Rock Krawler Adventure Series lifts?

J.boyd919

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
I've been trying to figure out what lift to go with as I want to make sure I do this right. My first Jeep so I'm trying to do it right and spend the money and get what I pay for. Now I don't need anything crazy as I live in FL and I'm not doing any heavy off roading, but if I want to go mudding and what not, I just want to make sure I've got some quality guts underneath. I've been trying to decide between the Teraflex 2.5 S/T2 and I recently came across this:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rock-kr...s-stage-1-25-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door

I never know how the tiers go, but I feel like I see a lot of people talking up RK. Anyone on here running the RK Adventure series?

I also came across this one too:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/jks-manufacturing/2.5-inch-standard-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited

There's just so many options I want to make sure I get something of good quality.
Sponsored

JLRubiMD

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You can't go wrong with Rock Krawler, especially if the daily drive ride is important. They still do great off road, but on road they are somewhere around the comfort of a Rubicon suspension which I find great. Teraflex is good too, I haven't been in a JL with a Teraflex kit but I installed Teraflex kits on my last 2 JKs and had no complaints. Honestly, if you're wanting a great daily driver that can handle some serious mud if needed, all you need is the RK Stock Mod. It's simple and effective. Mudding doesn't require crazy flexing and for the money that kit is awesome. I suggest subscribing to Northridge's email list because they send out discount codes pretty often, I either got 15% or 20% off when I bought this last RK kit.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I've been trying to figure out what lift to go with as I want to make sure I do this right. My first Jeep so I'm trying to do it right and spend the money and get what I pay for. Now I don't need anything crazy as I live in FL and I'm not doing any heavy off roading, but if I want to go mudding and what not, I just want to make sure I've got some quality guts underneath. I've been trying to decide between the Teraflex 2.5 S/T2 and I recently came across this:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rock-kr...s-stage-1-25-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door

I never know how the tiers go, but I feel like I see a lot of people talking up RK. Anyone on here running the RK Adventure series?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/jks-manufacturing/2.5-inch-standard-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited

There's just so many options I want to make sure I get something of good quality.
JKS Is solid too and their owned by Fox. I would probably go their route, but you shouldn't have any problems with either lift.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
i just got my control arms for this exact kit and will be installing at the end of the month.. These things are beefy and well made. Also i highly recommend you look into the E3offroad.. the owner of rock krawler did like a 3 hour series of classes with Kevin from Lite Brite.. on the different parts of a suspension, and when you need what and what it does, what to look for in a kit.. and he was pretty good about just trying to educate and not push his specific products. Made me feel really good about buying the product.. and the adventure series 1.. makes a lot of sense if you want quality, but dont want to overbuild the suspenion.. and get good ride quality.. once you learn about the springs they use, and see how beefy there stuff is.. you will be happy.. I will try to make a point to come back after install and give you some feedback.. I ran a teraflex kit in the past on a JL.. and it was fine.. but once you really start looking at the rock crawler stuff.. i think you will see why they are the hot company right now..

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
You can't go wrong with Rock Krawler, especially if the daily drive ride is important. They still do great off road, but on road they are somewhere around the comfort of a Rubicon suspension which I find great. Teraflex is good too, I haven't been in a JL with a Teraflex kit but I installed Teraflex kits on my last 2 JKs and had no complaints. Honestly, if you're wanting a great daily driver that can handle some serious mud if needed, all you need is the RK Stock Mod. It's simple and effective. Mudding doesn't require crazy flexing and for the money that kit is awesome. I suggest subscribing to Northridge's email list because they send out discount codes pretty often, I either got 15% or 20% off when I bought this last RK kit.
The stock mod kit has no method of caster correction, which is absolutely required for a 2.5" lift. The OP would need to separately purchase control arm alignment brackets or either upper or lower control arms.

Sponsored

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara

That RK kit would work well, but since you don't have a Rubicon I'd recommend also getting some front sway bar disconnects.

JKS builds nice stuff too, but this kit's only method of caser correction is a cam kit which is a poor solution. The next step up kit has control arm alignment brackets that will keep excellent driving manners. The JKS kit also already has the front swaybar disconnects.

I'd recommend the FOX 2.0 shocks with both kits.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The stock mod kit has no method of caster correction, which is absolutely required for a 2.5" lift. The OP would need to separately purchase control arm alignment brackets or either upper or lower control arms.
They do have caster correction, the fixed arms are almost a 1/2” longer than stock.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
My bad, not paying attention.
I think the RK kit adventure series stage 1 is great for me. Mostly a daily driver but want to increase performance on the keep for tackling without scraping, bottoming out, less head toss. Not looking to throw too much $$$ at the Jeep