Sponsored

Mopar Hardtop Headliner coming detached. Better Adhesive?

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My Factory installed Mopar Hardtop Headliner, has piece, over the back window of the hardtop, that keep coming unattached. It’s actually the adhesive that is not sticking to the headliner piece. I know it would be covered by the warranty, since my JLUR is all of 1 month old, but I don’t really want to hassle with that. Any thoughts on what to use to insure the velcro pieces stay attached to the headliner?
Sponsored

JJB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear it. I'm also afraid to go inspect mine now too.

My passenger side freedom panel headliner was starting to droop a few months ago and I bought some industrial strength Velcro circles from Lowe's. The one I used to fix it is still doing its job.

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My Factory installed Mopar Hardtop Headliner, has piece, over the back window of the hardtop, that keep coming unattached. It’s actually the adhesive that is not sticking to the headliner piece. I know it would be covered by the warranty, since my JLUR is all of 1 month old, but I don’t really want to hassle with that. Any thoughts on what to use to insure the velcro pieces stay attached to the headliner?
maybe if the dealer is cool around you they will help ya out. however if not you can find adhesive prep AND promoter to use on the hardtop, and then any 3m double sided tape SHOULDNT be an issue with prepping it and then re applying it. I would try and keep it out of direct sun while applied and while it settles. maybe even tape along the edges while it settles.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
My passenger side panel above cargo area just drooped yesterday after I took my Sunrider-hardtop off for a spin the first time.