IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, gearing up for a trip to WV and need to bring three poles. They are all two piece but I don't want them in with the luggage. I'm thinking I'd like to get a mount that I can attach to my hitch mounted cargo carrier or some other place in the rear. I've seen older Jeeps with rods mounted in the front but I've never really understood the practicality of that aside from not interfering with the rear gate.

I'm thinking of getting this and mounting it to the basket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKPHY7X/

but I'm open to other suggestions.

If you've mounted rods to your JL, share pics!
Sponsored

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, gearing up for a trip to WV and need to bring three poles. They are all two piece but I don't want them in with the luggage. I'm thinking I'd like to get a mount that I can attach to my hitch mounted cargo carrier or some other place in the rear. I've seen older Jeeps with rods mounted in the front but I've never really understood the practicality of that aside from not interfering with the rear gate.

I'm thinking of getting this and mounting it to the basket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKPHY7X/

but I'm open to other suggestions.

If you've mounted rods to your JL, share pics!
I have the same question. Are you wanting to transport them assembled? I've been considering a River Quiver for this purpose, but it's a bit pricey. I did discover that I can put the butt end of my rod on the dashboard above the glovebox and rest the rod on the rear seatback where the tip tucks nicely into the left rear corner of the Jeep. This is fine for daytrips and short drives, but not with a loaded vehicle. Oh, and this is a 9' flyrod.

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I've done the rest it on the dash and seats for shorter trips but for my yearly fishing trip to Canada I use a rod tube with the reels off. Three rods will easily fit in a small tube and bungee nicely to the roof rack.

OP
OP
IndustrialAction

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
No roof rack and I would prefer to transport them assembled on the outside so they're not taking up any space and are ready to fish when we get there. If I'm ready to go, there's less opportunity for the wife or kids to sabotage my fishing time haha

Sponsored

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase