Blind Spot Monitoring Unavailable after doors off

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I’ve had my JL for over a year and had my doors off numerous times. All the doors are plugged in (triple checked, unplugged and plugged back in) and it doesn't recognize the doors are back on. Radio doesn’t turn off when I open my doors or anything, plus I get the Blind Spot error mentioned in the title. Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Stuweeks; check the pins in the plugs...one could be bent...seems like I remember somebody else having a similar problem and it was a bent pin. Good luck! :like::jk:

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I wouldn't worry about it. Just look around your surroundings more and enjoy the trip.

Last edited:

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
This is almost certainly it. I had bent pins in my door harness that caused the dome light to not turn on when I opened the door. Dealer fixed it under warranty because I had no idea what was causing the issue. This is my first jeep with electronics in the door

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
I've had similar issue with bent pins in the door connector causing the passenger mirror from being able to work. And this was after my first time taking door on and off. It's crazy that they used such tiny pins susceptible to bending.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I've had similar issue with bent pins in the door connector causing the passenger mirror from being able to work. And this was after my first time taking door on and off. It's crazy that they used such tiny pins susceptible to bending.
Funny you mention that; since my last post in July I have fixed all my door wiring harness related issues except the one you’re describing.

As I mentioned in July the first issue was causing the jeep to not recognize the doors opening (made most obvious by the dome lights not coming on). Took it to the dealer; they explained that it was the door wiring harness. A few months later I got the dreaded ESS disabled error. I straightened the pins myself; error went away. More recently I found that I couldn’t adjust the passenger mirror. Since it is already in the right spot I haven’t bothered to try and fix it.

This makes me miss the days of having no wiring harness between the doors and the jeep. While it’s obvious that jeep should have designed more durable connections, I can’t help but think that no matter how robust they would eventually succumb to years of being connected and disconnected week after week.
Sponsored