First Name
Eddie S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Occupation
Community Health RN
anyone take a close look at your headlights? cool little jeep widget buried there! and 7 slots btw wipers and 7 slots on inside back gate. what a blast!
Sponsored

C7-JL

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 911 GTS, 18 ZR2, 18 JLU Rubicon, 18 Road King Special, 17 Monster 1200R
It seems like the Sirius XM radio is recording your favorite stations. When you scroll through them, it jumps back to the beginning of the current song (if it can). I didn't know this before, and was playing with it on my way to work.

I thought I was just always catching the start of songs!
Anyone else notice that this stopped working recently?

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Someone mentioned this before, but I can't find the post to thank him/her. The front of the Wrangler that shows up on the instrument panel on start-up changes from a JK to a JL. I could tell that something was changing, but didn't figure it out until I read about it here. If you look at the headlight and the change in the grill you can easily see it.
I think that it is older than a JK looks like a military model. .

Sponsored

C7-JL

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 911 GTS, 18 ZR2, 18 JLU Rubicon, 18 Road King Special, 17 Monster 1200R
Mine is still working
Interesting. My JL stopped working about a week ago.

I called U-Connect support and they didn't even know this feature existed!!

I've had my JL for about 14 months now, wondering if this is part of some subscription I am now missing... or if there is an option in the head unit that got toggled off.

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Forgive this post if it's something everyone is already well aware of. Just discovered the setting to have the gauge cluster screen show the gear it's selected in automatic mode, not just the "D" it normally shows on the default setting. Now it shows "D1" or "D3" or "D7" or whatever, just like it does in manual shift mode where it has always shown "M1" or "M3", etc.

Love that change... I like seeing when and why it picks certain gears.

And man, it's nearly impossible to get the transmission to go into D8 in auto mode unless you're coming down a grade for a while while on the highway. Other than that, it just will almost never select 8, which I guess makes sense given how tall that gear is.

Last edited:

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Forgive this post if it's something everyone is already well aware of. Just discovered the setting to have the gauge cluster screen show the gear it's selected, not just the "D" it normally shows on the default setting. Now it shows "D1" or "D3" or "D7" or whatever, just like it does in manual shift mode where it has always shown "M1" or "M3", etc.

And man, it's nearly impossible to get the transmission to go into D8 in auto mode unless you're coming down a grade for a while while on the highway. Other than that, it just will almost never select 8, which I guess makes sense given how tall that gear is.
Yes I like this too I wish I could add it to my 2 year old RAM.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Forgive this post if it's something everyone is already well aware of. Just discovered the setting to have the gauge cluster screen show the gear it's selected in automatic mode, not just the "D" it normally shows on the default setting. Now it shows "D1" or "D3" or "D7" or whatever, just like it does in manual shift mode where it has always shown "M1" or "M3", etc.

Which settings did you go to for that?

Shenanigunz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL

most of us with the 6 speed never get into 6th

Sponsored

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Which settings did you go to for that?
I'm not in the jeep now, so this is from vague memory, but it's in the "Screen Setup" page of the screen in the gauge cluster which you get to from the Up/Down steering wheel buttons on the left side. When on that setup screen, find a choice for setting the displays (where you can customize upper left and upper right corners), and lower down on that menu will be an unchecked box for "gear display" or something like that. turn that on and give it a few seconds and gear will now always display next to the "D".

while you're there, you should customize what you want in each top corner of the screen. I added "distance to empty" to upper right... i see no need for time or temperature if you have 8.4" UConnect as those two things always show on that screen. I love having the range be always visible rather than paging to the dumb "fuel economy" screen".

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
the usb inside the console works as a MP3 player too and so I don't have to worry about some crack head breaking the door window to steal the USB stick at the front panel