OP
El_Casiano

El_Casiano

First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sport S (JL Body)
Iā€™m from Brooklyn and live by Coney Island and man someone knifed my tire. I really love my Jeep but I just been having such bad luck. I decided to get a soft to conveniently take it off in the summer but they managed to break into my car twice since I got it and steal all the tools and even the books inside. People are just something else! I leased this car as well so do you guys think Iā€™m going to get penalized for the tools inside the vehicle and manual? If anyone is sell that stuff lmk Iā€™ll buy it. I was going to buy takeoffs but the way my community is set up I might just have to keep spare sport take off. Sorry guys I just had to vent to the community.

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC Yukon XL, 2006 BMW M3
People suck. Sorry this happened to you man. You can buy the little tool kit for about $20 at places like Quadratec. I saw owners manuals for $60 on ebay, which is batshit, but at least they're available.

Sponsored

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Ugh, people suck. They steal stuff so they don't have to work hard to obtain their own, but then force the victim to work harder to replace the stuff. So frustrating. I'd love to find those people and not put them in jail, but instead force them to work 60 hours a week of hard labor.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Iā€™m in NYC too. I have pony up for a parking garage in the city to avoid these problems. Out by Coney are there affordable garages? You might have to suck it up and pay while you have this vehicle leased.

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
People suck. Sorry this happened to you man. You can buy the little tool kit for about $20 at places like Quadratec. I saw owners manuals for $60 on ebay, which is batshit, but at least they're available.
You can get an owners manual shipped to you by FCA. Just hit up the chat online.

There is a thread of people asking for the Factory Service Manual, and getting the Owners Manual.

Sucks for those people who want the FSM, but works out for OP.

FiveMagics

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta (Used to have an ā€˜03 TJ, awaiting opportunity to get a JL)
Sux man, hope your luck turns around. When I parked in an unfamiliar spot, Iā€™d leave my console and glovebox open to show I didnā€™t have anything worth slicing my windows to get in...:facepalm: Donā€™t know why someone would randomly knife a tire though. :punch:

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Iā€™m from Brooklyn and live by Coney Island and man someone knifed my tire. I really love my Jeep but I just been having such bad luck. I decided to get a soft to conveniently take it off in the summer but they managed to break into my car twice since I got it and steal all the tools and even the books inside. People are just something else! I leased this car as well so do you guys think Iā€™m going to get penalized for the tools inside the vehicle and manual? If anyone is sell that stuff lmk Iā€™ll buy it. I was going to buy takeoffs but the way my community is set up I might just have to keep spare sport take off. Sorry guys I just had to vent to the community.
Sorry to hear. I live across the VZ Bridge from you in Staten Island. This is exactly why I have a Hard Top personally. There's too many dirtbags living around here looking for an easy opportunity to break in and steal whatever they want. Soft Tops are a ton of fun, but they are just way too easy to break into for my peace of mind. I have no doubt a good chunk of my fishing gear would've been stolen by now if I ran a a Soft Top since I got my first Wrangler in 2014.

Sponsored

OP
OP
El_Casiano

El_Casiano

First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sport S (JL Body)
Does insurance cover a knifed tire? Unless you pissed someone off I don't understand why anyone would knife a tire. Stealing the toolset, okay fine they're going to sell it for $5 to help get some heroine, I can understand why people do that. The tire slashing makes no sense to me.

Been topless and doorless for the last month here in Denver. My Jeep toolset is strapped to the molle on the back of my passenger seat. At least, as far as I know it's still there. You make me think I should take it out.
Lol believe me when I tell you people from NY are assholes yet Iā€™m from here too but i wouldnā€™t ever do something like this to someone.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
When I was active duty USMC I had a squad mate from the Bronx.

He went home on leave for the first time in his new Acura Type-R and it was stolen.

He went home on leave the 2nd time in his Honda Civic and it was stolen.

Needless to say from then on he either caught a ride with someone on the way up or flew in and has his mum pick him up.

Moral of the story as mentioned by others; People Suck, but it is what it is.

Adapt and overcome is about all you can do. Donā€™t leave anything in it and for the love of everything that is holy, donā€™t lock it. Or alternatively you could move.

I will say this though, I live in an area that has hardly any crime and I never lock mine for that reason, so you really cannot escape it.

Sorry about your luck man but you can change it!

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
When I was active duty USMC I had a squad mate from the Bronx.

He went home on leave for the first time in his new Acura Type-R and it was stolen.

He went home on leave the 2nd time in his Honda Civic and it was stolen.

Needless to say from then on he either caught a ride with someone on the way up or flew in and has his mum pick him up.

Moral of the story as mentioned by others; People Suck, but it is what it is.

Adapt and overcome is about all you can do. Donā€™t leave anything in it and for the love of everything that is holy, donā€™t lock it. Or alternatively you could move.

I will say this though, I live in an area that has hardly any crime and I never lock mine for that reason, so you really cannot escape it.

Sorry about your luck man but you can change it!
I vote for MOVE also:like:

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Dunno why people are destructive. Sorry to hear man. I would leave everything you donā€™t wanna lose out of the vehicle.
Iā€™ve seen monthly garages in the boroughs as low as $200/ month or there are cameras like Owl Cam that provide security monitoring along w regular video recording. It snaps photos/videos and uploads them to the cloud in car of break-ins or accidents. I believe you need to pay for a cell plan to get live monitoring.

Deleted member 29342

When itā€™s time to return your Jeep just tell them you never got tool kit and the owners manual. I just returned my grand Cherokee and it didnā€™t come with a few things the inspector ask for I just told him that it didnā€™t come with it and all was good.
Sponsored