First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i just installed my rough country 2" cubes and wired the neg and pos. wire to the battery. since it wired to the battery it will have continuous power (hot) even when the ignition is off. so my question is this set up ok and will this drain the battery out when the jeep is not running ( cube light off )

20190719_200941[1].jpg
Sponsored

olmectech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
If they're LED cubes they draw very little power. I've left mine turned on all night and did not drain battery. If they're off won't drain battery.

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
If they're LED cubes they draw very little power. I've left mine turned on all night and did not drain battery. If they're off won't drain battery.
yes they are led.

so as long as the lights are off but the power source shows power ( the pic shows a red light for the power stays on) then its not draining or using. the battery.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
i just installed my rough country 2" cubes and wired the neg and pos. wire to the battery. since it wired to the battery it will have continuous power (hot) even when the ignition is off. so my question is this set up ok and will this drain the battery out when the jeep is not running ( cube light off )

20190719_200941[1].jpg
Please post some pictures of your lights and the mounts. Is the mount the one that uses the windshield hinge as one of the attachment points? How is the light output?

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Please post some pictures of your lights and the mounts. Is the mount the one that uses the windshield hinge as one of the attachment points? How is the light output?
here's the link to what i have. they are rough country 2" creed led lights 2800 lumun. bracket is the one that mounts from the cowl to hinge. i wanted a nice clean low minimal look. i like the overall setup. wiring is simple. i dont have any night pics but they are bright. got it as a package from rough country for around $100. not a bad deal.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/page-1224

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal