worst gas mileage?

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
And yeah I'd probably pass out seeing an actual fuel bill for one.
Running 75-80 on the interstate is probably a little worse than the 9mpg, but 9 is probably a all around average. It gets expensive on long trips for sure.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Running 75-80 on the interstate is probably a little worse than the 9mpg, but 9 is probably a all around average. It gets expensive on long trips for sure.
lol, I hope you've got another daily driver.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
lol, I hope you've got another daily driver.
Lol yes I got a Tacoma and a hellcat. The Tacoma gets drove mostly. I tried just the Jeep for awhile with out the truck I just need a truck bed for way to much stuff that I like to do.

WUFJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if this has been mentioned but my mpg didn't really level out until around 2000 miles. After that I get close'ish to the 23/25 promise. Faster than 65 highway speeds it degrades to around 23 but outside of any crazy hills or awful traffic for hours I'm getting close to the promise in my 4cyl turbo mild hybrid. It's been a breath of fresh air as far as Jeep mileage goes

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
On an off again on again semi tech-e then some real tech trail the real time read out was +/- 10mpg. This trail went on for 4-5 hours, then a race to the bottom on a FS road for about 28 miles, then a hiway drive to back home at about 75mph maybe 80 miles.

14.3 mpg.
lifted, 35's properly calibrated, aired down to 17 on the trail otherwise aired to 37. JLUR

Given what I did with it I was pretty impressed.

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
it's all about variables. I went 2.0 turbo for mpg and the torque. Having driving manuals for years and 6 cyclinders, that combo is bad news for mpg. Toss in a lift and tires, quadruple trouble. With those variables in place, I wouldn't even look at mpg, sorry to say.

As for comparison, stayed stock size tires but switched out the rims. No lift either. I get about 24 mpg highway with the 2.0. Pure madness compared to past lives with manuals and v6.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
YUP, I don't usually care about mileage either-but I just drove from Nv to Ca (234miles)and my AVG, with the 3.6/auto, was 24mpg-(computer)-

Flawless performance, except for a TRUCK ROCK in the windshield--

Have any of you guys had good luck using the GORILLA GLASS for replacement ??

Thanx

JIMBO

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
YUP, I don't usually care about mileage either-but I just drove from Nv to Ca (234miles)and my AVG, with the 3.6/auto, was 24mpg-(computer)-

Flawless performance, except for a TRUCK ROCK in the windshield--

Have any of you guys had good luck using the GORILLA GLASS for replacement ??

Thanx

JIMBO
To my knowledge Gorilla glass doesn't have JL yet. We already had to have ours replaced and I made sure the guy used factory glass for the Alpine stereo system. When you have that stereo you have a special acoustic glass, you can see the word "acoustic" on the lower left hand corner.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Just drove from Tennessee to Michigan in my JLUR with 37s and a lift. I was loaded down with tools, a cooler, and four people.

I averaged 18.8 running about 73 mph for a tank full of fuel. It started out at 19.2 but dropped to 18.8

950GVYKhf0xjD9UYlsmlrYBDYV_I9yTk88EdIaGSZzmMGTq9mI7m20jDAObWmMNHxeMbMKR9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.jpg

GfFB11NNMrt_HDmmrBQZ6dJD9fI5FMAtiGsVOpCFMugNGuw75SuALc6LEoYbM8VwP_ptrjkM&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.jpg

This is the 3.6 with the auto. I am very happy. On the trip down, I averaged 17.6 mpg

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just drove from Tennessee to Michigan in my JLUR with 37s and a lift. I was loaded down with tools, a cooler, and four people.

I averaged 18.8 running about 73 mph for a tank full of fuel. It started out at 19.2 but dropped to 18.8

950GVYKhf0xjD9UYlsmlrYBDYV_I9yTk88EdIaGSZzmMGTq9mI7m20jDAObWmMNHxeMbMKR9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.jpg

GfFB11NNMrt_HDmmrBQZ6dJD9fI5FMAtiGsVOpCFMugNGuw75SuALc6LEoYbM8VwP_ptrjkM&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.jpg

This is the 3.6 with the auto. I am very happy. On the trip down, I averaged 17.6 mpg
That's pretty good for 37s all right. Have you regeared or is that still with 4.10 axles?

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
We just took JL to the coast of North Carolina (Southport). Leaving our house with 1100 miles on the odo, we drove 261 miles with speeds from 35 - 70 mph. The little computer thingy said it got 26.5 mpg. Not bad at all for a brick with 4 wheels, and a lot better than I expected.

Disclaimer: there are no mountains on the way to the coast from my humble abode. Just some hills, and they aren't that big.
I'm hopeful that
To my knowledge Gorilla glass doesn't have JL yet. We already had to have ours replaced and I made sure the guy used factory glass for the Alpine stereo system. When you have that stereo you have a special acoustic glass, you can see the word "acoustic" on the lower left hand corner.
"Special glass" in a jeep sounds strange at first but makes sense.
Technology is all around us.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
That's pretty good for 37s all right. Have you regeared or is that still with 4.10 axles?
4.10 gears stll. I do not see any reason to regear unless you plan to tow heavy.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
4.10 gears stll. I do not see any reason to regear unless you plan to tow heavy.
works. I've got no plans to upsize tires but its good to see not so painful for those that do.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
2.0 here.

I’m light on the foot feed, mostly. Gotta hit the turbo and light up the tires from a stop sign now and then though, just for fun.

My long-term average is 22.3mpg. Nearly 3000 miles.

I routinely hit 30mpg+ going 45-50 on relatively flat county roads, which is where I do most of my driving in rural Texas.

I get 25-26 cruising at 60. I seldom go faster. I’m generally in no hurry to get to the next place, and I diligently try to appreciate where I am. I see a lot more of the adjacent terrain and wildlife at 60 than 70.

Saw a coyote this morning that I would likely have missed if I was going faster.

I understand that others need to go faster, but I don’t.
Sponsored