Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

beautiful MOAB Welcome all the first timer jeep owners!

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
Hi everyone, I’m a COMPLETE newbie. Coming from my Volkswagen Beetle 2003, which I still love and take care of, but she’s getting cranky, so it’s on to my first EVER Jeep...2020 Silver 4 door Sahara! Placed order on 7/15/19, received VIN 7/17/19......so excited, I’ll post pics once I get her.

bvita

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Tacoma TRD Pro
Hi there everyone,

Wanted to drop in and say hello! First time jeep owner, but second offroad vehicle. I joined this forum to research some more and educate myself on the many different options available for the JL.

I guess I’ve been on this forum for a couple months but never posted up. I traded in my 17’ club mx5 rf in for a leftover 18’ JLUR back in February.

I really wanted to find a fully loaded v6 rubi, but came across this. Despite not having the colormatch flares or steel bumper, I’m glad I came across it! The Sky one touch top has grown on me and is a nice touch when cruising around. Definitely cannot wait to start throwing parts at this one!
FC451A39-80F9-47FB-AAAB-A2A91C02A9D9.jpeg

Just to stir the pot, lol.
My 15’ Tacoma TRD Pro with King midtravel f/r.
B5A43AE2-DDEB-478B-ACD6-6B1EBB7E0301.jpeg

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Hi folks.

I've decided to hang out here a bit, to learn a little bit more about what it is like to own a JL Wrangler. My wife has expressed interest in owning one, despite having no interest in removing the top, or driving off road. What can I say, she likes distinct looking vehicles, that come in fun colours. We took one for a test drive together, and she was very happy with it. Though she did notice a little wander in the steering, she felt the vehicle was comfortable, and enjoyable to drive. Her current ride is a 2012 Mini Countryman S.

Personally, I do have an interest in off road driving, though unfortunately, don't live very close to any legal 4x4 trails. I was excited when my wife expressed interest in owning a Wrangler, but was less excited when I learned how much a new, well equipped Sahara costs. Maybe in a few years, we will be able to make the finances work, or maybe we'll never end up with a Wrangler in the driveway. Time will tell.
It's calling your name, you own one. Until then keep learning everything you can. Good luck!

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like membership is growing nicely lately but I didn't see an intro thread, so I'll start!

I'm Rob from NY. I daily a Grand Cherokee and got a project TJ SE that I've had for years and will hopefully keep forever. Was considering a JKU as a weekend outdoor activity car for the family, but figured the JL Unlimited is right around the corner so why not wait. Happy to be here for the last few months following all the great news and coverage of the JL Wrangler.
Seems like membership is growing nicely lately but I didn't see an intro thread, so I'll start!

I'm Rob from NY. I daily a Grand Cherokee and got a project TJ SE that I've had for years and will hopefully keep forever. Was considering a JKU as a weekend outdoor activity car for the family, but figured the JL Unlimited is right around the corner so why not wait. Happy to be here for the last few months following all the great news and coverage of the JL Wrangler.
Hello name is Curtis from Wylie TX suburb of Dallas. Been RAM owner 20 years. Had a Wild Hair and walked out with New 2019 JLUS 2.0L Turbo Sky Power Top. So I fall under Newbie. Went off road this weekend first time. Had a Blast. Just had lift and 33's on this week. Didn't Go Big Tires and Big lift. Mt Son has Big Lift and 37's and hurt his MPG but that's the way a Lot of Jeeps I see run. I went with smaller look but I like it. Glad to meet you all Jeep World !! Looking forward to winter here since its Texas and its hot as hell this time of year. Have opened her up mainly in early morning hours. Found out 90 Degree and above its HOT opened up.

2019 Jeep JLU Sahara  Lifted 33's now..jpg

TarheelTrails

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hello! Just purchased my wife a 2018 Sport S in brilliant white from a local dealer. We had a 2014 JKU previously and sold it last year due to us just driving it too much and gas was killing me. But, we both missed it and had to get back into a Jeep!

After 3 weeks of the new JL, I can say we are impressed with the improvements over the JK platform. This is very much more comfortable for a daily driver and weekend warrior than the JK. Mpg has been solid in the low 20’s with the new 8spd auto and plenty of power.

We’ve already started the mods with some minor additions, mainly cosmetic. Just bought some rubicon take off wheels and tires and planning a rubicon suspension now as well. Planning to keep this one fairly mild as she drives it all the time and we only go to trails randomly a few times a year.

Here are pics of the new ride and the old one for nostalgia.

But glad to be back in the Jeep community!

54677C74-C041-48EA-8229-BE29D1C2744C.jpeg

8A199CF4-EA31-4843-8C82-3B476B3573FB.jpeg

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all. New JLU Sort S owner. First wrangler. I have to say this is a pretty damn nice vehicle. Looking forward to learning all I can about it's abilities and some fun family trips.

We are in Central Florida. Hit some easy trails in the Citrus state park today on the way back from swimming in some river springs.

Sponsored

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Just purchased this '19 JL Sport yesterday. It was one of two two door 6 speed JLs for sale in Oklahoma.

67142653_10219746120072288_7923230052752293888_n.jpg
When I bought my Jeep in November of last year, the dealer told me it was only the second 2 door manual they had sold in the past 8 months....

Summdawg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
New member here..I’ve been stalking for a couple of weeks though.

I just bought a new 19 Wrangler Unlimited.
It’s has a 2” lift with 35” MT’s on it.
As soon as the steering debacle is fixed, it’s going in the shop to get it lifted a little more. It rubs a little on the tires when turning hard.

My Jeep is a mall crawler. It will never see the mud. This is my 3rd Jeep.

Go Dawgs! - Chris

5EF1457D-8541-4FFA-AB1C-88E77B2EDE31.jpeg

Tygerman76

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper S Countryman, 2018 Mini Cooper S Hardtop, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Almost 2 weeks into a 2019 granite Chrystal metallic Sahara. 2.0, sky one touch, and cold weather package. Added hitch and wiring this weekend. Decided to try something different after leasing 2 mini Cooper countryman and 2 hardtops ( still have 18 months left on one) over the last 6 years. Talk about polar opposites, drive the Cooper a few days and the Jeep feels like a semi. Loving it so far. Even crafted a window net for the removable rear windows when the dogs are cruising.

IMG_20190723_175139.jpg

grumgirl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Hella Yella
Occupation
Information Technology
welcome to the club. but i have one question. can you be modding up the jl if you are leasing.. even if you are going to do the buy out.
Yes you can.
Sponsored