OP

Ereanor

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 MazdaSpeed3
Ive read that having the oil vapor in the intake track can dilute the octane rating, how much dilution I don't know but whats 100 or so bucks to help the cause. quick google came up with this MFG web site FAQ, mentions octane rating etc.. https://www.addw1.com/pages/faq-oil-catch-can
You are not wrong an OCC definitely helps in some applications. I would say that it/ without it has no effect on octane though. As altering the fuel with a combustible liquid would only increase detonation chances through another variable. I am not going to try and pretend I know everything about this. Just first hand knowledge. I have some googling to do lol.
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
You are not wrong an OCC definitely helps in some applications. I would say that it/ without it has no effect on octane though. As altering the fuel with a combustible liquid would only increase detonation chances through another variable. I am not going to try and pretend I know everything about this. Just first hand knowledge. I have some googling to do lol.
Where the OCC comes in is, without one, the gunk that can build up makes things more prone to detonation. So some might observe having an OCC as having a similar effect to using higher octane fuel.