Sponsored

Rough cost estimate - Mopar 2" lift kit, installed?

ihsolutions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i M-sport
I just got a quote for the 2" MOPAR lift from Criswell (who is ordering my 2020 JL) for $2,709, installed. I assumed that was a good price but now that I've researched it, it's definitely high.
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Absolutely, that's too high. I can make a quick write-up on how to do the lift. It's incredibly simple to do and I would encourage anyone to do it themselves. You will learn a lot about your Jeep and save a bunch of money.

OP
OP
joshg

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Absolutely, that's too high. I can make a quick write-up on how to do the lift. It's incredibly simple to do and I would encourage anyone to do it themselves. You will learn a lot about your Jeep and save a bunch of money.
@chevymitchell if you really are willing to post a "Newbie Instructions for Mopar 2" Lift" document, I bet a lot of people here would really appreciate it and use it. You've been a great resource for people here and are always helpful and encouraging. Thanks!

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Here's one I looked at before installing. My floor jack and jack stands weren't high enough so I had to get a little creative. Also, make sure to recenter the steering wheel when done otherwise you'll get codes set and a light show within the first hour.

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Long time reader, First time poster....
Hopefully this will help with those starting to do research on the Mopar kit. This is a list of components that I have coming from various sources/vendors along with actual costs (including tax and shipping when applicable). I will do the installation since this is a pretty straight forward "bolt on" project. My plan is to start with the Mopar 2 inch kit and upgrade or add components that I feel "fix" the areas that Mopar didn't get quite right. Of course this is only MY idea of what will work best based on past experience and a LOT of research on the Mopar kit. Besides the crate is really COOL :rock:

• Mopar JLU 3.6L 2" Lift Kit Part #77072395AC "Baseline kit for the project" Comes in a COOL crate! Sourced on EBAY from seller (everydodgepart) Cost $1,099
  • Fox Factory Race Series 2.0 Performance ATS Steering Stabilizer part #983-02-148. Overkill but sourced on EBAY as NEW unused item out of box from individual for a GREAT price. Cost $265
  • Rock Krawler Front Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #RK06705K. Replacement for Mopar Pads that still seem to be poor quality even in the AC kit. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $28.50 with JLWF Discount :clap:
  • Rock Krawler Rear Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #06840 Replacements for Mopar pads. Not sure if they are needed but good insurance IMO. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $16.15 with JLWF Discount :like:
  • Rock Krawler JL Front Adjustable Track Bar Part #RK06187. Replace stock non-adjustable to correctly center axle. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $182.75 with JLWF Discount :)
  • Rock Krawler JL Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket Part #RK06718K. To correct rear geometry for better highway handling and overall performance. Note: I may go with the Rock Krawler rear adjustable Track Bar at a later time "if" I am not happy with the stock bar ride quality. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $84.14 with JLWF Discount :rock:
Looks like the total investment for this suspension build is going to run me around $1,675 with the upgrade stabilizer. It could be done for $1,410 without. Not bad for starting with the Mopar Kit which gives you Fox Shocks and did I mention a COOL crate :LOL: By adding a few mods I feel like this will be a decent build.

I will likely have all the parts sitting in my garage for a little while until I get the time to install them.

My Rubicon already sits on 35" Toyo Open Country RTs and Moto Metal 20" wheels for daily driving. Depending on ride quality and stance after install, I may go up to 37's. I will also likely go with a 17" off road wheel set up for the rough stuff.

Thanks to Rock Krawler for helping with my tech questions, the numerous threads here on JLWF, and River City Offroad for the AWESOME JLWF Discount!

Stay tuned for the results...….eventually.

Sponsored

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For reference, I checked two locations in the Morris County area of NJ and going price for Mopar 2" install (only) is 1200. They seem to allocate 10.5 hours for the job at a rate of 115 per hour... One of them had not done a JL yet and the other had claimed a few done already. One tried to frighten me into thinking that my warranty would not cover without their installation but candidly at that rate I'd rather install myself and back it all out (if I ever had to) to stock. 10.5 hours, in a shop with a lift, all the right tools and presumably folks who'd done it before....? Seems like they are overestimating the time for the work. Looks like I have a project ahead of me for September. :)

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Probably too late for the reply, but I only paid $200 for install and $89 for an alignment. The kit was $1449 less 15% with coupon. It was $1520 plus tax for me. This was done at Al Serra Jeep in Grand Blanc, MI. When I saw the install price on the quote I jumped on it.

