Sponsored

Front wiper fluid sprayer clogged

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
My wifes JLU is almost exactly 1 year old and the drivers side washer fluid sprayer is clogged. The passenger side works fine. First You could only see a drip or two come out, then I hit it with an old toothbrush and now it dribbles out about 3 inches from the nozzle.

Is there an easy way to clean this? I've always used decent quality fluid, (usually Rain X) and never left the cap open for crap to get in there. Its never been off roading or in excessively dusty conditions. I'd rather not pull the hood lining off and troubleshoot section by section as that stuff never goes back on to look like it has never been tampered with. I'm guessing a warranty claim might be seen as ridiculous and rejected, but it's more likely that some debris was left in the system from the factory than the fluid containing contaminants.
Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Maybe a little CLR on a cotton ball? I’m not even sure with taking it apart how to best manage this.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
If your belief is that it was the result of something from the factory, I don't think that makes a warranty claim ridiculous. It's worth taking to the dealer... it should be a fairly quick and easy fix that they may not even need a claim.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Maybe get a sewing needle or small piece of wire and try to unclog it. My dad always had a piece of wire in his tool cabinent just for these things.

Grimace-912

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon and 9 other bikes, trucks, cars :)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Lou is right - I've always used a needle to unclog these. On some cars you can use the needle to also aim the sprayers

Sponsored

OP
OP

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats a good idea about the needle. I also thought I might follow that up with a strong stream of water from a hose. Thanks guys.

OP
OP

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a follow up... My wife took the JLU in for an oil change and tire rotation. While it was there she had them check out the washer fluid sprayer. She mentioned that they said something had broken and they're ordering a new part. I don't have any more specifics than this. The only thing that makes sense to me is that the entire drivers side nozzle assembly is bad since the passenger side is ok and I'm pretty sure they just connect with a "T" splitter.

So it is possible they can go bad. And also be covered under warranty.

OP
OP

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the dealership, PAT McGrath Dodge Country" replaced the drivers side spray nozzle, but never tested it. Initially it looked like neither one was working after the fix, but there was a lack of fluid in the line. Now it works, but the passenger side nozzle has gone bad. Because of this and other past issues with this dealership, I'm going to have to take it to another dealership that I bought my other Jeep from.
Sponsored