ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
We're getting closer to releasing our JL 1350 Driveshaft Package:

- 2.5" Rear and 2.25" Front D.O.M. chromoly tubing.

- Extended Length Slip Yoke/Joint.

- Grade 12.9 hardware.

- Nickel Plated and polished for enhanced surface durability. Exceeds all OE specifications for resistance to the elements.

- Balanced on a custom built 9500rpm balancer.

- Rated for ~1000hp

- Includes both the front and rear driveshafts as a package.

- Made with pride in the U. S. of A.

<Images are attached below.>

JL 1350 Driveshaft - Plated.jpg
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

- Grade 12.9 hardware.

- Nickel Plated and polished for enhanced surface durability. Exceeds all OE specifications for resistance to the elements.

- Rated for ~1000hp

Those are awesome! Whats pricing going to be like?

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
How would you compare these to say the Adams 1350. I'm looking for a set myself and Adams is what is recommended the most and seems to set the benchmark for others to beat.

Last edited:

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Oh, only 1000hp....never mind.

J/K

I'm curious....how is this rating determined?
Do you have a torque rating?

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5

- Grade 12.9 hardware.

- Rated for ~1000hp

I like those a lot but I'd really like to see what's in your long arm coil over kit other than the price. I think you guys make amazing stuff but your website is horrible.

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@ROAM more info please? I think we're all curious how these compare to current products out there, design, uniqueness and testing results. Would love to try these out, but see other options in the market and are well established products out there. Help me/us understand what sets these apart. Very interested - thanks!

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ROAM more info please? I think we're all curious how these compare to current products out there, design, uniqueness and testing results. Would love to try these out, but see other options in the market and are well established products out there. Help me/us understand what sets these apart. Very interested - thanks!
After you posted that, I went to look at their site at a few things I'm interested in. You're right...the site lacks. I don't think they're ready for prime time yet. No way would I buy an $6k suspension system from a company that has no real credibility and offers no real information on their product. I'll be sticking with EVO.

OP
OP
ROAM

ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
How would you compare these to say the Adams 1350. I'm looking for a set myself and Adams is what is recommended the most and seems to set the benchmark for others to beat.
Adam's makes a great driveshaft package and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with going with a set of driveshafts from them. Their driveshafts to the best of my understanding are also built to a very high standard and are also balanced correctly (like us they also an ultra high speed balancer). They also have taken the time to create a JL specific driveshaft with an extended length slip joint section to account for the increased suspension articulation of the JL instead of just recycling a JK driveshaft.

Oh, only 1000hp....never mind.

J/K

I'm curious....how is this rating determined?
Do you have a torque rating?
It is actually a torque rating, but industry norms usually quote hp instead which in my opinion is not as accurate.

Our driveshafts are rated for a minimum of 1000 ft-lbs of torque sustained with a safety margin of 5X (5x the sustained torque during impulse torque) and at 1000 ft-lbs of torque during an RPM cycle test to induce "whip" the driveshaft can not distort beyond spec for elongation, torsional distortion, lateral, or transversive flex.

This sounds pretty complicated but in reality with a wall thickness of 2.5mm to 3mm (we use a section of variable wall tubing, with 2.5mm at the thinnest part) in a 2.5" tube (with optional 3" tubing) there really shouldn't be any detectable flex at all especially not any "whip".

The 1000hp rating is more of a marketing term and not an exact rating. But yes, our driveshafts should be good for >1000hp anytime, unless you're making more than 1000ft-lbs of torque, of which case, then please buy something else. In which case then we'd recommend you to special order something from "The Driveshaft Shop" instead.

I like those a lot but I'd really like to see what's in your long arm coil over kit other than the price. I think you guys make amazing stuff but your website is horrible.
We should have another website update right after EJS. Our driveshafts are actually specifically designed to complement our own JL Long Arm kits and our own JL Coilover kits. Both our JL Long Arm Kit and our JL Coilover kit (the 0-4" lift version) do not require the use of bump stop extensions. For example, on our JL 0-4" Coilover kit and on our bypass shocks, the overall available travel is increased by ~4". Our shocks and coilovers have the travel length to not only increase the overall travel by 4" but also a super short compression height so we don't require you to install bump stop extensions: you're not losing any negative travel and there is now just simply more travel altogether so instead of just lifting the vehicle. To clarify, you're actually gaining the same amount of travel as you are lift.

Because we increased the overall amount of suspension travel, this required us to develop our own driveshaft which also has an increased articulation range (via a longer slip joint section).

I'll be sticking with EVO.
No worries, Mel Wade @ EVO makes really good stuff as well. You almost can't go wrong with their stuff.

We didn't build this driveshaft package just so we could start selling driveshafts btw. We had to design and build our own driveshafts because there was nothing on the market that really accounted for the increased suspension articulation that our own JL Bypass Shocks and our own JL Coilovers kit provided besides maybe Adam's.

We didn't want to tie the sale of every suspension kit we sold to a 3rd party driveshaft vendor.

ROAM JL LCG Long Arm suspension system 01.jpg

ROAM JL LCG Long Arm suspension system 02.jpg

Those are awesome! Whats pricing going to be like?
Intro pricing of $999 (front and rear driveshaft package) when purchased with one of our Coilover Kits or a set of our Bypass Shocks. $1099 intro pricing otherwise (package includes both the front and rear driveshafts, not sold separately). We'll announce more details when we're closer to general availability.

Thanks!

Tara @ ROAM

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great reply and thanks for the answers - and good job rolling with the punches. ;) Hopefully you'll be able to include that level (or more?) in your new website.

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
Those drive shafts look top notch! And that balancing even looks offset to be exact! Looks on point!

Sponsored

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
hope to see these soon!

DrowningTurtle

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Army
I’m always so interested in yalls products, but the fact that I’ve waited almost 8 months for a rear bumper to be in stock is a huge severe turn off.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’m always so interested in yalls products, but the fact that I’ve waited almost 8 months for a rear bumper to be in stock is a huge severe turn off.
Hahaha! I know what you’re talking about but after seeing the bumpers in person I can assure you they will be worth the wait. We got on the list around nov I think. From what I’ve been told they should start shipping within a month or soon after

Brett

DrowningTurtle

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Army
Hahaha! I know what you’re talking about but after seeing the bumpers in person I can assure you they will be worth the wait. We got on the list around nov I think. From what I’ve been told they should start shipping within a month or soon after

Brett
I’ve been told end of feb, March, April after EJS, and May. They may be nice man, but when I keep seeing new parts come out, but nothing in stock on the site, it’s rather irritating. I’m super interested in there long arm and Coilover setup, but if I have to wait 8 months for a rear bumper, god knows how long I would need to wait for something like that.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’ve been told end of feb, March, April after EJS, and May. They may be nice man, but when I keep seeing new parts come out, but nothing in stock on the site, it’s rather irritating. I’m super interested in there long arm and Coilover setup, but if I have to wait 8 months for a rear bumper, god knows how long I would need to wait for something like that.
Well we are in the same boat on both accounts. I inquired about the coil overs after seeing TTE Chris’s in Moab. If I can get a date, I’ll let you know. I’d love to run their lift too. They really have well thought out and executed designs but seem to still be working on fine tuning the production and delivery.

However, I’m still going to be waiting as I think they have the best designs and ultimately the wait is worth it.

Brett
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.