Alien Sunshades

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I posted here on Tuesday asking about different sunshades. The Alien rep posted and after seeing what he had I decided to purchase a front shade for our new JL. That was Tuesday

It arrived on Thursday and was on out JL by dinner time. Talk about customer service

All in all the quality is great, the color vibrant and it was extremely easy to put on.

Today we were doing 70 on the highway and I can honestly say that there really isn’t any flapping from it. It is reasonably tight.

Because of this, I’ll surely buy the rear shade when it’s released. These guys were great to deal with!
Sponsored

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
I posted here on Tuesday asking about different sunshades. The Alien rep posted and after seeing what he had I decided to purchase a front shade for our new JL. That was Tuesday

It arrived on Thursday and was on out JL by dinner time. Talk about customer service

All in all the quality is great, the color vibrant and it was extremely easy to put on.

Today we were doing 70 on the highway and I can honestly say that there really isn’t any flapping from it. It is reasonably tight.

Because of this, I’ll surely buy the rear shade when it’s released. These guys were great to deal with!
How is the Alien Sunshield holding up after a year? I'm looking forward to buying one but would like to know the durability of the product. I have a 2019 2 door Wrangler Sport.
Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
karynm8621

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
How is the Alien Sunshield holding up after a year? I'm looking forward to buying one but would like to know the durability of the product. I have a 2019 2 door Wrangler Sport.
Thanks for your help.
So far so good, the front has been on around a year now and the back one about 6 months. There's not really been much stretching of them at all and the bungees seem to be holding up well.

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
So far so good, the front has been on around a year now and the back one about 6 months. There's not really been much stretching of them at all and the bungees seem to be holding up well.
Thank you! Is it hard to reach the Freedom Top latches and remove them with the Sunshield in place?

Sponsored

Shenanigunz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Are they compatible with the factory premium soft top?

OP
OP
karynm8621

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Thank you! Is it hard to reach the Freedom Top latches and remove them with the Sunshield in place?
No there's enough give to grab the latches.

OP
OP
karynm8621

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Are they compatible with the factory premium soft top?
I just leave it on all year so yes, I'm running the factory soft top right now and I've run the hard through the winter. I also have a sunrider for the hardtop that I'll use from late fall to spring and it fits fine with that as well ..

Shenanigunz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
I just leave it on all year so yes, I'm running the factory soft top right now and I've run the hard through the winter. I also have a sunrider for the hardtop that I'll use from late fall to spring and it fits fine with that as well ..
Thanks.
Sponsored