Sponsored

How many of you have had a flawless Jeep?

OP
OP
FirstF80InSpace

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
Update: So the tow truck showed up. Jump starting didn’t help. Engine isn’t even turning over. It will need to towed to the dealership.
Sponsored

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
Well I guess I jinxed myself. Drive to the grocery store this morning. Get back to the Jeep and it won’t start. Radio works. Doors lock and unlock. So there’s some power. But when I hit the start button, nothing happens.

Checked the starter fuse and it seems fine. Even swapped it with the spare and still won’t start. Waiting for roadside assistance right now.
Damn, sorry to hear that. I hope it gets sorted out quickly.

OP
OP
FirstF80InSpace

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
Update: Jeep can’t be manually shifted into neutral. Pulling on the cord does nothing. Called back roadside assistance to send another tow truck with dollies. They send another flatbed. Called roadside assistance a third time to send a damn truck with dollies. They can’t find any so they told me to call a tow truck company myself and they will reimburse me. Been waiting 3 hours now.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If the manual park release isn't working, you're either doing it wrong, or something is very, very wrong with your jeep.

Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Well I guess I jinxed myself. Drive to the grocery store this morning. Get back to the Jeep and it won’t start. Radio works. Doors lock and unlock. So there’s some power. But when I hit the start button, nothing happens.
I was about to add to this thread stating that one should expect a flaw of some sort on any new vehicle but that it's acceptable as long as it doesn't leave you stranded. :facepalm:

My JLUR has had it's quirks, mostly with the Uconnect, backup camera and ESS but it's never left me stranded.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i have a 2019 2 door 3.6 auto and everything is all good. i wouldn't worry about it. just enjoy the jeep.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Other than some mildly annoying interior rattles, most of which showed up after 6 months, everthing works great. 14 months, 11,000 miles.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
If the manual park release isn't working, you're either doing it wrong, or something is very, very wrong with your jeep.
I had the same thought. I've never seen the manual release not work.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
First time Jeep owner. In fact, first time North American car owner. Just reading these threads and am getting paranoid. Particularly with the ESS and battery issues.

I've had my 2019 JLU for almost three weeks now and put around 1000 kms (600 miles) on it. So far (knock on wood) no issues other than water from the gutter dripping into the cabin when I opened the door in the rain.

So how many of you have had zero issues with your JL?
I'm GLAD someone finally asked this question other than complaining about every little picayune problem. I have had no issues with mine and mine was an early 2018 #119467 Rubicon. I've had 3 oil changes (and none were overfilled by the service department), they addressed recalls if applicable and fixed the roof seal between the 2 freedom tops that I screwed up at no charge. I have customized many things but I have not done anything with suspension or monster tires. I did add Fuel Assault wheels 9" wide which makes the 33" K02's look larger and pertinent to the vehicle. I'm amazed and shocked by some of the issues that people find they need to complain about that has more to do with inexperience and bitching about everything. Thanks so much for asking "one of the majority" of the folks that have had no issues with their new JL. Charlie

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
First time Jeep owner. In fact, first time North American car owner. Just reading these threads and am getting paranoid. Particularly with the ESS and battery issues.

I've had my 2019 JLU for almost three weeks now and put around 1000 kms (600 miles) on it. So far (knock on wood) no issues other than water from the gutter dripping into the cabin when I opened the door in the rain.

I've two so far. 2018 JLR and now a 2020 JTR.

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
Had my 2019 JLU since 11/30/2018, only 4000 miles on it so far. The ONLY two issues so far: Broken lower latch on the center console...I broke it by catching a shirt sleeve on the handle of the latch (repaired by the dealer under warranty). The second issue is every once in a while I get a message on the instrument panel that my ESS is not working and to have it serviced at the dealership. I generally always remember to turn off the ESS, so not a big deal for me. The ESS error always resets itself when I restart the engine the next time I drive my Jeep. My Sahara is an amazing vehicle !

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wranger Sahara JLU
Define "flawless" :idea:

After 9 months and about 9k miles, only minor issues have been a wayward GPS (dealer recalibrated) and a noisy passenger seat (still waiting for resolution). Love the Wrangler (my first) and can't see driving anything else as my daily. The 2.0T has been great with combined mileage of 20-ish with ESS in active mode most of the time. I don't know if you would consider the money black hole a flaw (my wife might have some words to say about that ;)) but I think I've stopped hemorrhaging funds quite so much. But other than the couple of niggles above she's been flawless in every respect.

This with the noisy passenger seat. Its like they didn't tighten some bolts/nuts on the front passenger seat. 8K miles and first free oil change completed last week. 80% HWY driving...getting 24 mpg avg.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
9K plus miles and only one issue front passenger seat squeaking. Dealer repaired just before 4K and good as new.

Pourboire

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL

Regarding my 2018 JL Sport, manual transmission, updated s package, 7.2 " display,
with safety package (BSW, rear cross traffic ...ect), no problems at all. No wandering
or another issue other then dealership knowing jack S___ about their own product.
I won't even haven them change the oil because they would screw it up.
Sponsored