Caught in the rain

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I've had my bdoors off for more than a couple of months now. We get pretty regular rain in NY state. I bought some heavy duty rubber floor mats that tie into the floor drains and thats it. I check the weather daily and if its gonna rain at night I throw a contractor bag on top of each front seat and buckel the seat belts to keep it there. Nothing else.

Driving in most rain you dont get wet, except maybe your lower left leg. Driving in heavy rain - you get wet. I have all of my back windows out for the season too BTW. On the highway the rain actually blows in from behind you. Its weird. Gets you, the windshield and dash real wet. Havent had any issues. I've also left my top down a few times overnight and woke up to OMG!!!!!!! But its fine. 30 seconds wiping the up the big stuff and I hop i and go. Jeep says the interior is waterproof, I'm gonna test them on that.
What are you doing with your carpets?
Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
What are you doing with your carpets?
Not sure on what @anotherWS6 did but I removed my carpets (2 door JLR) and put in storage first week I had the jeep. Going on 13 months now with no carpet and wouldn't have it any other way.

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Not sure on what @anotherWS6 did but I removed my carpets (2 door JLR) and put in storage first week I had the jeep. Going on 13 months now with no carpet and wouldn't have it any other way.
Sounds like a good plan. Any heat under the floor?

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a good plan. Any heat under the floor?
Not too bad with the weathertec floor liners up front. Back seat is also removed so no clue on how hot the rear gets. In my JK the floor felt hotter (removed carpet as well) but neither is that bad as long as you have floor mats in.

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I havent touched my carpets. If the doors are always off they are gonna dry out on their own - I honestly havent even thought about them until reading this and dont have squishy or smelly carpets.

I backed my jeep up the steep hill leading to my front door two weeks ago to unload groceries. It rained haaaaaaaard that night. Came out to find my pedals literally under water. Rolled down the hill, the water drained out of the floor drains. Havent given it a second thought and found it quite amusing. Some people think I'm crazy and say so, but I bought this thing for a reason. Nothing wrong with using one of these as a soccer mom-mobile if tat's what youre in to. But to me? Well Im gonna use it like it was meant to be used. A lot of better vehicle choices out there if you dont intend to.

Sponsored

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
@KDB did you make any changes to the cargo area? I am thinking of removing my carpets but don’t know what to do with the cargo area.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
@KDB did you make any changes to the cargo area? I am thinking of removing my carpets but don’t know what to do with the cargo area.
I run a DYI platform that I can use for secure storage as everything underneath is secure when tailgate is locked. Strap me ARB 37 fridge to it and all my camping gear. Works perfect for two people on long trips. Platform bolts to the rear seatbelt bolts so it’s secure as hell.

3BF3F4FC-0253-4D59-AAE2-EFFDB0C2F8DE.jpeg

466ADCDF-55AA-4552-A719-9FFDC3319E87.jpeg

97261434-B643-4F7A-9799-936588EEB4D0.jpeg

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Oh nice. Did you remove the back storage lid then? I’m curious when people line-x or do similar things on how they treat the storage liner and the tie down areas with carpet.

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
Bumping this old thread so all the new (first time) Jeep owners like myself will know that it will be ok when (not if) this happens…

Sponsored

Deleted member 59098

A couple months ago it was nice and warm in San Francisco area, near 70 in winter. I took the top off and went up to Tahoe with a jacket and warm clothes. Of course a couple days later there was a snow storm, about 4". Tried to scoop it out of the jeep, but more difficult than it seems. Anyway, drove back to the Bay Area heater blasting (still freaking cold AF) and snow melted away in the interior. Main issue was the pollen and pine needles that tend to get mixed into snow. I ended up doing a pretty though detail.

funglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS North Edition
this is why i was very bumped to get one with leather seats...only option I did NOT want. any one have any stories with their leather seats soaked? i have neoprene seat covers but still worried...

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
this is why i was very bumped to get one with leather seats...only option I did NOT want. any one have any stories with their leather seats soaked? i have neoprene seat covers but still worried...
I normally keep the bikini top on (safari mode) as I’m not a big fan of the sun and my JLR has been caught in the rain many times so my leather seats have had standing water at times. Simply pull the drain plugs, leave it naked and park in the sun and she dries out pretty well. No issues with the leather being ruined

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Toss a towel under your butt and drive on. It’ll dry.

funglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS North Edition
I normally keep the bikini top on (safari mode) as I’m not a big fan of the sun and my JLR has been caught in the rain many times so my leather seats have had standing water at times. Simply pull the drain plugs, leave it naked and park in the sun and she dries out pretty well. No issues with the leather being ruined
thanks--the seats are the only thing i was worried about. other than that it seems the Jeep is pretty hearty!
Sponsored