Sponsored

How’s your ride on 37s?

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
Mine has 37s. No need for a regear with the 410s and the turbo. Mine is a flat out beast. It runs in 8th all the time. My V6 JLUR ran great but rarely went into 8th. The turbo just runs circles around my 6. I have the mopar lift and I am really impressed with the ride. Tires at about 29 psi. Mileage is really dependent on speed.

I’m on my way to Kalispell MT and the first tank I got 17, second 19 and this last one 16. Running 70mph 1 and 2 and about 83-85 on the third tank. I don’t even know I have 37s on it. The power is effortless.
I will agree with this tranny and the 2.0 turbo I can not tell a power difference between the stock 33s and the 37s
Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
37’ Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 2” RE spacer lift running 28psi. Rides great with stock springs. 2018 JLUR

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Void my warranty on what?
The tire!

If you have a blowout and Nitto finds out that you are running 7.5" width rims, when they clearly state in their literature that the "approved rim width for that tire is 8.5" - 11.0", I think they are going to look at you and the potential jury and say "that tire was mounted improperly and the fact that the blowout caused your Jeep to lose control, flip over, and thus kill your passenger, while we are very sorry for your loss, we are not responsible because your warranty was voided due to the fact that, as we stated, the tire was mounted improperly." Sorry... I work with a lot of attorneys in my profession and I always try to imagine the worse scenario.

Hey... I love the factory Rubicon wheels/rims. When I get my 2020 and change out the tires, I would like to keep the original wheels as well. I am just asking the question..."can we... safely?". According to the manufacturers literature out there, 7.5" width rims are NOT approved for 37" tires. It doesn't mean that you can't mount them and air them up and drive them, but if the 7.5" width is putting excessive side wall strain on the tire due to the narrow width of the rim and it causes the tire to fail prematurely, you have voided the warranty on the tire and have relieved Nitto from any responsibility. You know as well as I do that the tire manufacturer will put their money on that fact.

This could potentially even relieve your auto insurer's responsibility as well because even they may conclude that running an unsafe wheels/tire combination on your Jeep caused the accident, which puts 100% of the responsibility on you. Hey... it's a fu*ked up litigious world out there . I hate it. It sucks. But, that's where we are today.

My friend... I am just asking the question and seeking the truth and wanting my Jeep to be safe. I'm sure you feel the same.

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
The tire!

If you have a blowout and Nitto finds out that you are running 7.5" width rims, when they clearly state in their literature that the "approved rim width for that tire is 8.5" - 11.0", I think they are going to look at you and the potential jury and say "that tire was mounted improperly and the fact that the blowout caused your Jeep to lose control, flip over, and thus kill your passenger, while we are very sorry for your loss, we are not responsible because your warranty was voided due to the fact that, as we stated, the tire was mounted improperly." Sorry... I work with a lot of attorneys in my profession and I always try to imagine the worse scenario.

Hey... I love the factory Rubicon wheels/rims. When I get my 2020 and change out the tires, I would like to keep the original wheels as well. I am just asking the question..."can we... safely?". According to the manufacturers literature out there, 7.5" width rims are NOT approved for 37" tires. It doesn't mean that you can't mount them and air them up and drive them, but if the 7.5" width is putting excessive side wall strain on the tire due to the narrow width of the rim and it causes the tire to fail prematurely, you have voided the warranty on the tire and have relieved Nitto from any responsibility. You know as well as I do that the tire manufacturer will put their money on that fact.

This could potentially even relieve your auto insurer's responsibility as well because even they may conclude that running an unsafe wheels/tire combination on your Jeep caused the accident, which puts 100% of the responsibility on you. Hey... it's a fu*ked up litigious world out there . I hate it. It sucks. But, that's where we are today.

My friend... I am just asking the question and seeking the truth and wanting my Jeep to be safe. I'm sure you feel the same.
Not real concerned. If I felt as you do I would never leave the house lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burt

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks everyone, I’m convinced now that 37’s are the way to go. I bottom out every time I go off road, with a 3.5” lift and 37s that should be a rare occurrence.