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
Probably too late for the reply, but I only paid $200 for install and $89 for an alignment. The kit was $1449 less 15% with coupon. It was $1520 plus tax for me. This was done at Al Serra Jeep in Grand Blanc, MI. When I saw the install price on the quote I jumped on it.
DID YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM LIKE COIL SPRING BOWING IS EVERYTHING ALLIGN ALL GEOMETRY ARE CENTER?

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
Long time reader, First time poster....
Hopefully this will help with those starting to do research on the Mopar kit. This is a list of components that I have coming from various sources/vendors along with actual costs (including tax and shipping when applicable). I will do the installation since this is a pretty straight forward "bolt on" project. My plan is to start with the Mopar 2 inch kit and upgrade or add components that I feel "fix" the areas that Mopar didn't get quite right. Of course this is only MY idea of what will work best based on past experience and a LOT of research on the Mopar kit. Besides the crate is really COOL :rock:

• Mopar JLU 3.6L 2" Lift Kit Part #77072395AC "Baseline kit for the project" Comes in a COOL crate! Sourced on EBAY from seller (everydodgepart) Cost $1,099
  • Fox Factory Race Series 2.0 Performance ATS Steering Stabilizer part #983-02-148. Overkill but sourced on EBAY as NEW unused item out of box from individual for a GREAT price. Cost $265
  • Rock Krawler Front Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #RK06705K. Replacement for Mopar Pads that still seem to be poor quality even in the AC kit. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $28.50 with JLWF Discount :clap:
  • Rock Krawler Rear Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #06840 Replacements for Mopar pads. Not sure if they are needed but good insurance IMO. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $16.15 with JLWF Discount :like:
  • Rock Krawler JL Front Adjustable Track Bar Part #RK06187. Replace stock non-adjustable to correctly center axle. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $182.75 with JLWF Discount :)
  • Rock Krawler JL Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket Part #RK06718K. To correct rear geometry for better highway handling and overall performance. Note: I may go with the Rock Krawler rear adjustable Track Bar at a later time "if" I am not happy with the stock bar ride quality. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $84.14 with JLWF Discount :rock:
Looks like the total investment for this suspension build is going to run me around $1,675 with the upgrade stabilizer. It could be done for $1,410 without. Not bad for starting with the Mopar Kit which gives you Fox Shocks and did I mention a COOL crate :LOL: By adding a few mods I feel like this will be a decent build.

I will likely have all the parts sitting in my garage for a little while until I get the time to install them.

My Rubicon already sits on 35" Toyo Open Country RTs and Moto Metal 20" wheels for daily driving. Depending on ride quality and stance after install, I may go up to 37's. I will also likely go with a 17" off road wheel set up for the rough stuff.

Thanks to Rock Krawler for helping with my tech questions, the numerous threads here on JLWF, and River City Offroad for the AWESOME JLWF Discount!

Stay tuned for the results...….eventually.

THIS EVERYDODGEPART ON EBAY IS LEGIT NOT SCAM ALSO WHEN YOU RECEIVED THESE 2 INCH MOPAR LIFT KIT DID THEY CAME WITH RIGHT SPRING ISOLATOR PARTS TO CORRECT THE COIL SPRING BOWING?

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
THIS EVERYDODGEPART ON EBAY IS LEGIT NOT SCAM ALSO WHEN YOU RECEIVED THESE 2 INCH MOPAR LIFT KIT DID THEY CAME WITH RIGHT SPRING ISOLATOR PARTS TO CORRECT THE COIL SPRING BOWING?
It did have the improved spacers but STILL a weak point so I upgraded to the Rock Krawler spacers. Inexpensive and WAY BETTER. I listed them in my component breakdown. With Black Friday sales they are even cheaper!

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
DID YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM LIKE COIL SPRING BOWING IS EVERYTHING ALLIGN ALL GEOMETRY ARE CENTER?
Zero spring bow issues. That has been resolved. The front axle is about 1/2” off center due the lift and no track bar change. I’ve got an adjustable one that I haven’t put on yet.
For the price I paid it was well worth it. I’ll add the track bar and later adjustable lower front control arms but I’m very happy with it.
Sponsored