Sponsored

Estes Park Co. area. Favorite Trails??

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Going to Estes Park Co. soon. I was needing to know some easy trails to light/moderate trails. What are you guys/gals favorites, in and around the area??? I will be wheeling in a JLUS S, with Rubi Suspension, and Tires/Rims. So, it isnt Hard Core rock crawler.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Opps, wrong section. Still, need to know what trails y'all like.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look for an app called “All Trails”, works really well. Gives distance, elevation, difficulty rating, reviews, etc.
Thank you. I was mainly wanting recommendations from members who have been on those trails.

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely drive up Old Fall River Road in Rocky Mountain National Park if you haven’t done that before. It’s an easy 10.5 mile one-way drive up a gravel and dirt road leading to the Alpine Visitor Center located near the top of Trail Ridge Road. You’ll experience great views and see wildlife along the way.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely drive up Old Fall River Road in Rocky Mountain National Park if you haven’t done that before. It’s an easy 10.5 mile one-way drive up a gravel and dirt road leading to the Alpine Visitor Center located near the top of Trail Ridge Road. You’ll experience great views and see wildlife along the way.
Make sure it's open. It's been closed a lot.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you are the second I've heard recommend Old Fall River Road. It's #1 on the list, so far.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Switzerland Trail / Sugarloaf Moutain is easy and very scenic. It’s about a half hour south on hwy 72.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
5215D627-82C4-4F36-96B6-4B48EF9B2028.png
Pole Hill Road Trail. It’s on the way into town if you’re on Hwy 36.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. Hopefully there wont be anymore snow.

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
BC46D4D4-3AE7-4252-81CE-9ED4E3E59EE0.jpeg
you are the second I've heard recommend Old Fall River Road. It's #1 on the list, so far.
DaltonGang: Thanks for bringing up this topic for it got my wife to thinking about heading there. In fact, we just got back from our trip to Rocky Mountain National Park, the top of Mt. Evans, Breckenridge, and Aspen last Saturday. In addition to Old Fall River Road, we drove through the Boreas Pass Road outside Breckenridge (another easy trail you should try sometime). We were wanting to drive the Gold Belt Scenic Byway near Canon City (which is a series of easy off-road trails), but didn’t have time. We’ll likely take that adventure next year. Again, thanks for putting the Rockies on our minds!

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BC46D4D4-3AE7-4252-81CE-9ED4E3E59EE0.jpeg

DaltonGang: Thanks for bringing up this topic for it got my wife to thinking about heading there. In fact, we just got back from our trip to Rocky Mountain National Park, the top of Mt. Evans, Breckenridge, and Aspen last Saturday. In addition to Old Fall River Road, we drove through the Boreas Pass Road outside Breckenridge (another easy trail you should try sometime). We were wanting to drive the Gold Belt Scenic Byway near Canon City (which is a series of easy off-road trails), but didn’t have time. We’ll likely take that adventure next year. Again, thanks for putting the Rockies on our minds!
Old Fall River Road was fun, but not challenging, at all. Especially when we saw.Honda Civics do it, without a problem. But we still had fun, and the scenery was great. Plenty of sites to look at, and places to pull over. We wanted to do harder trails, but, being loaded down, with 5 people, the clearance was compromised. We took many back roads, and many high passes, around the.area, but, nothing challenging.
The only stupid thing we did was to drive.to the top of Pikes Peak. Over 14,100 feet high, with some scary as hell drop-offs. The loaded down jeep handled it, like a champ. We passed many broken down cars and trucks, along the way. The altitude didnt effect the performance and feel of the engine, just my nerves.
Sponsored