Nissan Frontier

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
All these pictures of 2 doors are swaying me back toward one. 3 out of my 4 Wranglers were 2 doors.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
What I cannot believe, is that in the Order Survey on this site, less than 20% have ordered 2 Doors!
I am sure people have needs, reasons, and lusts for 4 doors, I just cannot see that making sense in my life.
I know this will offend/upset some, but when I am just glancing around and a 4 door Wrangler is in my vision field, my brain just classifies it as "Hummer" and moves on.
Survey Says.jpg

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What I cannot believe, is that in the Order Survey on this site, less than 20% have ordered 2 Doors!
I am sure people have needs, reasons, and lusts for 4 doors, I just cannot see that making sense in my life.
I know this will offend/upset some, but when I am just glancing around and a 4 door Wrangler is in my vision field, my brain just classifies it as "Hummer" and moves on.
Survey Says.jpg
Actually no offense taken - but I'll be new to the Wrangler so I may be speaking out of place here - I will say this though, and also no offense meant, but I see more "soccer mom / dad" types cruising in unlimited's around here - just saying.

I've personally got no use for another 4 door vehicle - after the Caliber Wagon I've been driving for 11 years which I really had zero use for rear seats or doors. Back when I lived in the city it was great - not so much out here in the countryside. My kids by marriage are all grown up and if anyone else is with me, it's just my wife. Those rear seats on my future 2 door Jl Sport S will probably be permanently down for more cargo haulage.

Side note: remember when more vehicles actually came in 2 and 4 door options? I mean I remember when I started driving in the late 80's and 4 doors just wasn't cool. I don't remember when everything became 4 doors

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
Survey Says.jpg
I think it's really down to where you are at in your life. My first Wrangler was a 2015 JK Sport. Loved it. Just the right size, capability and all. Then we started planning for a child, we bought a house and I exchanged my JK for 4 door crossover. Now to go back to a Wrangler with a family, I cannot really see myself going back to a 2 doors. These things are only usable by removing the back seat to gain cargo space, and, well, I need both!

Once day, when my daughter moves out and before grand children(s) comes, maybe I could get a 2 doors again. Otherwise I just cannot see how I could do it. I would assume tons of member are in a similar situation.

That being said, like the others, I do miss the day where 2 doors and 4 doors was an option on cars. It's not that long ago! When I started driving in early 2000 I believe it was still the norm.

Edit: Shoot, just noticed this wasn't such a recent thread. Didn't mean to bring back an "old" thread up. Anyway, it's just a month, not like it was a year :P

Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Edit: Shoot, just noticed this wasn't such a recent thread. Didn't mean to bring back an "old" thread up. Anyway, it's just a month, not like it was a year :P
Prevok, you make valid & sensible points.

Sadly, some day some future historians will be looking at this thread and saying, ā€œWhat! Jeeps had just two doors? And they didnā€™t even fly! What barbaric times.ā€

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
2 door is the only true Wrangler and the only Jeep I would ever buy again.
20 years later i think it is time to admit that the unlimited is a jeep too. I can post plenty of pics of rubi unlimiteds rock crawling all over the place. #truejeeps

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's really down to where you are at in your life. My first Wrangler was a 2015 JK Sport. Loved it. Just the right size, capability and all. Then we started planning for a child, we bought a house and I exchanged my JK for 4 door crossover. Now to go back to a Wrangler with a family, I cannot really see myself going back to a 2 doors. These things are only usable by removing the back seat to gain cargo space, and, well, I need both!

Once day, when my daughter moves out and before grand children(s) comes, maybe I could get a 2 doors again. Otherwise I just cannot see how I could do it. I would assume tons of member are in a similar situation.

That being said, like the others, I do miss the day where 2 doors and 4 doors was an option on cars. It's not that long ago! When I started driving in early 2000 I believe it was still the norm.

Well said, plus my dog likes the ability to sleep in the back. It also carries much more ski gear. My dad has a hummer and it is nowhere near as much fun as my 4 door JK and my soon to be 4 door Rubi.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
the 4 door says bus to me, but im not buying my 2 door to be a daily driver. its sole purpose will be for my lady and i to go camping and exploring. the backseat will be removed for cargo space immediately. my kids are also grown and off in college so no need for that rear seat or added length of the 4 door. i have 4 doors on my DD if needed. the 2 door is very maneuverable with a far superior turning radius which is just dandy in all kinds of driving situations. to me the 2 door is the "sportier" version of the two, with the 4 door being the "station wagon" version.

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the 4 door says bus to me, but im not buying my 2 door to be a daily driver. its sole purpose will be for my lady and i to go camping and exploring. the backseat will be removed for cargo space immediately. my kids are also grown and off in college so no need for that rear seat or added length of the 4 door. i have 4 doors on my DD if needed. the 2 door is very maneuverable with a far superior turning radius which is just dandy in all kinds of driving situations. to me the 2 door is the "sportier" version of the two, with the 4 door being the "station wagon" version.

No doubt the 2 door is a better option for some and that many of us who have to purchase 4 doors for practicalities seek would rather have a 2 door. I have given the 2 door a try (and have had 2 since 1996) but with 2 kids a dog and of course a wife, practicality is where Iā€™m at today. The point being, donā€™t even think of a 2 door if you have a young family and you must use the vehicle as a daily driver. You might as well try to use a Porsche Boxster (which also handles better than the unlimited) but you wouldnā€™t pick up your son and two friends from their hockey game (especially since said son plays goalie).
Sponsored