Sponsored

Took the Freedom Panels off yesterday!

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
It hit 70 yesterday and I got to pop the freedom panels off on my way home from work and cruise around! My youngest son LOVED it and I was livin' my dream! I can't wait for Spring and to be able to take it all off! Waited my whole life for this. I am LOVING this JL!

fGgq9pJMR7CCpXx2E3WwrQ.jpg

ejnm5jD+QBaX1TOFlzXvUw.jpg

IMG_2605.JPG

IMG_2607.JPG
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
These new panels are awesome.

Improvements I noticed yesterday popping one off:

-you only have to move the sun visor down, you don't have to unhook it and move it over to the side like a JK
-no more spinning screws on each side
-SUPER easy to take off. I'm talking 8-10 seconds per side.

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These new panels are awesome.

Improvements I noticed yesterday popping one off:

-you only have to move the sun visor down, you don't have to unhook it and move it over to the side like a JK
-no more spinning screws on each side
-SUPER easy to take off. I'm talking 8-10 seconds per side.
SO easy! Only took me a few minutes to take them off and get them inside the bag- I think I will be even faster next time LOL!

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
SO easy! Only took me a few minutes to take them off and get them inside the bag- I think I will be even faster next time LOL!
The hardest part is getting them in the bag! Taking them off is a breeze. In fairness I haven't tried the bag on the JL. Maybe it's improved over the JK?

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The hardest part is getting them in the bag! Taking them off is a breeze. In fairness I haven't tried the bag on the JL. Maybe it's improved over the JK?
I was thinking the same thing! I had trouble with the ZIPPER! They are pretty easy to get in, didn't have too much trouble but that zipper kept getting caught up on itself! I had actually watched a video about before I did so I had an idea as to what I was getting myself into. Truthfully from start to finish it was about 7 minutes, CRAZY easy, even the bag LOL! I didn't clasp the bag into the back like they say to, just laid it down and it was fine.

Sponsored

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I was thinking the same thing! I had trouble with the ZIPPER! They are pretty easy to get in, didn't have too much trouble but that zipper kept getting caught up on itself! I had actually watched a video about before I did so I had an idea as to what I was getting myself into. Truthfully from start to finish it was about 7 minutes, CRAZY easy, even the bag LOL! I didn't clasp the bag into the back like they say to, just laid it down and it was fine.
I do not like clipping it in either. It blocks the view out of the back.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm assuming you'd only clip them to the backseat if you needed the room. Otherwise I'd lay them flat.

Do they fit flat in the back with the rear seat up? (I'm a previous 2 door owner)

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm assuming you'd only clip them to the backseat if you needed the room. Otherwise I'd lay them flat.

Do they fit flat in the back with the rear seat up? (I'm a previous 2 door owner)
They do, but if you have the Alpine sub you can only lay them in one direction.

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The fit perfectly in the back laying flat! Exact fit actually.

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It hit 70 yesterday and I got to pop the freedom panels off on my way home from work and cruise around! My youngest son LOVED it and I was livin' my dream! I can't wait for Spring and to be able to take it all off! Waited my whole life for this. I am LOVING this JL!

fGgq9pJMR7CCpXx2E3WwrQ.jpg

ejnm5jD+QBaX1TOFlzXvUw.jpg

IMG_2605.JPG

IMG_2607.JPG
Love that you are starting your son young with the Jeep love. :jk::involve: My boys want the doors off year round :cwl:

Sponsored

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love that you are starting your son young with the Jeep love. :jk::involve: My boys want the doors off year round :cwl:
My older son (8 years old) is a little skeptical but this one (5 years old) wants top and doors off, and windshield down! :clap::)

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks like another great day to take the Freedom panels out! High of 70 in Pa today.

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YES IT IS! I have a big afternoon break and I may be taking them off earlier to get more time in the open air! ENJOY IT! 2 days of panels out!
Sponsored