Sponsored

Why no Jeep wave down in the Florida Keys?

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
My buds wife used their daughters JK 4 door while her car was in the shop. Her daughter said dont forget the "jeep wave". Her mom said what's a jeep wave? It was explained and she said "I'm not doing that to every jeep I see!!". The daughter was pissed! lol

After telling me the story they asked if I do it to every jeep. I answered yes out of habit, but I never look to see if I get a wave back. I really dont care honestly. I get why many dont do it. There are so many out there now it's one big stadium wave after even a short jaunt.
That's funny, I was just going to say around my area there are a lot of Jeeps driven by young girls that were bought for them by Daddy. They have no idea about the "wave". :)

Your buds daughter renews my faith that the 'wave' may just live on through the younger generations.
Sponsored

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
I barely get wave back in NYC. I did notice however if you give the finger you get more of a response.
I'm originally from NJ so I agree the one fingered salute is highly effective in the Tri-state area. Guaranteed to get a reaction from that!

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Dang, nothing worse than fake Jeeper's! :)
No such thing as a fake Jeepers!
I'd like to suggest that these people took the opportunity to realize a dream they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Jeeps are expensive to own and not every family can afford one. But by renting they can have the jeep experience at least for a little while. Some may even end up buying one in the future.
Let's not get all uppity.

Sponsored

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
I'd like to suggest that these people took the opportunity to realize a dream they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Jeeps are expensive to own and not every family can afford one. But by renting they can have the jeep experience at least for a little while. Some may even end up buying one in the future.
oh dear... I guess the smiley face was not carried over as having a little fun....

;)

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
"Can't Afford one" That makes no sense what so ever. If you can't afford to buy a jeep and that's the reason for not owning one, then how can you afford to fly down to the keys for a vacation and rent a jeep? Every car is expensive to own and you can buy a Sport for just as much as many other cars on the market. People who live paycheck to paycheck do not fly out on vacation and rent cars. It's not about every family being able to afford one, not every family wants to own one.

Last edited:

AncientCityJL

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR and 2022 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
amateur tattoo artist and semi-professional race car driver
Hey, Mike, it's not just the Keys. Florida in general has given up on the wave.

This guy get's it:

1, Rental
2, old and didn't see you ( scary)
3, Douche Canoes
4, Yuppies
Take your Pick
I live in St Augustine and waves are the exception - not the rule. Even when I drive around up in Jax.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Back when the wave was easy, you blu saw a Jeep rarely, so on a typical drive one or two was it. Now they’ve gone mainstream and sometimes it seems like every fourth or fifth vehicle you see is a Jeep- makes it hard to wave at them all😏

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

For what it's worth, most wave around here. 90% of the guys, 50% of the women. I've decided to let the women wave first... I hate rejection.
Sponsored