Sponsored

Horrible gas mileage jl

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
I have no problem getting from one gas station to the next.
Jeep is no worse than my F150, when we go on a trip we take the Corvette it averages 32+.
This weekend we are going to take the Jeep on our annual Florida tour, 4 days, 1800 miles RT, this will be the first real highway only trip, I expect it wont do all that bad.
Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Do you drive like you post?
What is up with this shit? The guy’s screen name is Sherpa1. His first name is Passang. That’s a credible Nepalese name.

His English isn’t superb. Check again for a Nepalese immigrant.

Last I checked, we didn’t have gangs of illegal Nepalese immigrants storming the Statue of Liberty.

What about this man and his post set y’all off?

I don’t get it.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i avg like 17 with mostly city and limited highway. on long trips with crappy 3.45 gearing i run about 18 on the high way with the 33" Mud terrains. on take off rubi suspension.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Just got 22.8mpg on my 600 mile trip to and from Ouray and that includes running the trails where I'm getting like 8mpg. Been getting consistent 19's running 90% city otherwise.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
What is up with this shit? The guy’s screen name is Sherpa1. His first name is Passang. That’s a credible Nepalese name.

His English isn’t superb. Check again for a Nepalese immigrant.

Last I checked, we didn’t have gangs of illegal Nepalese immigrants storming the Statue of Liberty.

What about this man and his post set y’all off?

I don’t get it.
Noticing the name was a very good observation... I skimmed through the post... careless on my part. And my dumb ass is from NY; I should know better.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I get 11-12mpg city driving. I drive about 6 miles a day. My year old rubi has 5k miles. And honestly I don't feel like I really get on it at all but I am bad at keeping it under 2k rpm.

Back when I was moving to Dallas from Austin I drove a lot between them and I was getting around 19-20, maybe 21. I forget.

OP
OP
sherpa1

sherpa1

First Name
passang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jl sport unlimited
thanks for everyone, well i know how i drive this is my second jeep, i miss my JK which gives very good milages i have no issued about gas milages, since i bought new JL make me cry now , i thought that may be way i drive but the dealer also did road test and diagnosis but same problem.
they want me to put stock tires ,so i did still the same i don't know i am still under service appointment with dealer, and they says they will send special technician, i hope will fix my issue.....

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Noticing the name was a very good observation... I skimmed through the post... careless on my part. And my dumb ass is from NY; I should know better.
Is it just crappy gas mileage because of NYC driving? I really don't know. I live in the middle of a corn field. I only have to worry about raccoons, possums, deer and big foot/grass man. (Also, @brazos is right. Sherpas are the work horse of Everest.):like:

Also, doesn't the JL "learn" as the break-in period progresses?

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
thanks for everyone, well i know how i drive this is my second jeep, i miss my JK which gives very good milages i have no issued about gas milages, since i bought new JL make me cry now , i thought that may be way i drive but the dealer also did road test and diagnosis but same problem.
they want me to put stock tires ,so i did still the same i don't know i am still under service appointment with dealer, and they says they will send special technician, i hope will fix my issue.....
Well, at least they are trying to figure it out! It's ok my friend. Sometimes shit just happens. But don't give up until YOU are Happy with your Jeep:like:

Don't worry. If you need assistance with your dealer, i just tagged @JeepCares for you:like: Good luck:)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I just bought a 2018 JLU Sahara. I'm averaging just under 20 and most of my driving is around town. Drove back from Long Island in stop and go a few weeks ago an averaged 21.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I have a JLU Sport S with the 3.6 and 285/70/17 tires. I average about 18 MPG between in NYC and highway. I did a 300 mile trip to Massachusetts last week. I got 23 going there driving about 60 MPH, and got about 15-16 going back driving about 70MPH on average.
Sponsored