Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Matt from KC here, lurked for a while but new here as of last week.
I don't own my Jeep yet but I'm ordering a 2020 JLUR as soon as the new colors are available.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
What's up everyone. I'm Chris I leased the 2018 JL sport this past Novemeber. First time jeep owner and loving it so far. Wanted to start modding immediately but due to a serious back injury at work which later caused my termination from my company I havent really had the funds to do anything until I'm back on my feet. As a first time owner im looking for simple and affordable mods I can do now. Also was wondering what size rims and tires would be good for the jeep. Probably not doing a lift. Any and all help would be great. Excited to be part of what I hear to be a great community

20181109_122631.jpg

welcome to the club. but i have one question. can you be modding up the jl if you are leasing.. even if you are going to do the buy out.

FishtownPride

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Hi everyone! My wife and I had our first Wrangler (TJ) in 1998 and we loved it. Then the kids came along and we traded it in for various versions of family roadsters. But she promised me when the time was right, and the kids were older, we'd get another one. As a son graduated college and daughter turned 16, the time was right. On a whim after a diner excursion about 2 weeks ago, we traded in our 2016 Ford Fusion for a 2 door StingGrey Wrangler Sport. On the drive home, we just looked at each other and it was like we were transported back to all the good times that we had 21 years ago. Less trunk space? Sure. Gas mileage sucks? Damn right. Roll up windows and no power locks? Check and check. Trade it in for something more practical? No on your damn life! When people say that owning a Jeep gets in your soul, there is no truer statement. There hasn't been a time that we have not gotten in the Jeep and smiled. Glad to be back in the group and you'll get a wave if we see you tooling down the road( even if it is a 4 door). :like:

IMG_7966.JPG

Sponsored

e-pill

First Name
edd-e
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2-DOOR JLR 2.0L TURBO STING-GRAY
Occupation
INDESTRUCTIBLE ROBOTIC HYPER FISSION ENGINEER
IMG_1740.jpeg
born and raised in NYC. my first jeep was a CJ-7 Renegade 1981, brown with 3" lift and 37s. sold it when I started college and basically stopped driving altogether until I moved to Florida 8 years ago. I owned 4 cars during this time and finally traded in my last car to be a JEEPER once again. loving the new JLR, I feel so much better with it and that I'm part of this great family once again. I miss the old bare interior of the CJ but the new JLR is pure awesomeness. I took the 2.0L because I wanted to see where it would take me. the reliable v6 is always an option, but as the JL is also new, I wanted to have that fresh JEEP start. I'm very excited to test this on the trails and will be modding it as I can, when I can.

Last edited:

Nerdsmith

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport
Jeep waves from Sacramento, CA! Been lurking here ever since I picked up my 2018 Bright White JLU Sport w/ D44 LSD in April. Came from a 17' Renegade and could never have been happier. Should of just went wrangler from the get go but I wasnt able to afford it at the time. Currently saving up for a JKS 2.5" HD lift and some 35's.

JeepBaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Jeep wave from Louisiana. Had been wanting a Wrangler since I was a lad and finally pulled the trigger last weekend as dealership was cutting 10k off sticker on 2018 JLU Saharas making room for new inventory. Only 200 miles so far but prob the best 200 miles of my life. Never thought I would actually enjoy driving to work until now.

elduderino83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0l
First Jeep and first new car. To be honest I wanted to wait until the new bronco came out before making a decision between the two but my '05 Forester XT M/T was totalled by a minivan so I defaulted to a wrangler. Would've bought another XT manual but they are impossible to find without 200,000 miles or modified beyond recognition. Anyway considered getting a used JK but the wife HAD to have a white matching hard top and leather. I HAD to have a rubicon so we found one and pulled the trigger. No regrets, my parents have a '15 that I have driven and the difference the 8 speed makes is worth buying new. I'm also enjoying the turbo. I've been lurking on here for several weeks and getting good information so I figured it was time to start contributing.

Sponsored

B25pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, WWII North American Aviation T6 advanced combat trainer, 2017 Jaguar f type R
Occupation
WWII aircraft restorer/pilot
Hi everyone, first time Jeep owners checking in. We are new to jeeps having been long time Land Rover owners, one series 2A, and two Defenders. Most of our off road time (other than coastal hydrographic survey work) has been in Australia and Africa. With the new Defender looking to depart from the old standard, we decided to go in a different direction.
In all honesty we always thought jeeps were crudely designed and cheaply put together, but after driving one of the new JLs, my wife decided she wanted to order one. It arrived in February and now has over 5000 miles on it. First impressions? It was very well screwed together-the paintwork and fit and finish are actually very good. The steering reminds me of our series Land Rover as it approached 300,000 miles-vague and imprecise as only a recirculating ball/ live axle can produce. Had a couple of electronic anomaly’s- the touch screen freaked out for no reason and the auto transmission wouldn’t shift into 8th automatically, but after two days these problems self corrected and we have had no problems since. LOVE the turbo four, and and auto transmission. Tough comparison with the Defenders which easily tugged 24,000 lb. B-25s and 35,000 lb. B-17s for us, so time will tell. So far, so good!

42circle

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all. New to the forum but I used it last year while waiting for my JLUR to come in. Finally ready to start the mod process and am super excited. Thank you to everyone here with all the amazing info it has really helped me so far.

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Jeep wave from Louisiana. Had been wanting a Wrangler since I was a lad and finally pulled the trigger last weekend as dealership was cutting 10k off sticker on 2018 JLU Saharas making room for new inventory. Only 200 miles so far but prob the best 200 miles of my life. Never thought I would actually enjoy driving to work until now.
I've watched many Jeeps on roads and highways go by and been wanting one for years.
Well I too finally did the deed and bought a 2019 Wrangler Sport S in Firecracker Red!
The feeling is great and soon it will be delivered to the dealership; I hope before I go to Maine for a vacation.
Enjoy your new ride...you've been waiting long enough.
Sponsored