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
I will add I havent offroaded and dont really plan to do any extreme crawling

Rockywoolf

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon
37 BFG KM3. 5.13s 3.6 manual. Could not be happier. DO NOT USE FLASH CAL to try and configure anything as it WILL confuse the main system and you WILL have to have the dealership reset it. Dealer ship said the only ones they use is AEV’s product to configure 5.13s. Have not done it yet. Speedo is 3 mph off with no setting change. Love the power. Seems to run overly hot, even before the 37s and gears. Regularly see 220+. Any comments on that? Sometimes I’ll see 230 which is driving me nuts. Dealer told me not to worry about it

DzrtShrk

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Planning on 37’s, with a 3.5 lift with 513 gears and a 8.5 wheel. I know the specific lift and tire make a difference, but wondering how happy or sad everyone is with there setup with 37s? Ride? Mileage?

Mine’s the 2.0 and not a daily driver, only road miles are to the hi way to get to the trails.

Thanks guys
I am running 37x12.5x20R ProComp MTs I love the ride... but I am only averaging 11.4 mpg. I am in Palm Desert CA and have a set of (5) 37x13.5x20R IronMan MTs that only have 480 miles on them for $150.00 ea.

20190326_113837.jpg

Sponsored

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has 37s. No need for a regear with the 410s and the turbo. Mine is a flat out beast. It runs in 8th all the time. My V6 JLUR ran great but rarely went into 8th. The turbo just runs circles around my 6. I have the mopar lift and I am really impressed with the ride. Tires at about 29 psi. Mileage is really dependent on speed.

I’m on my way to Kalispell MT and the first tank I got 17, second 19 and this last one 16. Running 70mph 1 and 2 and about 83-85 on the third tank. I don’t even know I have 37s on it. The power is effortless.
I will agree with this tranny and the 2.0 turbo I can not tell a power difference between the stock 33s and the 37s
THE TURBO IS AMAZEBALLS! Legit, unbelievable. I have put 37's on other vehicles and felt the power drain and sluggishness. I was expecting that with the 37's.

Put the 37's on, and all I really noticed was increased rolling resistance. If there is a power loss, it's very minimal.

I think you're going to be surprised with the 2.0T and the 37's. I most def was.

Fantastic combination. Truly.

I'm running Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's and I'm getting 18.1mpg now. Comparatively, I was averaging 20~21 on the stock wheels before lift.

DrowningTurtle

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Army
37 BFG KM3. 5.13s 3.6 manual. Could not be happier. DO NOT USE FLASH CAL to try and configure anything as it WILL confuse the main system and you WILL have to have the dealership reset it. Dealer ship said the only ones they use is AEV’s product to configure 5.13s. Have not done it yet. Speedo is 3 mph off with no setting change. Love the power. Seems to run overly hot, even before the 37s and gears. Regularly see 220+. Any comments on that? Sometimes I’ll see 230 which is driving me nuts. Dealer told me not to worry about it
Mine runs at 201 in 106 degree heat in El Paso.

I configured my speedo and everything using a tazer JL. Worked fine for me. Didn’t confuse anything. Just had to do a PCM reset and it worked great.

Jhauck21

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Anybody else other than DzrrShrk wrapped on 20s? This is the setup I’d like to go with on my JLUS 2.0, but with 11mpg I’ll consider staying with 17s.

OP
OP
Burt

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
THE TURBO IS AMAZEBALLS! Legit, unbelievable. I have put 37's on other vehicles and felt the power drain and sluggishness. I was expecting that with the 37's.

Put the 37's on, and all I really noticed was increased rolling resistance. If there is a power loss, it's very minimal.

I think you're going to be surprised with the 2.0T and the 37's. I most def was.

Fantastic combination. Truly.

I'm running Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's and I'm getting 18.1mpg now. Comparatively, I was averaging 20~21 on the stock wheels before lift.

Great,, glad to hear that, hopefully adding the 513 gears will help the mpg s a bit

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Thanks everyone, I’m convinced now that 37’s are the way to go. I bottom out every time I go off road, with a 3.5” lift and 37s that should be a rare occurrence.
I would still add an engine skid minimum even with that set up, Transmission lines are in a very venerable spot. Had a rock tilt on me and smack the engine skid this past weekend was happy I had protection.

Rides Great. 37's @31 PSI on stock wheels 4.10 gears with the V6 auto I DD mine and average 19.5 according to the computer commute is about 50/50
IMG_20190615_095021932.jpg
Sponsored