TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a question I see a lot of talk about 190 foot lbs as a torque spec. I can not find any info to back this up, where is this number coming from?
Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
So I have a question I see a lot of talk about 190 foot lbs as a torque spec. I can not find any info to back this up, where is this number coming from?
The official mopar installation instructions included with the 2” lift and arms. The JL is 190lbs the JK is less.

Ribs33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Can caster be measured on the bottom of the flat spots on the knuckles, just beside the lower ball joints? Are they on the same plane as the circle spots on each side of the center section?

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
The official mopar installation instructions included with the 2” lift and arms. The JL is 190lbs the JK is less.
Hmmm seems excessive

Sponsored

Ribs33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI for those interested about how much caster you get with Mopar lift LCAs on Rubicon suspension, I have 6.3° caster.
Are you at stock height, and did you notice an improvement with the 1/4" longer arms? Thanks in advance.

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Are you at stock height, and did you notice an improvement with the 1/4" longer arms? Thanks in advance.
I went from Sahara suspension with stock arms to Rubicon suspension with longer arms at the same time and I would say that it is a bit better than before. For the price it is a no-brainer decision. The only change I would make if I had to do it over again would be to add .5" spacers in the front to get rid of some of the factory rake, but otherwise I'm happy with the height for my needs.

However, if you're lifting 2"+ over stock Rubicon suspension, I don't see these Mopar arms getting you near 6° caster.

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Did the swap today. Bolts are tight AF. Nevertheless, they do help the steering go back to center noticeably quicker. The steering wheel feels heavier and tighter when turning.

I have a 4 door sport with teraflex spacer leveling kit and Rubicon springs which yield about 2.75 inch lift in front. Never measure the caster before and after, but for $60 I will take the 1 to 2 degree gain.

Side note, I did measured the front axle and it is now 5/8" off center after the lift, which isn't that bad but it's a good idea to push it back since it's a easy replacement. Next upgrade will be an adjustable front track bar.

IMG_20190731_172637.jpg

IMG_20190731_172702.jpg

IMG_20190731_191748.jpg

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a Teraflex trac bar and re-centered the axle. Nice trackbar because you can make adjustments in place.

Sponsored

T76turbo

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Im guessing these arms from the mopar lift will not give me enough movement. I have a JLU Sahara with a 3 inch lift.

So I assume I need adjustable arms to be safe???? If so, I was looking ar rock krawler arms. Anyone have a better suggestion for mostly street and mild flat trails once in a blue moon????? (I live in Florida. No good trails close by)

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Im guessing these arms from the mopar lift will not give me enough movement. I have a JLU Sahara with a 3 inch lift.

So I assume I need adjustable arms to be safe???? If so, I was looking ar rock krawler arms. Anyone have a better suggestion for mostly street and mild flat trails once in a blue moon????? (I live in Florida. No good trails close by)
I had the same thought process. I had 4.0 caster with my stock LCA's. I heard the Mopar lift arms will give you about 1.0 caster more, so i went with TerFlex adjustable arms and had them set it to 5.5. I also read that what's more important with the LCA is the bushing more then the strength of the arms, especially if you're not rock crawling.
I choose TerFlex because of the price. I do have to say is this did not fix my wondering issue tho, so I am still fighting that battle

Ribs33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same thought process. I had 4.0 caster with my stock LCA's. I heard the Mopar lift arms will give you about 1.0 caster more, so i went with TerFlex adjustable arms and had them set it to 5.5. I also read that what's more important with the LCA is the bushing more then the strength of the arms, especially if you're not rock crawling.
I choose TerFlex because of the price. I do have to say is this did not fix my wondering issue tho, so I am still fighting that battle
Did you notice any improvement in the steering at all with the caster gain? I'm in the same boat, stock Rubicon, no lift, but needing to do something about the wandering issue. My caster is at 4.2 with stock LCAs, and I don't know if another 2 degrees of caster will make any difference. I would need adjustable LCAs to gain 2 more degrees and hate to spend the $ if they won't make an improvement.

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Did you notice any improvement in the steering at all with the caster gain? I'm in the same boat, stock Rubicon, no lift, but needing to do something about the wandering issue. My caster is at 4.2 with stock LCAs, and I don't know if another 2 degrees of caster will make any difference. I would need adjustable LCAs to gain 2 more degrees and hate to spend the $ if they won't make an improvement.
So my caster is set to 5.5 and I don't feel a difference. That being said, many people have had success with this fix, unfortunately this did not work for me.....but now I'm now reading I should increase it to over 6.0. I think I need to find a better shop to do the alignment and someone that will work with me to fine tune it.
My opinion is, you should get them, they could very well work for you and they really aren't too expensive in the over-all scheme of things.
I plan on replacing all my front end components when I get the $$.....but that won't be until next year at the earliest

Z06Guy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
V.P. of Sales
I did the upgrade today to an otherwise perfectly stock Rubicon, done in 45 minutes. Mine was build on 6/24/19 and still had short arms. I went from 4 degrees to 6 with the swap, and I must say now it drives perfectly. No more wandering or dead spot in the steering.

20190706_140417.jpg

20190811_100618.jpg

20190811_105639.jpg
Sponsored