Ok to put on 35s and a 2.5 spacer lift?

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
There are two important things about wheel spacers - Must be hub centric (they slip right over the hub protrusion and are thereby completely centered) - MADE IN AMERICA, don't buy the Chinese crap off of ebay. Synergy meets both of these requirements. Again, talk to John he will help you out on the spacer stuff.
2" would be fine but I think the standard is around the 1-3/4" mark.
You can do a Rough Country 2.5" spacer lift for under $200. It will add 2.5" in the front and 2" in the rear, that way you will remove the rake out of the front of your Jeep and give it a proper stance.
All models have the same tailgate and hinges which means they all can safely hold the 33" Rubi rim/tire. When moving up to a 35 or more I would recommend a hinge reinforcement kit.
Initially we did buy a Rubi take off suspension but the Mrs. decided she wanted to go higher so I never put it on and sold it for $140 after paying $299...SMH. A Sahara will only pick up around 3/4" of lift from a Rubi suspension where a Sport could see a little over an inch. Plenty of people have done it, it all depends on what you are looking for.
We off road as much and hard as we can so we had immediate regrets about not buying the Rubi. We had no idea how much we would get into off roading until we started. We got into it so much that it spawned me buying a '04 LJ so we could off road together. That being said we are simply going to build the Sahara to handle more off road.
Next will be chromoly rear axle shafts so we can safely go to 35" tires and we will also eventually put a rear locker in. The Mrs. thinks she wants to go to 37s but that's a whole other ball game because then I need to re-gear the axles and that alone will run around $2k.
Hi, and thanks for all the help and details :)
I did look at the Rubi suspension option, but as I wouldn’t be sure about how much of a lift I would eventually get, for a similar cost I might just go with a spacer lift, found a local store (here in Ottawa, Canada) that sells it for the equivalent $167 + ~$250 install which seems decent
I’ll probably get spacers too, but ordering from the US is a pain here with the duties + taxes, but I’m going to Long Island, NY in 2 weeks to visit my cousin, so I might just get them delivered there :)
Btw, I think your wife wants you to trade your Sahara in for a Rubi lol
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, and thanks for all the help and details :)
I did look at the Rubi suspension option, but as I wouldn’t be sure about how much of a lift I would eventually get, for a similar cost I might just go with a spacer lift, found a local store (here in Ottawa, Canada) that sells it for the equivalent $167 + ~$250 install which seems decent
I’ll probably get spacers too, but ordering from the US is a pain here with the duties + taxes, but I’m going to Long Island, NY in 2 weeks to visit my cousin, so I might just get them delivered there :)
Btw, I think your wife wants you to trade your Sahara in for a Rubi lol
Oh trust me we thought about trading in but there is no way I will go upside down thousands of dollars for something we get to only do 5-10% of the time (as much as we would like to do it more :) )

$250 install is a very fair price. Get it shipped to your cousin!

Mark7411

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I've been running the EVO 2.5" spacer lift with relocation brackets and 315/70/17 KO2's on stock Rubi wheels for the last 15k miles. I had the dealer recalibrate to 34.5" tires and the speedo is damn near perfect, maybe 1/4mph off at 70mph. I think I slightly rub my front swar bar links (only evidenced by the marks I see) at full lock but I can't even tell. Otherwise I love the setup and it's great. I putt around CO and Ouray trails just fine although most wouldn't be considered hardcore or most of the time even rock crawling. I will ditch the shock relocation brackets and go with longer aftermarket shocks when the stock ones where out.

I'm currently getting 19.8 mpg 90% city.

bumper2.png

jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg
I get many different answers on this. I want to go with 315/70/17 and keep the stock JL Sport Rims (the black ones), but I’m being told spacer are required cause of backspaceing. The tire width is 12.70 a little wider than most. I just would rather skip the spacers in not necessary.

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
I have a 2.5-inch spacer lift on my 2dr JL with 35-inch tires my rims are 17x9 with 4.5 backspacing. I haven't had any issues of rubbing on or off-road. I have the stock 3.45 gears and it doesn't seam to drive much different than with stock tires I still have plenty of power and I'm averaging 21 mpg. My Jeep is a 6spd manual. I'm planning on upgrading to Rubicon axles. I'm also going to put a 3.5-inch spring lift on. I put the spacer lift on temporary so I could run my 35's and have had no issues. I also calibrated my speedometer with a tazer JL tuner it was about 5 mph slow at 65 mph.
What is the brand of spacer you have and how much and where did you buy it?
I AM PLANNING TO PUT 35X12.50 / 17X9 / TIRES
ALSO WHEEL 17X9 / - 12MM OFFSET
IS THIS SET UP OK NO RUBBING AND NOT GONNA BRAKE ANYTHING IN MY JEEP?
GOT A 2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS 4 DOORS JL

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Yeah you'll be fine. I have an Rough Country I'll sell you for $100 shipped. I had it on about 6 months.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have the RC too. It's basic, literally a steel puck on top of the spring and then also shock extenders. We ditched those and went with full length Rancho shocks.

If you are going to wheel hard off road with those 35s you may want to consider upgrading the axle shafts if you have D35 (M200) and D30 (M186) axles. That is per Dana's recommendation.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running the EVO 2.5" spacer lift with relocation brackets for almost 20k miles. No issues here and it rides pretty much stock. I'll eventually ditch the shock extensions in favor of longer shocks.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I get many different answers on this. I want to go with 315/70/17 and keep the stock JL Sport Rims (the black ones), but I’m being told spacer are required cause of backspaceing. The tire width is 12.70 a little wider than most. I just would rather skip the spacers in not necessary.
I've been running them without spacers and it's been okay. You can always try it out then add spacers after if needed. I think my KO2 315/70/17's are 12.4" wide so keep that in mind if yours are 12.70.
Sponsored