What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I think my jeep Jeep is cursed . I pulled switch Down on my tailight and it won't unplug no matter how much force I use.
3hrs later still no luck
IMG_20190725_141413.jpg
the red clip is a retaining clip ( you must slide it out/backwards to allow the locking tab to be depressed) it's a feature to prevent the connector to
be separated. You should be able to separate after moving the clip.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
the red clip is a retaining clip ( you must slide it out/backwards to allow the locking tab to be depressed) it's a feature to prevent the connector to
be separated. You should be able to separate after moving the clip.[/QU
Yeah it feels solid too. Hit a snag with the tailights ..damn thing won't budge. I was surprised to see water inside of the stock light grooves.

IMG_20190725_141656.jpg
Mine were the same way, I was afraid I would brake a wire off. But with force they came apart. when I put them back together I used di-electric grease.

jjiswhoiam

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Mojito! 2.0t, 2016 Lexus RC350 F-sport
I think my jeep Jeep is cursed . I pulled switch Down on my tailight and it won't unplug no matter how much force I use.
3hrs later still no luck
IMG_20190725_141413.jpg
On the opposite side of the red clip, from the bottom, i used a trim removal tool to release the locking tab inside of there. It's hard to see, use a flashlight and you will see it.

JeffK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram 2500 5.9 2019 JLU Rubicon
Yeah, Reedman Toll is crazy on their labor. They gave me an insane price on a JK lift a few years ago. Mind if I ask you who recommended the AEV Lift to you and quoted 6 hours. I’m leaning towards the AEV spring lift and if there’s a local place that is familiar with it then it’s worth checking out. Last time I just installed it myself, but my lower back is suggesting I get quotes for installation this time.
Thanks
Fred Beans in Doylestown really good guys there. They even recommended the AEV. They said 6 hours don’t know if that is with an alignment, and the Jeep would still be covered under warranty just not the lift parts. Jeff Daniel’s Jeep recommended AEV the Mopar is just rebranded lift and over priced for what it is. They said should be 1 day. For the lift and alignment and labor $2,100. Talked to RubiTrux for 20+ minutes they explained both lifts in detail. They said they used the Mopar lift in the beginning because there wasn’t any other choices. They haven’t had any problems with them. I will probably go to the Chiropractor first and do the lift myself.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Had my youngest son clean it after a beach run.

Responsibility.

3EFFEA62-04B1-481B-879B-47E0AD53964D.jpeg
3F1D985C-C0F9-4619-B206-9B1FA03BF112.jpeg
Another Marine coming up to serve his country, I reckon.

Just like his Dad.

Well done, Pops. And thanks.

cararose1977

First Name
Cara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Finished up the install of the Mopar Auxiliary Switch Bank (thanks to @Rhinebeck01 (It was the ground; We jumped it to another post in the engine compartment and boom we had power!) and also installed the Rough Country 30” Hood Mounted light bar.

Also got in the Mopar Tailgate Table which I will be installing today after we go get our Christmas Tree!

9417ED30-158A-4B3E-A264-925A12692A4D.jpeg
8889BEF7-E335-4EEC-97C8-87490AA97261.jpeg
EF01D93F-4B21-4D29-9A8C-88AF5B993C31.jpeg

5A38488C-A92D-4531-ACD5-B9C213C01B54.jpeg

A8480578-33E5-4D24-993A-776E2CD5AF69.jpeg
I’m trying to get my switches to work. No power. It’s so disappointing. I have checked my connections and the back of the switch box. Also installed a 10 amp fuse where one would go if it were factory installed. The dealer has already flashed and added them to the control panel.
Any other suggestions? Thanks

cararose1977

First Name
Cara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
For the most part it is straight forward. I followed a YouTube video. It did take few hours because I was working slow and alone.

Removing the panel was the hardest part to be honest for some reason it was stuck from the right side, so I started from the left.

Also if after connecting it didn't work, there are 2 areas to check. The fuses which are part of the aux switches cabling and the orange cable. You will know which orange cable I'm talking about once you start the installation.

Best of luck
Can you please explain what i would need to check for the orange cable? The dealership completed that part for me when the flashed the drive. Thanks!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I’m trying to get my switches to work. No power. It’s so disappointing. I have checked my connections and the back of the switch box. Also installed a 10 amp fuse where one would go if it were factory installed. The dealer has already flashed and added them to the control panel.
Any other suggestions? Thanks
If the dealer flashed & added to the panel, that would seem to indicate they installed. If they did... wouldn't they have known at the time whether or not they were working? Also... what are you trying to use them for?

cararose1977

First Name
Cara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If the dealer flashed & added to the panel, that would seem to indicate they installed. If they did... wouldn't they have known at the time whether or not they were working? Also... what are you trying to use them for?
I did everything except pulling the orange wire out of the harness and flashing the drive.

There was a problem in that i messed up the 10 pin connector and had to order another one. I just got the new one today and they can’t get me in to look at it until next week.

I’m trying to hook up a CB Radio for Jeepend which starts tomorrow. If i can’t figure out the Aux switch problem, I’ll just pull the power hookups to the battery for the weekend. not my preference though.