Sponsored

37s and 2.5" lift . Now wondering a bit.

Jlb1177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Which would be first priority adj track bar or adj lower control arms? It feels like theres a lot of play in the steering wheel before it actually engages the wheel .

It's on 2.5 spacer lift at the moment
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’d say control arms. With a spacer lift on Sahara coils you’re about an inch over a factory rubicon. The track bar isn’t necessary at that height for centering the axle. Control arms could help with caster correction but again at only an inch lift it shouldn’t be off to much. That said, I’d start with getting your alignment rigth and work from there. Did it have an issue before the lift?

Brett

OP
OP
Jlb1177

Jlb1177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
It's a rubi. I previously had 35s no lift and didnt notice this much wheel play or wondering. Now 37s and 2.5 spacer. The ride is great. Super quiet and soft but its wondering with wheel play.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
It's a rubi. I previously had 35s no lift and didnt notice this much wheel play or wondering. Now 37s and 2.5 spacer. The ride is great. Super quiet and soft but its wondering with wheel play.
Ahh. Just saw Sahara and missed the JK. Yes adj control arms to start with.

Brett

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jlb1177

Jlb1177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Sounds goods. Another thing on the list. Thanks

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I installed adj front trac bar and adj lower control arms on or Rubi, 2.5" spacer and 37s. It drives flawlessly now. Cast and CAmber is dialed in, and you can steer with your finger on the interstate at 80.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Which would be first priority adj track bar or adj lower control arms? It feels like theres a lot of play in the steering wheel before it actually engages the wheel .

It's on 2.5 spacer lift at the moment
How many miles are on your Jeep and have you looked closely at the track bar bushings when you turn the wheel? Do they move? If so, I would start there. Have you measured front/rear axles to see if they are off? TB would help correct that if so. Did the spacer lift come with front control arm correctional brackets? Have you checked your castor? If no brackets, you might be a perfect candidate for the lower control arms that come with the mopar lift. They are fairly cheap or at least cheaper than adj LCA's. That way you could do both and if you wanted to go adj later you could just sell (for a slight loss) the LCA's. I would do one, drive it, and then do the other. It'll give you a better idea of what fixed or reduced it.
Sponsored