry about where I park it. I don't worry about pot holes. The tires have high sidewalls so no worries curbing a tire or wheel. It's unbelievable fun with the top and doors off. I just flat out enjoy it. I don't miss not driving my other cars much. Kind of hard to justify a couple of them now. I say that as I am admiring the new C8 Vette now! lol.

Bumper to bumper traffic does not bother me as much in the Wrangler. I like being high up and seeing ahead in traffic. I feel the seats are really comfortable also. The Alpine is decent and enjoyable. LED lights are better then any lights I have ever had on any vehicle I have ever owned. Only negative is the rear back up lights. They pretty much suck. I have some aux back up light I plan on installing when I have time to remedy that.

Last edited:

Jlmoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Rubicon
75-80 mph on 33" KM3's

99 mph limiter also sometimes. Jeep is very stable

On windy days, it needs more effort esp passing by trucks
Sponsored