Barricade Mirror Issues

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
So I bought the round, Barricade mirrors that install into the hinges, and I am regretting my choice. I noticed after removing them for the second time, that i now have small metal bits coming off the bottom of the hinge from the lock washer chewing into the metal. The other issue is to get the mirror to stay in place, you have to tighten them down pretty good...well I just noticed this pulled the shaft of the mirror into the hinge opening, and has slightly damaged the inside of the hinge. Won't be using these again, as I fear prolonged use will just keep making these issues worse.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Sponsored

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Side mirrors are not required in Florida as long as your rear view mirror is not obstructed. Go mirrorless and be happy.
Although this is true.. Its sketchy in heavy traffic or on the highway with the amount of vehicles on the road around my area.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think the problem is that those mirrors suck.

OP
OP
STL J-Hawk

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I vote you move to someplace more Jeep friendly. ;)

I actually don't understand the side mirror issue, I see people all the time on this forum talk about how they "need" side mirrors on the highway or what not, it is truly a non-issue for me. Granted Denver traffic isn't nearly as insane as Florida can be, but I've never felt like there's an issue. Maybe it's a 2 door vs 4 door thing.
I only find myself needing them in rush hour traffic as it makes changes lanes a lot safer. For now, they stay off...

Sponsored

OP
OP
STL J-Hawk

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're in St. Louis. I thought you just waved your gun in the direction you intend to go and everyone else will get out of your way.
That's in the part of town I try to avoid....HAHA.

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

Side mirrors are not required in Florida as long as your rear view mirror is not obstructed. Go mirrorless and be happy.
No thanks it’s fricking scary driving without side mirrors even my shaking shitty Barracade mirrors give me peace of mind when changing lanes

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
So I bought the round, Barricade mirrors that install into the hinges, and I am regretting my choice. I noticed after removing them for the second time, that i now have small metal bits coming off the bottom of the hinge from the lock washer chewing into the metal. The other issue is to get the mirror to stay in place, you have to tighten them down pretty good...well I just noticed this pulled the shaft of the mirror into the hinge opening, and has slightly damaged the inside of the hinge. Won't be using these again, as I fear prolonged use will just keep making these issues worse.

I had a different set of Barricades & they were terrible... ridiculous vibration. I replaced them with an excellent pair of Lange Coyotes.

I'd suggest trying them, Carolina Metal Masters, or Motor City's offering.

flipboltz

First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I only find myself needing them in rush hour traffic as it makes changes lanes a lot safer. For now, they stay off...
Have you used the backup camera in traffic? I used to use it all of the time in rush hour traffic to make lane changes. It is a great feature.

Sponsored

OP
OP
STL J-Hawk

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you used the backup camera in traffic? I used to use it all of the time in rush hour traffic to make lane changes. It is a great feature.
yep...works great.

OP
OP
STL J-Hawk

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, after dealing with the "customer service" reps at Extreme Terrain regarding these...I am completely pissed off. The response i got from them, even after showing photos of damage to the inside of my hinges was "That's normal". BS.

Don't buy these pieces of crap...now I am stuck with them.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for the Lange Coyote Mirrors.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

I had the same experience with the Quadratec square mirrors. I then bought the Lange Coyote mirrors which didn't vibrate but I did not like the convex lenses. I couldn't properly judge distances of objects. So I retured them. Just dealing with the vibration on the Quadratecs until I find something else.
Sponsored