Sponsored

Demand For Turbo Engine

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Still waiting on the city/highway mpg of the Turbo engine, along with the price, but interested if this engine will become the preferred engine, especially with the Automatic.
Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
My Mustang Turbo can use either 87 or 91 octane. The engine computer can compensate. The difference is the power output. More HP from the higher octane. But from a cost point...the increase in price of the gas is greater than the increase in power. Most of the time I use 87.

Blood Type J+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 TJ Sport 6-cyl
Still waiting on the city/highway mpg of the Turbo engine, along with the price, but interested if this engine will become the preferred engine, especially with the Automatic.
Same here. I think this is what's holding up the 4-cyl as I don't think they can't sell them until they get the official numbers. One review cited 27 mpg in mixed driving so I'm guessing 25/29?

It will be interesting to see - the BSG should push up the city number and the 4-cyl/turbo/8-spd combination should push up highway. Unless they show major problems I'll probably go 4-cyl when I order.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I think the official MPG when it's released will only be slightly better than the Pentastar.

The thing that's going to kill Hurricane engine option sales is the price. It's an automatic $3,000 tacked on and soon as you check that box. $3,000 buys a LOT of aftermarket parts for a Pentastar model.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Same here. I think this is what's holding up the 4-cyl as I don't think they can't sell them until they get the official numbers. One review cited 27 mpg in mixed driving so I'm guessing 25/29?

It will be interesting to see - the BSG should push up the city number and the 4-cyl/turbo/8-spd combination should push up highway. Unless they show major problems I'll probably go 4-cyl when I order.
I ordered my Rubicon with the turbo

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
I think the official MPG when it's released will only be slightly better than the Pentastar.

The thing that's going to kill Hurricane engine option sales is the price. It's an automatic $3,000 tacked on and soon as you check that box. $3,000 buys a LOT of aftermarket parts for a Pentastar model.
You cant add a cost of the Automatic to engine choice, even if its required. People that drive and want a manual will not go to auto just cause of the engine. Now if get Auto then you select engine choice and its 1K difference that is all. Now is this a good deal depends on whats important for you, for me this is a great/fair price.

As for the X$ will get me a lot of parts "if you cant pay don't play". if i want i'll get the turbo and all the parts but my wallet will not dictate the facts. You can get a 2012 jk sport and get 30k for parts no one cares.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
You cant add a cost of the Automatic to engine choice, even if its required. People that drive and want a manual will not go to auto just cause of the engine. Now if get Auto then you select engine choice and its 1K difference that is all. Now is this a good deal depends on whats important for you, for me this is a great/fair price.

As for the X$ will get me a lot of parts "if you cant pay don't play". if i want i'll get the turbo and all the parts but my wallet will not dictate the facts. You can get a 2012 jk sport and get 30k for parts no one cares.
I agree I got the turbo and every other option accept the one touch top , didnā€™t like the look of it

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
The official production start date for the 2 door turbo has been March 12th for a couple of months. It's been posted here many times. My dealer estimated 8-12 weeks (ordered monday 2/19)
Sponsored