ARB Gear for Aussie Delivered JL Wrangler

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
ARB don’t yet list the JL on their Aussie webpage - “Still measuring & assessing local JL’s” So the only ARB gear available in OZ for the JL at the moment is their rear draw system & a compressor bracket. See attached. Really want to see what the ARB lift will be available on OZ spec wranglers. Guessing it’ll be limited to 2 inch (50mm), would like to see them offer an engineered 3 inch suspension pack though.
Sponsored

Attachments

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
I plan on putting ARB bumpers from and back on my stock TJ. Would like to see the beef with the JL products. ARB always has good solid products.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Hi Steve0,

If you haven't already done so, check out the ARB 4x4 Culture mag from their website (issue 53). It covers some of the development they have been doing with the JL.

Having taken delivery of my JL last month, I am finding Australia is yet to wake up to the JL. Not many websites have the JL listed. Hoping this will change sooner rather than later.

A couple of findings.

For roof racks, Rhino Rack has just listed the backbone system for the JL in the US. From what I have been told, it should be on the AUS site in the next few weeks. Boosts dynamic roof capacity from 45kgs to 120kgs.

For tow hitches, Hayman Reese has confirmed they should have a heavy duty (2495kgs) tow hitch available in two - three weeks.

All the best.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
Hi Steve0,

If you haven't already done so, check out the ARB 4x4 Culture mag from their website (issue 53). It covers some of the development they have been doing with the JL.

Having taken delivery of my JL last month, I am finding Australia is yet to wake up to the JL. Not many websites have the JL listed. Hoping this will change sooner rather than later.

A couple of findings.

For roof racks, Rhino Rack has just listed the backbone system for the JL in the US. From what I have been told, it should be on the AUS site in the next few weeks. Boosts dynamic roof capacity from 45kgs to 120kgs.

For tow hitches, Hayman Reese has confirmed they should have a heavy duty (2495kgs) tow hitch available in two - three weeks.

All the best.
Many USA aftermarket 'bar' suppliers that where at SEMA are still not got stuff to market. the AEV stuff looked awesome and 'lightweight'.
the ARB stuff is 'traditionally strong and heavy and a bit old school ( in my view), i think ARB need to unlearn some things. But one thing is for sure, ARB bars are heavy duty.

Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
whats coming soon though... 1 month or 1 year away lol..

I am keen on the draws, air system with tank and maybe the linx.. my problem with the Linx system.. it looks like they just bought a cheap android phone from china and installed an app on it.. I wish I could just use an app on my phone to talk to the "Linx system"

OP
OP

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Rear bumper looks great!!

OP
OP

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
ARB Australia have finally updated their Aussie site to include the JL wrangler. Still limited options here though, & no suspension lift as yet.
https://www.arb.com.au/jeep-wrangler-jl-2018-present

Compare this to ARB’s US site where they have old man emu 2.5 & 3.5” lift kits & 4 different bull bar options ☹
https://arbusa.com/jeep-wrangler-jl-2018-on

On a side note, check out the location of the steering damper on Aussie spec JL’s (first pic) has anyone hit theirs yet, seems to hang down a long way. You can get relocation kits for LHD but not sure about RHD?

1.png

2.png

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
ARB so slow for aussie considering ARB is supposed to be Aussie..

But yeah the steering damper location is rubbish. You can relocate it but you have to cut off that bracket down low. I'll definitely be doing this at some point, just not sure if i want to do that sooner or do it later as i'd like to run the car for at least a year without voiding to many warranty things just yet haha but it is taking away crucial clearance from the car.

I havent hit mine on any rocks yet i dont think, but when i had the whole front end under thick clay/mud, that bracket took forever to clean all the mud out of it once home.. something i'll best try to avoid doing again =/

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I bought the ARB twin compressor and waited for their mount to be released. It’s a really good solution.

Unlike others I’ve seen it’s actually under the seat. It’s structure and position also do a lot to reduce the noise to a more acceptable level.

I mounted it under the passenger seat (RHD) mainly because you need to drill a hole in the floor and I didn’t trust myself not to drill into the fuel tank on the other side!

Anyway I’m happy with the way it turned out...

04F33FCB-E891-4B8D-81FD-D1032F42681C.jpeg
D39F76E5-43D7-465D-984B-B89DA825C0AE.jpeg
C998A0DB-2BE1-40E2-96C7-6B0F20FA0B24.jpeg
302D4354-B8A2-4CD3-B69F-D014B71BC387.jpeg

Sponsored

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
sure there might be some regs that might prevent the stubby bars, but surely they could do the other full width bar. sure we can only do a 2" lift generally.
i am starting to think arb have reached the 'toyota' mindset and to just put out the same old stuff cause peeps will buy purely on the brand rep.
the usa site has 'pacakges' which is a great idea, but nothing like that in Aust. bit of a shame

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Really like the look of the Bondi Deluxe from the ARB Europe website (pre release photos only). Hope this will be available in Australia.

20181023_Jeep_JL_Pre_SEMA_033.jpg

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Quoted $2500 Plus fitting for the Aussie arb deluxe bar there is currently 22 units in the country and only rubicon compatible.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Quoted $2500 Plus fitting for the Aussie arb deluxe bar there is currently 22 units in the country and only rubicon compatible.
talk about over priced =/

but i guess it'll be one of if not the only after market bar that is adr approved in Aus =/

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
talk about over priced =/

but i guess it'll be one of if not the only after market bar that is adr approved in Aus =/
Yes this is the kicker be legal or save $1400. It is a lot of money saved right up till you get caught out (if your unlucky).
Sponsored