joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
No

No charge??? You must have flashed those beautiful blue eyes at them! LOL!!! I am assuming their role would be to prep the vehicle for delivery... wash it, put gas in it, etc. The same as if you were actually buying the vehicle from them. I figured this would be worth a few hundred bucks.

I wonder if they are doing a modified delivery... no washing, no extra gas beyond the 4 gallons from Jeep, no one to go over the features, options, etc?

So again... you ordered from Criswell, they instructed Jeep to drop ship the vehicle to another dealership close to you and that dealership has no fees to do this? I am hoping to do the same with my 8% under invoice quote. Criswell is 1400 miles from my home. Transport fees range from $800 to $1020 from my 6 quotes.
I didn’t go so couldn’t use my eyes :LOL: but yep, that is correct. What I’m assuming is that Chrysler pays whatever fee to whoever the receiving dealer is and not the dealer you purchased from, hence why on the build order, it shows “sold to” and then “shipped to”. I asked 3 times to the drop ship dealer if there is any charge and they said no, as long as it’s approved by the ordering dealer and Chrysler.
Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
No

No charge??? You must have flashed those beautiful blue eyes at them! LOL!!! I am assuming their role would be to prep the vehicle for delivery... wash it, put gas in it, etc. The same as if you were actually buying the vehicle from them. I figured this would be worth a few hundred bucks.

I wonder if they are doing a modified delivery... no washing, no extra gas beyond the 4 gallons from Jeep, no one to go over the features, options, etc?

So again... you ordered from Criswell, they instructed Jeep to drop ship the vehicle to another dealership close to you and that dealership has no fees to do this? I am hoping to do the same with my 8% under invoice quote. Criswell is 1400 miles from my home. Transport fees range from $800 to $1020 from my 6 quotes.
While I was fortunate to have my dealer do a great job on the delivery inspection, there is enough info on this forum that Joana should be able to perform her own if she takes a list. One advantage she has if she does her own is that some jackwagon that is working a summer gig won't swirl the paint from a dealer wash or take it to the local car wash and run it through. So there is that...

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I didn’t go so couldn’t use my eyes :LOL: but yep, that is correct. What I’m assuming is that Chrysler pays whatever fee to whoever the receiving dealer is and not the dealer you purchased from, hence why on the build order, it shows “sold to” and then “shipped to”. I asked 3 times to the drop ship dealer if there is any charge and they said no, as long as it’s approved by the ordering dealer and Chrysler.
That is great news. Thank you!

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
While I was fortunate to have my dealer do a great job on the delivery inspection, there is enough info on this forum that Joana should be able to perform her own if she takes a list. One advantage she has if she does her own is that some jackwagon that is working a summer gig won't swirl the paint from a dealer wash or take it to the local car wash and run it through. So there is that...
Any recommendations on what things to check for? This vehicle isn't even for me, I'm just doing the leg work. Sounds like a lot of people might be taking delivery's on the 2020's, if anyone has advice for any of us much appreciated

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Any recommendations on what things to check for? This vehicle isn't even for me, I'm just doing the leg work. Sounds like a lot of people might be taking delivery's on the 2020's, if anyone has advice for any of us much appreciated
Here is a good starting point:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-delivery-checklist.3453/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/new-wrangler-delivery-visual-checklist.5886/

As far as I know, the weld issues have been resolved on the 2019's and 2020's, but might be worth a quick glance just to make sure. There is a link to what to look for on that in the second link above.

Sponsored

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
Also, this one I did, which is both deliverables you should receive AND things to check before acceptance: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/interactive-jl-delivery-checklist.32049/

I'll update it for MY2020 once I can get into the configuration tool to make sure I get all the packages correct.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yeah, my sales rep told me that if the delivery dealer is different than the selling dealer it's all good; the delivery dealer gets paid for the PDI and such. Also tag fees and all that is handled by the delivery side so they may make some markup on that too.

Seller gets the credit for unit sold and the markup over true invoice and selling price.

I was originally looking at taking a stock jeep from another dealer but getting it delivered via my local dealer.

Where it can become a problem is if the seller discounted far enough they expect to make it up on the delivery side with inflated tag fees, etc, etc and then they don't want to see the roles split.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
So, when you secure the "Courtesy Drop" dealership, is there any kind of legal agreement that is drawn up where it is indicated on paper? What if the "Courtesy Drop" dealership changes their mind and refuses delivery? Seems unlikely, but I guess a possibility, right?.

Also, as for the financing, I assume that is still handled with the selling dealership, in our case, Criswell?

OP
OP
joanaaso

joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
So, when you secure the "Courtesy Drop" dealership, is there any kind of legal agreement that is drawn up where it is indicated on paper? What if the "Courtesy Drop" dealership changes their mind and refuses delivery? Seems unlikely, but I guess a possibility, right?.

Also, as for the financing, I assume that is still handled with the selling dealership, in our case, Criswell?
Pat told me that when they place the order for the JL, they have to specific where it’s shipping to so that’s where the info will be. I assume Chrysler is going to give the dealer a heads up before they deliver the vehicle and yes, financing thru Criswell.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Pat told me that when they place the order for the JL, they have to specific where it’s shipping to so that’s where the info will be. I assume Chrysler is going to give the dealer a heads up before they deliver the vehicle and yes, financing thru Criswell.
Perfect. Thank you.

Sponsored

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
This is pretty remarkable, first that they'll ship somewhere else and then even more that a dealer here in shadyville south florida would accept it.

Please keep us posted on how this turns out! I drove 1000 miles to pick up my Ram from MD, and am planning on doing the same for a wrangler.

I couldn't do any better than 4% under invoice plus an outragous $1200 dealer fee down here.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
First off, Thank you to all for all the great information and guidance.
Back in January, my JK got stolen :( ended up with a TJ and a Lexus as a daily but now realizing the TJ isn't for me.. and decided to get a JL Rubi.
For the past week, Ive been trying to find the perfect one but the 2 door stingrays seem to be unicorns so decided on ordering one how I want it.
Spoke to Pat at Criswell (thanks for the recommendation after reading a million threads) and he gave me the -8% invoice, no questions asked (Build sheet attached). I don't mind flying and driving for a good deal...but being that Im in Miami, FL, MD seems extremely far... It would be a 16 hour drive back to Miami from the dealer, not counting any stops. No dealer near me has been able to come close to Criswells number. Kendall dodge was the closest but was still $2,500 more OTD than Crisswell. I called Orlando Jeep and the guy literally said hell no we aren't working numbers if you already have an -8% invoice.
Thoughts? Suggestions on what I can do?

Im attaching a pic of my JK just for the fun of it... I miss it.

54E3E4FF-F6B2-4B79-AC98-D798078F40D8.jpeg
Maybe make a adventure out of it. Check out the Auto Train from DC to FL!

https://www.amtrak.com/auto-train

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I hope your deal goes through. My salesperson at Criswell just informed me this morning that they have STOPPED the Courtesy Delivery option that they agreed to yesterday. I can either pick my vehicle up from their dealership whenever it arrives or have a transport company pick it up and deliver to my home or office, but they will not direct Jeep to ship to another dealership. Aghhhhhhhhhh!!!

I have spent hours on the phone this morning trying to locate a dealer for a Courtesy Delivery, which I can't do now.

You know, ordering a new JL feels like a full time job! LOL!!

OP
OP
joanaaso

joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Just got a call a little while ago that the drop ship was cancelled due to too many people calling and asking about it.... :swear::mad::angry: