JL in Europe

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
As mentioned before, US hood/bonnet is made out of aluminum and the Euro one is steel.
Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
They don't actually mention the steel bumpers....
The 1941 Jeep Wrangler is a four-wheel drive vehicle with 100% street legal customization, equipped with Jeep Performance Parts that further enhance its legendary off-road capability. The specific configuration of this model includes a 2-inch suspension lift kit, high-performance rock sliders, black corners, fuel cap and black fenders, all-weather floor mats and an optional snorkel type air intake.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
The 1941 Jeep Wrangler is a four-wheel drive vehicle with 100% street legal customization, equipped with Jeep Performance Parts that further enhance its legendary off-road capability. The specific configuration of this model includes a 2-inch suspension lift kit, high-performance rock sliders, black corners, fuel cap and black fenders, all-weather floor mats and an optional snorkel type air intake.
We’ve seen Jeep being somewhat ’casual’ about what they present to the press haven’t we. I’m thinking about the US spec Gladiators used for the European launch.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
On the other hand, Spain may be more relaxed about what they allow on the road. In Germany I am pretty sure the steel bumpers are not going to fly. Unless you are driving a 1980 G Wagon or something.
The bumpers are ugly, but I have more or less stopped caring about it. At least they wont rust.... much.

Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
The picture with the famous Spanish presenter shows clearly a steel bumper and I even think beadlock wheels.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
The picture with the famous Spanish presenter shows clearly a steel bumper and I even think beadlock wheels.
Yeah, but they specifically do not mention it in the article.
Jeeps often uses US spec vehicles for adverts and launch events in Europe. I.e.. every single time.
JL launch for reports in Germany? Halo lights turned on. Steel bumpers on the Rubicons. Both of which we do not get.
Unless I see it's approval paper, I would take it with a grain of salt.
Bead locks are 100% illegal here, so there is literally zero chance of that happening.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Yeah, but they specifically do not mention it in the article.
Jeeps often uses US spec vehicles for adverts and launch events in Europe. I.e.. every single time.
JL launch for reports in Germany? Halo lights turned on. Steel bumpers on the Rubicons. Both of which we do not get.
Unless I see it's approval paper, I would take it with a grain of salt.
Bead locks are 100% illegal here, so there is literally zero chance of that happening.
I know what you mean and I agree, but this Jeep is too client specific. It is a European Rubicon for sure. 2.0L petrol engine, 2 inch lift on small and narrow wheels.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
It is a European Rubicon for sure.
Is it though?
The 2.0l is also a popular choice in the US.
The hood also looks like the US one but I am not too sure.
I have a hard time believing they would allow that gap between the bumper and fenders- Only time will tell.

SNies

First Name
Stefan Nies
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2015 JK CRD X-edition, Jeep Compas, Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro

Sponsored

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
I’m not sure about this but does the EU spec Wrangler ship with the Halo Daytime Running Lights?

Upon inspecting factory LED’s on my Sahara (UK) I think I can see the halos but obviously they aren’t active/connected. I believe this has something to do with European rules with DRL’s.

Has anybody successfully activated the factory LED halos on the Europe spec Wrangler?

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
I’m not sure about this but does the EU spec Wrangler ship with the Halo Daytime Running Lights?

Upon inspecting factory LED’s on my Sahara (UK) I think I can see the halos but obviously they aren’t active/connected. I believe this has something to do with European rules with DRL’s.

Has anybody successfully activated the factory LED halos on the Europe spec Wrangler?
Hi Luke,

Please check a few pages back at my posts 849 and 850. Hopefully this helps. Please provide feedback if so?

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Hi Luke,

Please check a few pages back at my posts 849 and 850. Hopefully this helps. Please provide feedback if so?
Correct me if I’m wrong but I’ll have to import USA spec LED headlamps to get the halos? Also it looks like euro spec LED’s don’t have the connector for the halo.

That’s a shame, I thought it would be a simple case of activating the halos somehow.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
I don’t have 2 units at hand to compare, but out of the threads it seems it would be wiring, connectors and enabling them.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Hello Everybody!
I apologize for a long post in advance, but this is my first post on this forum - even i've been reading it for a month already - so much useful info, and the community is awesome here! But then i found this thread, and thanks to you guys i realized that Euro-JEEP is "a bit" different :). Since this thread describes almost everything that is of my interest at the moment, i decided to write here and again I want to stress out that you guys do a great thing sharing so much useful info.
So, I reside in Cyprus with my family at the moment, and i'm a BMW fan for many years, but as soon as we started travelling around the island i realized that there're so many places i'd like to go, and we had to simply turn back because i just didn't want to scratch my wife's white X3 with its 20" M-style rims and low profile Run-On-Flat tires, low M-sport body kit and etc. - it's like a ballerina in the middle of potato field :o). And my own car is completely not about the off-road as well.
Having one SUV already, i definitely wanted to go with a body-on-frame vehicle with 2 live axles, otherwise it made no sense. Since BMW doesn't have to offer anything like this i felt myself free to choose from any other make (yes, imagine, i had to deal with myself :), and after short googling i realized there're not much real off-roaders left in the market, and if we remove Japanese makes from the list (that i respect, but don't like personally - they are either too ascetic like Mitsubishi L200, or too expensive and too big like Lexus GX / TLC ), as well as Land Rover Defender (they really need to update it :) - we have either Americans makes or MB G-klasse, which costs like helicopter... and suddenly i find a review of a new JEEP Wrangler by TopGear team. That was the moment when i fell in live with this car - i wanted only it and nothing else. And even i will never use even 1/3 of its capacities i definitely wanted a Rubicon...
To make the long story short - on 03.07.2019 i've put an order with the FCA-dealership for the following JLUR '2019:
- 2.2 MultiJet Diesel (I wish we had the 3.0 V6...)
- Punk'n Orange (awesome color!)
- Black leather seats w/front seats heating (i think leather is a bit easier to clean, even there are some issues with stretchening)
- Alpine Premium sound system (ROCK'N'ROLL!!!)
- Sky One-Touch Power Soft Top (this was my biggest issue, but hard top costs extra in Cyprus as well, and the difference wasn't that big)
- Stock rims (i really love the design!)
- Technology group (LED/Keyless entry/Blind Spot Detection)
- Trailer Tow Package (including Heavy duty electrical group)

ETA is around Christmas, but there's another guy from Cyprus here, and he told there're issues with delivery times at the moment, and his delivery was already postponed - we'll see...
SO anyway, nice to meet all of you guys, thanks to anybody who has read this post to the end, and i will write another one - much shorter - regarding the exact questions to discuss with local guru's even some of them were already discussed, but i still have my doubts...
Sponsored

Last edited: