Sponsored

Hope nobody's order is delayed (train carrying new Jeeps derails)

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Well, My Firecracker Red Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator Rubicon is supposed to be in Mira Loma, CA on Friday. It should be passing through Nevada today. What are the chances that it's the one playing opossum in this picture?
Mine was also scheduled to be in Mira Loma Friday, but Jeep Customer Service today says it is still in KZ status, supposedly waiting to get on a train. Yet I've seen the printout that shows a "Rail Ship Date" of 6/27 at 5:16:17 PM...so does Jeep Customer Service really know what's going on or where it is? The rep I spoke with, although nice enough, had no idea there was even a train wreck. My dealer is unavailable so can't check with him...I just want to know if I should start searching elsewhere for a "replacement" or place an order for a 2020...(not likely to find a blue fenders and roof with heritage leather...)

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Don't believe this image showed up in the earlier news posts...

JeepDerailment1.jpg

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Well, My Firecracker Red Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator Rubicon is supposed to be in Mira Loma, CA on Friday. It should be passing through Nevada today. What are the chances that it's the one playing opossum in this picture?

jeepgladiator.jpg

That Gladiator ain’t playin’ ‘possum. That Gladiator, he dead.

Looks to me like he done got Maximused.

Sponsored

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Same train my Rubi took to Vegas...

Perhaps the earthquakes damaged the tracks?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Sh*t.... my crew just replaced some 90,000 railroad ties there 2 months ago. We worked from Dry Lake, Nevada all the way to Elgin. It's a LONG drive to get to Elgin from the highway. Funny how I find out about derailments through second hand sites instead of through work.

This is the second derailment in 5 months on this same line. First one was a coal train and some 30+ cars derailed. All were shredded on site and separated into aluminum, iron, and coal piles. I snagged some large chunks of coal for the heck of it.

And in case anyone is wondering, all the vehicles in the derailment will be shredded. No chance of those parts showing up on craigslist.

A side note, almost every day we were there we'd get buzzed by F-15s, F-16s, A-10s, and even some F-22s. It was neat to watch them dog fight overhead too.

First picture is on road 4230 between Carp and Elgin where the derailment occurred. Second picture is an F22 dropping flares. Third picture is of some wild horses at 4am under moon light.

20190319_104136.jpg

20190322_111026(0).jpg

20190422_052401.jpg

Last edited:

Ben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (White)
Train couldn't keep a straight line, must be the steering box issue

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Sh*t.... my crew just replaced some 90,000 railroad ties there 2 months ago. We worked from Dry Lake, Nevada all the way to Elgin. It's a LONG drive to get to Elgin from the highway. Funny how I find out about derailments through second hand sites instead of through work.

This is the second derailment in 5 months on this same line. First one was a coal train and some 30+ cars derailed. All were shredded on site and separated into aluminum, iron, and coal piles. I snagged some large chunks of coal for the heck of it.

And in case anyone is wondering, all the vehicles in the derailment will be shredded. No chance of those parts showing up on craigslist.

A side note, almost every day we were there we'd get buzzed by F-15s, F-16s, A-10s, and even some F-22s. It was neat to watch them dog fight overhead too.

First picture is on road 4230 between Carp and Elgin where the derailment occurred. Second picture is an F22 dropping flares. Third picture is of some wild horses at 4am under moon light.
Aren't you near Rainbow Canyon there? That's where most of the military pilots practice low level terrain masking flying...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Mine was also scheduled to be in Mira Loma Friday, but Jeep Customer Service today says it is still in KZ status, supposedly waiting to get on a train. Yet I've seen the printout that shows a "Rail Ship Date" of 6/27 at 5:16:17 PM...so does Jeep Customer Service really know what's going on or where it is? The rep I spoke with, although nice enough, had no idea there was even a train wreck. My dealer is unavailable so can't check with him...I just want to know if I should start searching elsewhere for a "replacement" or place an order for a 2020...(not likely to find a blue fenders and roof with heritage leather...)
Customer service has no idea. Mine was in KZ status and they finally got an update to me and said that it was scheduled to ship "next week". Later that day I received a call from the dealer saying they just received it... Mine was a buyback and rush shipment on the new one, but still, they should know the order status of each vehicle.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

20190319_104136.jpg

20190322_111026(0).jpg

20190422_052401.jpg
What do you think caused this derailment ? I see the train wheel/ axle assembly , totally separated, cause or effect ?
Will ALL of the vehicles be scrapped, or will they be inspected individually ? Sure seems like a waste to shred them all