Not open for further replies.

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
The price for the the Sliding Roof Rack complete system will be competitive with other full size racks on the market. We are doing everything we can to make this rack affordable as many as possible by developing options and upgrade paths that will allow you to purchase just the base rack and upgrade to the sliding rack in the future!
In laymen’s terms it’s gonna be expensive ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Not being from LOD Offroad I can't answer all of this, but do wonder if these 2 questions are independent or related.

If they're related, I can answer that not only can the rack be slid out of the way to bring down and remove a soft top, and not only is their enough height clearance to remove a hard top if your using two people, or exerting force from below to lift it (Top Lift Pro/Freedom Jack) with rack removal, but the sliding rack portion's internals (cross members and floor sections) are removable (in part or in whole) to give that open air feel, and I can't imaging get in the way of door removal.

I cannot speak to whether taking down the windshield is still doable with the rack installed, but you didn't seem to be interested in that. : - )
^^ What he said! :)

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Honestly the Sunrider was one of the more difficult scenarios to design around. The Sunrider is large and takes up a lot of vertical space. It would be impractical to get a rack to slide over the Sunrider when its open. So the best of both worlds would be to at least have the rear floor section in place for some smaller items like Jerry cans and coolers, and leave the front two floor sections out for use of the Sunrider. We'll try to post some pictures soon of the different floor configurations and how they are used with the soft top. Currently we're super busy working on accessory mounts for all sorts of stuff, like Jerry Cans, Rotopax, Max Trax, Trail tools, Ladders, Support Legs, Hi Lifts, ...the list goes on an on!
If the rack was two piece (telescopic) that allowed you to slide the front half back to create a half rack that would open up options.

Also what is the weight and construction material (sorry if I missed that somewhere)?

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
If the rack was two piece (telescopic) that allowed you to slide the front half back to create a half rack that would open up options.

Also what is the weight and construction material (sorry if I missed that somewhere)?
No weight yet, material - steel. Sorry cant go into specifics just yet. ;)

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Not being from LOD Offroad I can't answer all of this, but do wonder if these 2 questions are independent or related.

If they're related, I can answer that not only can the rack be slid out of the way to bring down and remove a soft top, and not only is their enough height clearance to remove a hard top if your using two people, or exerting force from below to lift it (Top Lift Pro/Freedom Jack) with rack removal, but the sliding rack portion's internals (cross members and floor sections) are removable (in part or in whole) to give that open air feel, and I can't imaging get in the way of door removal.

I cannot speak to whether taking down the windshield is still doable with the rack installed, but you didn't seem to be interested in that. : - )
I am asking about removing the rack completely. If we are going completely naked, we will not want the rack on either. Also, on some of the trails, the rack will just get caught on branches and such. So we may want to remove it from the Jeep for a short period of time.

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
I am asking about removing the rack completely. If we are going completely naked, we will not want the rack on either. Also, on some of the trails, the rack will just get caught on branches and such. So we may want to remove it from the Jeep for a short period of time.
You can remove the rack completely, and easily! 6 Bolts in front and 6 Bolts in back!:clap:

Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Thomas, thanks for sharing not only your proposed BOM (bill of materials) but this web site.

It's like a....it's like a (repeated for emotional excitement) an erector set parts site for adults!

Cue my wife putting her palm on her forehead fearing the upcoming credit card bills with expensive purchases from here!

I am glad it helped... I have received lots of help from my fellow Jeepers.. just trying to give back a little.. And I already got a tip that will save me some effort.. Love this forum and the people that make it all work!

TC

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I'd be the guy who drives into the garage with the snowmobile still on the rack and says: "what was that noise... OH SH..!". Been there done that with mountain bikes. Twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.