First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Congrats! Looks pretty good, but I think I'll wait for the rest of the colors to appear before I make a final decision on buying a JL. Tough to trade my Hydro Blue for the Ocean Blue because my HB JKU stands out so nicely. And the Chief Blue was too "baby blue." Blue is such a tough color to get "just right" in the Wrangler as we have seen the last few years.
Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Couple quick ones. Going to get it now.

1817.jpg

IMG952895.jpg

1818.jpg
My first impression is that (1) it looks great, and (2) there's definitely something a bit purple going on with this. But I go back to my first point: It looks great. I could definitely go Ocean Blue. My favorite color so far of the JL colors. (Still waiting to see String Gray.)

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
For some reason the dealer wasn't expecting us to pick it up until Saturday so when I said we were on the way (8 hours after they told us it was here) they were rushing to clean it up. They were drying it off when I got there. I had to take off to get to work so I only saw it long enough to walk around it, grab these, and I was on my way to work. It's a nasty rainy day today and no sun expected until Sunday. I'll get better pics when I can. The gas can is one of the bright red ones.

I'm not sure how much I like all the red outline lettering on it, but it's my wife's and she loves it, so it'll stay.

IMG_20180219_160744003 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180219_160816179 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180219_160822700 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180219_160915404 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Now I`m really happy that I went from the Hydro Blue to the Ocean Blue. Congratulations on your new ride!
I hope that mine is the second OB JLUR. I did go with the painted flares on this one, I really did like the way they looked on the Hydro Blue and believe it or not I received compliments on how good the color looked. I can`t wait to see some pictures of the inside of yours.
How do you feel about the red stitching through out the interior???

Sponsored

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
For some reason the dealer wasn't expecting us to pick it up until Saturday so when I said we were on the way (8 hours after they told us it was here) they were rushing to clean it up. They were drying it off when I got there. I had to take off to get to work so I only saw it long enough to walk around it, grab these, and I was on my way to work. It's a nasty rainy day today and no sun expected until Sunday. I'll get better pics when I can. The gas can is one of the bright red ones.

In person it does have a hydro-blue look, but wit more "pop" and purple tones. I'm not sure how much I like all the red outline lettering on it, but it's my wife's and she loves it, so it'll stay.

IMG_20180219_160744003 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180219_160816179 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180219_160822700 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180219_160915404 - Copy.jpg
Thanks for the pics. I like your choice of the black top and fenders, great contrast color with the blue.
Happy Jeeping!

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Wow, looks great! I ordered mine w painted top and fenders, and I think I’m good with it. In my own opinion I think the painted fenders and tops look better on darker colors, and the black offsets the brighter colors. This blue is somewhere in the middle but I think maybe still dark enough for the painted options to look good!

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Panigale V4 Speciale, 2018 JL Granite Rubicon
Wow, looks great! I ordered mine w painted top and fenders, and I think I’m good with it. In my own opinion I think the painted fenders and tops look better on darker colors, and the black offsets the brighter colors. This blue is somewhere in the middle but I think maybe still dark enough for the painted options to look good!
You were able to order blue with matching top?

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You were able to order blue with matching top?
Haha they literally just called me this morning (10:15 est) to tell me about the restraint. Asked if I wanted to wait or switch my order to the black top. I’m gonna hold out a couple weeks to hopefully hear something on the painted tops

Sponsored

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha they literally just called me this morning (10:15 est) to tell me about the restraint. Asked if I wanted to wait or switch my order to the black top. I’m gonna hold out a couple weeks to hopefully hear something on the painted tops
Well that is a bummer. I'm not patient so I'm not sure if I could wait. Doesn't make sense why they cannot have a painted top yet.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The real problem I have with all these delays is at some point I ask myself is it just better to hold out for a 2019 if I’m not going to be able to take delivery till the summer anyway. Then I could get the BSG with the V6, and maybe not worry about the red dash, and who knows maybe they will finally offer the black standard Rubi wheels they showed off at the reveal

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the problem I have with that is I really like this shade of blue and will not know until order banks have closed if it will even be offered in a 2019

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The real problem I have with all these delays is at some point I ask myself is it just better to hold out for a 2019 if I’m not going to be able to take delivery till the summer anyway. Then I could get the BSG with the V6, and maybe not worry about the red dash, and who knows maybe they will finally offer the black standard Rubi wheels they showed off at the reveal
I really like the black wheels too. BSG?

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That recharging brake thing in the 2.0 turbo to store and give power to the engine on take off, supposed to save a few mpg’s
Sponsored