Occupation
IT Director

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
The Tuffy one is my favorite, because it can easily be removed by hand in seconds for when you have to fold the seats down.
I like this one.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
The Tuffy one is my favorite, because it can easily be removed by hand in seconds for when you have to fold the seats down.
Maybe im missing something but how would this secure anything with your doors and top off? Wouldn't the unlock button in the jeep unlock the back and then therefore give access to anything in there?

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
Maybe im missing something but how would this secure anything with your doors and top off? Wouldn't the unlock button in the jeep unlock the back and then therefore give access to anything in there?
What unlock button are you hitting if the doors aren’t on?

Sponsored

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
The only way to unlock the rear gate is with the remote. After locking the doors with the remote, 30 seconds later and the unlock button on the doors will not unlock the tailgate

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
I think too if you unlock the doors (windows down) from the inside - after you lock them with the remote - then open them, the horn starts honking.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
The lid on the little trunk in back is secured by the tail gate, so you can lock a few things in there and feel safe.

25011383_390452141384936_3068514164579237888_n.jpg

The lid flops down and the tailgate traps it...

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The lid on the little trunk in back is secured by the tail gate, so you can lock a few things in there and feel safe.
I had heard this too and I am looking forward to testing it out. 7 years in a soft-top YJ living in a big city taught me how to avoid keeping valuables in a car. I still rarely lock my doors. But I do need a place to keep my laptop sometimes that is snatch-proof. I don't live in a big city anymore so it doesn't have to be as strong.

Within weeks of having my YJ both my glovebox and center console lids were completely ripped of after I made the mistake of locking them.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I had heard this too and I am looking forward to testing it out. 7 years in a soft-top YJ living in a big city taught me how to avoid keeping valuables in a car. I still rarely lock my doors. But I do need a place to keep my laptop sometimes that is snatch-proof. I don't live in a big city anymore so it doesn't have to be as strong.

Within weeks of having my YJ both my glovebox and center console lids were completely ripped of after I made the mistake of locking them.
Ugh

Sponsored

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer

I recall my first time I locked the factory center console in my YJ and going to class in Philly. Ahh, the memories of your first stolen CDs - something kids today will never enjoy...

Best part is that any Jeep key unlocked the glovebox for the YJ.

OP
OP
PavementWarrior

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I recall my first time I locked the factory center console in my YJ and going to class in Philly. Ahh, the memories of your first stolen CDs - something kids today will never enjoy...

Best part is that any Jeep key unlocked the glovebox for the YJ.
Or having all your tapes stolen! dont miss those little briefcases to store all that in.

Speaking of which, looks like not getting the alpine is a good idea that damn speaking in middle of floor is annoying as all hell. Looks like removing the back seat all together, and getting a big rubber liner that allows access to the lil storage area is winner.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase

25011383_390452141384936_3068514164579237888_n.jpg

The lid flops down and the tailgate traps it...
I guess this isn't available on the 2dr with Alpine. The Sub fits in there. :(

At least it keeps someone from stealing the Subwoofer.

Kysport

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
My JL on order will come with 2 key Fobs. Here is my plan. I will always have a key Fob in my pocket when driving , but I don't want to dig it out of my pocket to unlock the center console or glove box while driving. I'm hoping that I will be able to have an extra key made of the flip-out key in the Fob. I don't need another Fob, just the flip out key. I hope I can find a blank for it and a key maker can duplicate it.

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
Or having all your tapes stolen! dont miss those little briefcases to store all that in.

Speaking of which, looks like not getting the alpine is a good idea that damn speaking in middle of floor is annoying as all hell. Looks like removing the back seat all together, and getting a big rubber liner that allows access to the lil storage area is winner.
Only on the 2 door is the sub in the middle of the floor. On the 4 door its on side of the cargo area.
Sponsored