Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
When are you going to post the latest addition?

KTDubs

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking at doing something very similar to my JLU Rubicon. I’ve ordered the SteerSmart track bar (but of course it’s back-ordered).
I was considering 37” wheels, but after talking to the guys at 4WP it sounds like the ride is ruined on the JLs when going that large. What they’ve recommended is a Rubicon Express 2.5” lift and 35” tires. I was going to go back to the KO2 because I think they’re pretty great tires, but they told me they’ve been having problems recently since the manufacturing has been moved overseas.

I was going to add spacers so that I can keep the mopar wheels and save a little money. I was specifically looking at the Toyo Open Country A/T II.

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
I’m looking at doing something very similar to my JLU Rubicon. I’ve ordered the SteerSmart track bar (but of course it’s back-ordered).
I was considering 37” wheels, but after talking to the guys at 4WP it sounds like the ride is ruined on the JLs when going that large. What they’ve recommended is a Rubicon Express 2.5” lift and 35” tires. I was going to go back to the KO2 because I think they’re pretty great tires, but they told me they’ve been having problems recently since the manufacturing has been moved overseas.

I was going to add spacers so that I can keep the mopar wheels and save a little money. I was specifically looking at the Toyo Open Country A/T II.
Based on my own personal experience and reading the experiences of others on this forum, I'd say the guys at 4WP are full of shit. 37's do not ruin the JL ride. Mine rides great on 37's.

Rimfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
yeah i gotta chime in here too, 37s are awesome on the JL. my ride is better than stock (3.5" rock krawler, fox shocks, 37s).

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

My advice is to look for a shop that is focused on jeeps or call a company like MC and ask what installers they have in your area. Not that you need to go with them or MC but hopefully they can steer you in the right direction. We install the synergy spacers for stock wheels. Work and look great. 37s ride better than 35s as their is more side wall. Honestly I haven’t seen anything Abington the rubicon express lifts, there are much better options out there

Brett

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
I trailed my TJ with spacers for years, and has an economical, yet still good looking way to upgrade my JLUR, I stuck with the oem wheels and used spidertrax 1.75 spacers with my Mickey Thompson 37's. No regrets as of now. Maybe down the line I'll upgrade to ICON wheels or something similar but for now, my money is going to go towards bumpers and a winch in the future

..and i'll echo everyone else, don't let anyone tell you 37's ruin the ride.

VxPjAFP8Hw5f55e3A8oLPwwvymcb1yX3rjs_EM50XX5z6k3Mv-NXBZ-TSVXzY1orSn5vA_Hq&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg

KTDubs

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Based on my own personal experience and reading the experiences of others on this forum, I'd say the guys at 4WP are full of shit. 37's do not ruin the JL ride. Mine rides great on 37's.
So you get no wobble or anything on the highway?

Sponsored

KTDubs

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I trailed my TJ with spacers for years, and has an economical, yet still good looking way to upgrade my JLUR, I stuck with the oem wheels and used spidertrax 1.75 spacers with my Mickey Thompson 37's. No regrets as of now. Maybe down the line I'll upgrade to ICON wheels or something similar but for now, my money is going to go towards bumpers and a winch in the future

..and i'll echo everyone else, don't let anyone tell you 37's ruin the ride.

VxPjAFP8Hw5f55e3A8oLPwwvymcb1yX3rjs_EM50XX5z6k3Mv-NXBZ-TSVXzY1orSn5vA_Hq&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.jpg
That's good input. And thanks for the picture. It looks great. Now I'm definitely leaning back towards 37's given your experience. And I'm glad you still have the stock wheels too. That's basically exactly what I want to do.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
So you get no wobble or anything on the highway?
None. I had none to begin with and 4k miles later after the lift and 37" still none. Rides great.

KTDubs

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
None. I had none to begin with and 4k miles later after the lift and 37" still none. Rides great.
Well that's good to know. It looks like you have a 2-door? I wonder if the wheelbase affects that at all.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Alright folks, it’s been a while since I posted any updates. I started a new job back in April so I’ve been busier. And I just haven’t done much new work on my Jeep.

I turned over 10,000 miles just a couple of days ago and still running strong without a lot of the problematic issues that a lot of folks are having. Check out post #2 for the updates. Backing/filler plates on the fog light pockets/around the winch. A new Hi-Lift jack mounted behind the roll bar. Some new photos that I forgot to add earlier of the Teraflex geometry correction brackets and spare relocation mount.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Alright folks, it’s been a while since I posted any updates. I started a new job back in April so I’ve been busier. And I just haven’t done much new work on my Jeep.

I turned over 10,000 miles just a couple of days ago and still running strong without a lot of the problematic issues that a lot of folks are having. Check out post #2 for the updates. Backing/filler plates on the fog light pockets/around the winch. A new Hi-Lift jack mounted behind the roll bar. Some new photos that I forgot to add earlier of the Teraflex geometry correction brackets and spare relocation mount.
Looking forward to see it tomorrow!

Brett
Sponsored