Wherever you are, post your registration fees

ely-bound

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 FJ60, '19 JLUR 3.6 MT
Plate renewal in Minnesota will be very similar in cost to Cali. I'm expecting to pay about $550 for my annual renewal next spring when due.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shenanigans

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I hope you guys are including something other than your Jeep in that property tax...
Nope. Just tax based on home and land value.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I hope you guys are including something other than your Jeep in that property tax...
I think the confusion is because some states use “property tax” regarding the annual taxation/registration fees on vehicles. California doesn’t use that term.

I think my fellow Californians are quoting property taxes on real estate, which is an entirely different rant :) (let’s not even get started on the wonderful surprise of the supplemental property tax :angry:).

But yes, our registration fees are extremely high.

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Just paid $496 for DMV renewal. SoCal. First renewal. Be a year in August.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Maryland - $186 for 2 years.

All of the taxes are collected when you buy it.

Sponsored

Currentg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Here is South Carolina sales tax for vehicles is limited to $500, no matter the vehicle cost. The registration for a standard (not specialized) is $40 dollars but we have to pay county property tax which for my new $38K Sport S was $621.73 for the first year. The good news is that it goes down each successive year.

Currentg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
That is a standard license plate (not specialized) (not specialized plate)

DaveK88

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ7 2018 Wrangler JL Sahara 2016 CTS-VSport
Wisconsin is $75.00 this year, starting next year our lovely state government here just raised it to 165.00 I believe. Sales tax where I currently am is 5.1% don't get me started on property and incomes taxes here. I will soon be out of here.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
In Colo now at all major road construction they put up signs saying the construction is able to happen thanks to your FASTER Vehicle Registration Fees.

Then around me that apparently allowed them to build the Bridge to Nowhere - a HUGE undertaking which couldn't be used because they failed to secure private land agreements BEFORE building. Now the bridge carries an occasional car to the hospital, but it's an optional, unnecessary route.

I think they called it FASTER 'cause that's how they're trying to come up with new ways to add fees - faster everyday

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well I am in California and just got my reminder that my keeps birthday is coming up, aka registration renewal.

$603

Curious to see what yours are.

Here in California, we have crazy high registration fees, high gas prices due to state tax, and the worst roads in the country.
Hold up, not to race to the bottom, but California roads are in much better shape than Michigan roads. Some of our roads look like they have been bombed by the military. I am talking they are so rough that you drive slow in a lifted Jeep on 37s running 26 psi in the tires and still shake the shit out of you. Our roads are so bad, that I stopped riding my motorcycle. There are roads that I refuse to drive on and drive out of my way to avoid them.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Hold up, not to race to the bottom, but California roads are in much better shape than Michigan roads. Some of our roads look like they have been bombed by the military. I am talking they are so rough that you drive slow in a lifted Jeep on 37s running 26 psi in the tires and still shake the shit out of you. Our roads are so bad, that I stopped riding my motorcycle. There are roads that I refuse to drive on and drive out of my way to avoid them.
....Oh we have those roads too! The other night I was coming from dinner with my wife and saw what looked like a large depression in road on her side. I asked if she saw how big that was, she missed it. We turned around and went back to look at it. 3' square 8" deep. What in the hell? this was on a newly paved road! It's as if they just ran out of asphalt in that one spot. two weeks later, still there.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
My property taxes are about $9,000.

Our sales tax is 8.25% which applies to all vehicles. If I buy a new vehicle I pay the sales tax. If I sell it privately or if a dealer resells it, the new buyer still pays 8.25% tax.
In Virginia, we currently pay 4.3% for sales tax when purchasing an auto. Our personal property tax per year is 4.13% of the assessed value. We pay twice a year and I have had mine since January. My yearly total will be $1,132.

Some localities may have additional amounts on top of that.