OP
OP
jaybird doxie

jaybird doxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Doubt you'll find a color match top without the 8.4.

I ordered without it because I really have no use for it. However, now that I'm reading the jeep in the first thing the dealership said was "no Nav?"
Exactly! The salesman was like you don't want Nav? Haha!
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It’s not just the nav, the 8.4” screen is significantly larger than the 7”. It doesn’t sound like it would be, but the 8.4 is more square than rectangular. It’s nearly twice as big.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Wish I had time to special order one, but the wife is getting a little tired of me driving her almost pristine '04 Liberty
I have been holding out for the 2020 model for a few reasons:
1) Hoping they install an improved windshield... perhaps less brittle and stronger
2) A steering system that is tightened up just a bit and less sloppy in the center position (based on NUMEROUS reports here)
3) Hoping to see an "Army Green" exterior color offering
4) And... I would like to see the BSG added to the 3.6 liter V6. This would really help the engine with torque under 1500 rpm, where it needs it the most.

But, I am about to put myself in a little bind with my leased vehicle going back by 07-28-19. Looking at options of renting, leasing or borrowing a vehicle from a friend until my 2020 comes in. This, of course, is based on speculation that the order banks will open up this next week.

I swear, there is more drama and speculation here wondering when FCA is going to release information on the 2020 Jeeps than with the JFK assassination/conspiracy theories and the 2016 Presidential Election/Russian Interference combined!!! Come on Jeep... Tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Mainly to save money, I feel it's unnecessary especially with Apple Carplay. Unfortunately don't have the time to wait on a special order. My last car was totaled due to being rear ended and don't want to the leave the wife without a car.
Hope everyone is ok. :like:

OP
OP
jaybird doxie

jaybird doxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Just go to your local dealer and tell him what you want and they can do a search to see if other dealers in the 200 miles radius have what you like then they can see if they can do a dealer trade. That's how I got my Sahara. I did have them look for Rubicons but I only wanted the body color fenders and soft top and there weren't any. If they can't find you something you like then order one or wait for the 2020 ordering since there may be some new cool limited edition you like more.
That's the plan when I get back
Hope everyone is ok. :like:
Thankfully we were okay. Thank you for your concern :)

Sponsored

depalmz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU - Rubicon (Current) | 2013 JKU Sport S - (Former) | 1989 YJ Sport - (Former)
The 8.4 is incredible! The other day it alerted me to sever weather w/ maps and I was blown away! Worth every penny!!!

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove a Rubicon earlier today that had Nav and it had some really cool features. I actually wouldn't mind having it now.
Actually the 8.4 screen is really nice IMHO. And the system runs better than the SYNC system in my bride's Ford. The navigation system is very good in my Jeep, and I like that "turn to turn" shows in the drivers DIC screen. All in all I'm glad I went with the nav package. Plus you get some other nice features along with the nav for a fairly reasonable price.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I dunno, my Rubi came off the dealer lot w 7" screen. I use Android if I really need it.

I don't thump and I think I'm glad to have the additional space in the cargo area (albeit small) than a subwoofer.

I'm not an audiophile and the stock "basic" stereo in fine by me, even w the SunRider open at 80mph

We used to drive up and down Main a hundred times and "look for parties" and thump......when I was in high school

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
My Rubi has the 7" screen with the Alpine system, noise cancellation, etc.. Really a great sounding system, especially when topless. I don't really miss the nav, since it has the CarPlay and such. What's missing on the 7" radio are the off-road pages and larger screen. Although this 7" is stated as a Uconnect radio, you cannot have the Uconnect app to unlock doors, remote start, etc.. This would be a great feature to have IMO. I know that you can swap out the head unit for a larger 8.4", link it to your VIN #, and gain some of these things, and I might do it eventually, but I am not in a hurry.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
My Rubi has the 7" screen with the Alpine system, noise cancellation, etc.. Really a great sounding system, especially when topless. I don't really miss the nav, since it has the CarPlay and such. What's missing on the 7" radio are the off-road pages and larger screen. Although this 7" is stated as a Uconnect radio, you cannot have the Uconnect app to unlock doors, remote start, etc.. This would be a great feature to have IMO. I know that you can swap out the head unit for a larger 8.4", link it to your VIN #, and gain some of these things, and I might do it eventually, but I am not in a hurry.
The issue with getting the alpine sound system and not getting the 8.4” is that the upgrade is like $200. It’s way more than worth it for that.

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
If you look around you can probably get a pretty good deal with on WITH the 8.4 in it. Sub definitely is worth the price and since you are buying it off the lot you will most likely get it for less than if you custom order it with exactly what you want. If you are really hung-up on a specific build, try cars.com. You can get pretty specific with some of the options and just select Any Distance. You may have to take a road trip to pick up your new ride but many dealers will ship them to your house (for a price)...

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
I've been trying to find a Rubicon without navigation here in my neck of the woods. Basically I'm looking for a Rubicon with a matching color top with or without matching color fenders. Do I need to special order one with no Nav? Any input is greatly appreciated.
I figured it would be really hard to find one in the color I wanted (HellaYella) without the Nav and all the other stuff I didn't want (ok, didn't want to pay for and didn't want to repair a few years down the road). So I special ordered my JLUR and it has been great. With CarPlay (or Android), you've got your choice of Nav aps right on the dash (including Waze), and as a bonus, when I am on the trail, I use satellite view in Google Maps to know when I am approaching lakes, rivers, roads, rocky outcroppings etc. The 7 inch screen is plenty large and bright for my purposes.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't get the alpine system you don't get active noise cancellation. That sold me. But, tbh, I've never been in an JL without it so I have no idea how much it actually helps.

I daily drive on 38s and noticed basically no extra noise from the stock tires. So maybe it's doing something or my tires are just that quiet.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Its one of those things that is much easier to use integrated. Plugging extra stuff in and loading an app seems like too much extra work for not much gain.
Sponsored