link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Trying out a dashcam. Wanted one with parking protection. And alerts from thievery and such sent to my phone. Also wanted one that didn’t stick out, as a potential allure for thieves.

So far, the Raven dash cam seems to fit the bill. It is large, but doesn’t look like a GPS or dash cam. Looks to me like it could be part of the vehicle. Has a 4G connection , so can send me alerts, and I can check it anytime. Is a GOS tracker for Jeep as well.

Does a bunch of other stuff that I probably won’t use. Any of your ODB stuff. Diagnostics, different system temps, turn by turn navigation Display is configurable. Videos outside and in cabin. Accessible via cloud. But can also pull full videos from the camera storage itself via USB of SD card if you want.

18.jpg
Just ordered one! :jk:
Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Spent a little time wheeling with Lite Brite.

They are genuine enthusiasts, and exactly like they are on their videos. Super nice, and very approachable. I highly recommend subscribing to them, if you don’t already.

55C0488A-E28F-4E1D-B3A5-8E51730D949A.jpeg

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Mopar hood decal. Definitely needed SOMETHING to break up the hood space.

Rubicon high line fenders. Mastercraft Courser MXT 35's and Vision Creep wheels in bronze. Not beadlocks, but does have a rim protector that can be removed for repainting, etc.

7b.jpg
So this is with no lift? Just the Rubicon fenders?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Any build plans for the wife's Sahara?
Not at the moment. This one will never see a trial unless there's a zombie apocalypse :-D. She does want bigger tires, and maybe a front bumper. However, there may be a build plan as time goes on, lol.

A friend of mine just got a Gladiator Rubicon. We've talked about working out a deal on the factory wheels and tires from it. Would be just the right amount for the Sahara I think.

Sponsored

bturleysc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to say hi and I love your build! I'm originally from WV, so your location got my attention. I moved to Myrtle Beach from AZ about 10 months ago. I also just bought my first Jeep. I'm not planning on any major modifications though. Take care!

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Thank you very much! I was just down there in April at the Jeep Jam. And leaving to go to NMB on Saturday for a week. Parents have a house down there. Spent every summer there since I was little.

If you have time, and want a Jeep meet up when I’m there, let me know! July 6th-14th. Although we have a family event on the 13th.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Seeing the pics of your Jeep was exactly what I needed to see before I place my order for the high top fenders. I have a very similar setup, Rock krawler 2.5 with 35s. Wasn’t sure if it would look bad or not with the high top fenders.

Also, have you had any issues with the seat brackets catching on the compressor? I have the save bracket and the seat has been rubbing the compressor pretty bad.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Didn’t get the OBA done yet. As the mail has yet to deliver the rest of the stuff. So instead, it was time to replace the Rancho disconnects that did not fair well for me. After two months even the pins were rusted. So, out with the “old” and in with the gold. MC gold that is.

1FFF47D6-46B6-4794-81C5-B811BDF20A2C.jpeg
Great build! Love that you’re doing it all yourself! Looks wonderful!

Thank you for the feedback and recommendation on the sway bar disconnect...that’s next on my to do list!

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Did you ever get the drl function to work on the fenders? I get the white lights to come on when I turn the headlights on but can’t get them to work as a drl. I changed my fender lights to led and set them to be the drl with my tuner.
Sponsored