Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Kevin,

New axles and springs but why no DuroSpring upper bump stops from Metalcloak? May help the next time you jump in the air?
Sponsored

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
Jesus; 100k Jeep by now, lol.

I think 60/80 split is the smart move. Especially with the Power. You don't see FCA doing 9.25 front and rear on their trucks. I'm sure 60/60 would be fine, but 60/80 is a proven solid choice, especially since you're towing, and you've got gear in the rear. Really smart decision.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Kevin and Brit you guys have an awesome build, love it, now just waiting for those trail run videos

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
My thoughts were the same in related to cost. Conversion wise, you have a G-Wagon. Love my jeeps but damn, that's a lot of coin.

Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
My thoughts were the same in related to cost. Conversion wise, you have a G-Wagon. Love my jeeps but damn, that's a lot of coin.
That's like.... 4million Canadian right?

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
That's like.... 4million Canadian right?
Well maybe. Cost is relevant with currency. I was pricing this out in my head and like hell nah. But these two are youtubers, so it fits with getting viewers. Fine and all but not a regular crawler scenario. Most people have to fight their partner to get anything over a grand.

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Most people have to fight their partner to get anything over a grand.
Ha! I’m trying to talk my wife out tons and 40’s for her soon to arrive Gladiator.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Ha! I’m trying to talk my wife out tons and 40’s for her soon to arrive Gladiator.
I let my wife drive my JLUR one time on the trail. This is what I got every time an obstacle was announced over the trail radio. The radio would say "There are rocks on the left, anyone want to run them?" She would immediate say to me. I WANT TO RUN THEM!!!!!!!!" or the classic thing she said as she was blasting through a mud hole. "Lucky me, I don't wash Jeeps." Then she throttled down and blasted through the mud.

On our way home she was like, WE need something to make it easier to steer in the obstacles. I was like a hydro assist? Yes, she said and started googling them.

pic for proof.

IMG_20190713_131539.jpg

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I let my wife drive my JLUR one time on the trail. This is what I got every time an obstacle was announced over the trail radio. The radio would say "There are rocks on the left, anyone want to run them?" She would immediate say to me. I WANT TO RUN THEM!!!!!!!!" or the classic thing she said as she was blasting through a mud hole. "Lucky me, I don't wash Jeeps." Then she throttled down and blasted through the mud.

On our way home she was like, WE need something to make it easier to steer in the obstacles. I was like a hydro assist? Yes, she said and started googling them.

pic for proof.

IMG_20190713_131539.jpg
Lol, ours wives sound like sisters. My wife has always had her own Jeep, but one time we were on a Jeep trip, and she went muddling in mine (despite my protests). A month or so later, I broke a front axle shaft crawling some rocks. The mess I had to contend with while changing axle shafts was enough to turn mud into a four letter word. The axle tubes were full of mud, the carrier was full of grit and dried mud. Seals were wrecked. 3 cans of brake cleaner and some scraping and shop vac use and it was back to normal.
Sponsored