Intentsrig-JLU Sporticon

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Going 60’s?
no, but all i really wanted from the rubi was the axles and the tcase. everything else is coming off and/or getting replaced.
Sponsored

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
06E03EB3-F751-49E1-B8AE-329B1C5D2D89.png

Too late..I bought a fridge..

Arb 50qt. Now looking into a deep cycle battery..perhaps a power source. Flexopower 444 looks very promising and a decent price point.

Won’t be going dual battery setup.

I do have the tow package with larger battery, alternator. Looks like others have run their fridge directly from the rear 12v. I’ll try that until I kit a wiring kit or something else.

Thoughts on deep cycle vs portable power source?

207A5806-15FF-4B17-B211-830DC1615A93.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Yeah I see they have Rubicon version and then a Sahara/ Moab version. Does that include sport?

Also idk if I cut my fenders too much in the front..tires also still rub at full flex and I might need even taller fenders anyway.

Check it out. Might just need to cut the liner out completely..I’ll have to really check it. Pushing the fender up in the first pic

7124B886-4ABC-4743-9EEC-4BF147110A85.png

20DD95E6-7B0B-441A-9B51-E2C40A1FC1B1.png

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Just added it all up again.

About $46k. That’s the Jeep price plus tax and all parts I have now.

The only labor I have paid for is the gear install. Everything I put on. So practically no labor cost for me.

So, if I had bought a Rubicon I still would have to buy sliders, bumper, wheels, tires, re gear, corner armor. But at the same time I don’t have an 8” touch screen or hardtop.

So for what I wanted to do I’m glad I bought a sport. I have a beefy front axle, rubi t case and strong rear locker.
How much did you re-gear and Lockers install run you? I've seen a lot of RUBICON Front and Rear axles for sale for 3k. I think that would be cheaper to just buy and mount up ready to go than having someone REGEAR both axles and install Lockers + Lockers COST.

Sponsored

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
How much did you re-gear and Lockers install run you? I've seen a lot of RUBICON Front and Rear axles for sale for 3k. I think that would be cheaper to just buy and mount up ready to go than having someone REGEAR both axles and install Lockers + Lockers COST.
My re gear parts and labor was $1236. Not including locker.

Add the locker for 1k and you are at 2236...which was my total cost.

Add a front locker and you’re at 3236!

So yeah if you can find a set for 3-4k. I’d snag those up. Those 4.10’s are totally fine for 35’s. Probably even 37’s if you have the 8 speed auto and don’t care about 7th or 8th gear.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Intentsrig. Or anyone else

I have a manual JL, regeared 4.56.

315/70r17 duratracs.

Long story short, had some weird clunks in 4lo and felt like it was getting worse everytime i would offroad(4lo)

Took my jeep in for the v41 steering stabilizer. Also got a new trackbar and the found play in the drag link so a new one of those. Initially they said 4lo is fine.

Now they called me saying the transfercase is blown and is broken and needing a new one, bad luck or what

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Intentsrig. Or anyone else

I have a manual JL, regeared 4.56.

315/70r17 duratracs.

Long story short, had some weird clunks in 4lo and felt like it was getting worse everytime i would offroad(4lo)

Took my jeep in for the v41 steering stabilizer. Also got a new trackbar and the found play in the drag link so a new one of those. Initially they said 4lo is fine.

Now they called me saying the transfercase is blown and is broken and needing a new one, bad luck or what
That is bad luck.

What kind of clunk? All the time while moving forward? Like chain slap? Or more like clunkier?

This is slap.

Which I have and so do a lot of others I asked here on the forum. That video has A LOT and needs the t case rebuilt. Chain is too loose IMO.

I didn’t notice slap with my sport t case only with the Rubicon t case. These JL rubi cases matched with the 6 speed have a lot of play. Too much I think but who knows, everyone seems to have the chain slap.

Also, I only notice it going downhill. When I let off the gas.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
That is bad luck.

What kind of clunk? All the time while moving forward? Like chain slap? Or more like clunkier?

This is slap.

Which I have and so do a lot of others I asked here on the forum. That video has A LOT and needs the t case rebuilt. Chain is too loose IMO.

I didn’t notice slap with my sport t case only with the Rubicon t case. These JL rubi cases matched with the 6 speed have a lot of play. Too much I think but who knows, everyone seems to have the chain slap.

Also, I only notice it going downhill. When I let off the gas.
Yeah im assuming the chain. Yes kind of like that.
Going down hill of the gas was really bad but it started making the slap when giving gas in 1st gear etc.

Ive just never heard of it yet on JL and only has a 12000km on it...

Yup confirmed.
Chain slap and metal shavings

E7F1FA68-513A-46E7-8235-97F74AB2680A.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Yeah im assuming the chain. Yes kind of like that.
Going down hill of the gas was really bad but it started making the slap when giving gas in 1st gear etc.

Ive just never heard of it yet on JL and only has a 12000km on it...

Yup confirmed.
Chain slap and metal shavings

E7F1FA68-513A-46E7-8235-97F74AB2680A.jpeg
Hmm yeah my chain slaps too. In the same way yours does.

Though I have not found metal shavings or pieces in the fluid.

All the people I asked here on the forum said they actually thought something was wrong it was so loud.
Sponsored

Last edited: