JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I'll be doing the same (relatively) for my 2dr and-

RICK12785 your job is very well done/w a little PROFESIONAL LOOK !

JIMBO
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
What I built was simply to cover the back but could be modified by adding a panel behind the seats like the commercial units.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I also wondered if there is a way to tether the seats to the trail rail so they can't be folded down. Or maybe even a tether to the base of the roll bar, so it doesn't interfere with cargo space, since the tether would run close to the cover. I haven't looked at it yet to see if there is a way to do it. I'm just brain storming here. Worst case, add the panel like Rick said.

Sponsored

Jeep Number 8

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hard Top and 2018 BMW 430i Hard top convertible.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. I wound up buying the Backbone and am so glad I did. It's an easy install and definitely the most secure cover. Plus it was on sale for $399 in September. I really love it.

RockinMarine

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL, Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired Marine/ Techician for Disney
I wont say anything about who buys what. That is their own money and choice they make. But 700 for a cover is beyond the definition of insanity. This thing must be made of Titanium to be that expensive.
I do like the DIY project that was posted. It looks professional and was probably pretty. Cheap. I think I will use his design and try to create a better way to mount. But very well done. Thats the best way to do it. Custom, and by your own design. Checkbook cars are not cool.

mtristi37

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering Student
Here’s my finished project.

upload_2018-9-10_23-37-4.jpeg

upload_2018-9-10_23-38-34.jpeg

upload_2018-9-10_23-39-15.jpeg

upload_2018-9-10_23-39-51.jpeg
Any chance you have the measurements or a template you used to do this, I have been researching around for something like this that I want to attempt on my own. would greatly appreciate any info

Lonald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara JLU
Ditto. Any measurements would be a great help!
Or if you can give us the size of each board???

Sponsored

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver

Grimyspyman

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I built this recently. My roll bar gaps are a little large but will help you with general size. Covered in marine vinyl and it’s working and looking great. Used ratchet straps inside to secure seat backs. The factory soft top doesn’t lock when in down position however. Haven’t solved this problem yet.

23F1F524-12F7-43F0-93AB-A8D94C786E80.jpeg

5103004E-F8AA-4A2D-B14F-323F8E116764.jpeg

E44E4840-C2C2-40B1-B62A-351FBDD67139.jpeg

92475C5D-455A-44D2-94D8-9B3ECD317C03.jpeg

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I feel both the Diabolical Slipstream is just a touch overpriced at the end of the day. Even the Tuffy is overpriced. Maybe the market supports it, but that's because there aren't other options. That Slipstream at the end of the day, for what it is, cost as much as the amount I paid for my Ace Engineering bumper: https://aceengineeringandfab.com/co...e-jl-expedition-series-stubby-bumper-bull-bar - Which one of these products is more substantial and which one of them was CNC'd with minimal labor. Since I know a little something about business, the margin on these products is pretty good for the people selling them. Not a judgment on them. Business is business, more power to them.

I was on their site a bunch of times. And almost checked out. If it had been $499 I probably would have bought it. I get why they priced it how they did. They feel it's a better product than the $425 Tuffy. I agree, better thought went into their design. But the problem is, the Tuffy, really isn't worth its price tag by $200 dollar.s

As a consumer, I like the product, but I don't see the value for me, in either. Well, that's my rant. ;) LOL WTF do I know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I have this >>>

c_oc=AQmG8fmm-G6e-VVT-bo0EnyobaCGQW_VQBxfTgm-NpzfJ_3Y0MsHoK07Pj4n386pEpc&_nc_ht=scontent.fboi1-1.jpg

I just need to go about selling it with some. gasket material. Really want to keep the dust-out. I'll add some more photos when I finish the install and final touches I have planned.

ekone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, bone Stock sport
Personally, I feel both the Diabolical Slipstream is just a touch overpriced at the end of the day. Even the Tuffy is overpriced. Maybe the market supports it, but that's because there aren't other options. That Slipstream at the end of the day, for what it is, cost as much as the amount I paid for my Ace Engineering bumper: https://aceengineeringandfab.com/co...e-jl-expedition-series-stubby-bumper-bull-bar - Which one of these products is more substantial and which one of them was CNC'd with minimal labor. Since I know a little something about business, the margin on these products is pretty good for the people selling them. Not a judgment on them. Business is business, more power to them.

I was on their site a bunch of times. And almost checked out. If it had been $499 I probably would have bought it. I get why they priced it how they did. They feel it's a better product than the $425 Tuffy. I agree, better thought went into their design. But the problem is, the Tuffy, really isn't worth its price tag by $200 dollar.s

As a consumer, I like the product, but I don't see the value for me, in either. Well, that's my rant. ;) LOL WTF do I know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I have this >>>

c_oc=AQmG8fmm-G6e-VVT-bo0EnyobaCGQW_VQBxfTgm-NpzfJ_3Y0MsHoK07Pj4n386pEpc&_nc_ht=scontent.fboi1-1.jpg

I just need to go about selling it with some. gasket material. Really want to keep the dust-out. I'll add some more photos when I finish the install and final touches I have planned.
I like your solution, especially since woodworking is also one of my hobbies and that looks totally doable for way less than one of the commercial products.

Fhammadi

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport

So I have this >>>

That looks alot like what jftops are selling, I just contacted the owner Jon, great guy, cant wait to get mine :like:
Sponsored