Noisy fan and ESS automatically off

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

So it's 95 out and the fan is always on on highway, and loud. it slow down only on low speeds and on red light it stops. The automatic on off system ESS is off by defaut and on dash is orange followed by exclamation point...???
Sponsored

Mmfrmaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 3.6L , Firecracker Red
If the ESS warning light is always on. You need to take back to the dealer. Either your secondary battery is bad, or the ECU for that function needs to be reprogrammed.

OP
OP

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
If the ESS warning light is always on. You need to take back to the dealer. Either your secondary battery is bad, or the ECU for that function needs to be reprogrammed.
So weird. So I had the doors off before all this happened. As soon as I plugged the doors back the ESS light is on and cooling fan always on. Jeep dealer said they are going to put a new door switch/latch.....WTF?

Mmfrmaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 3.6L , Firecracker Red
yes weird, maybe ESS connected to door module, so no ESS if door are off - IDK. You probably already plugged and unplugged the door connector, and made sure it was seated. Other than that I guess it is going to the dealer

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
So weird. So I had the doors off before all this happened. As soon as I plugged the doors back the ESS light is on and cooling fan always on. Jeep dealer said they are going to put a new door switch/latch.....WTF?
The door latch is tied into the ESS system...I had a bad latch that was throwing an error code and disabling the ESS. Dealer replaced the latch, and that fixed it.
Sponsored