Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
This is a series of installations of Baja Designs lights on the Jeep. I am really impressed with the quality and the beam patterns. There is A-Pillar lighting and I also built a bracket to attach to the front bumper to run four lights. There are only two light tabs on a lot of aftermarket bumpers so that solves this issue. The new videos are all Squadron lights and include a set of wide cornering lights, a set of driving combo lights, and a set of spot lights. If you are interested in seeing what any of those beam patterns look like, this will show you. The wiring is a little specific to the JL aux switches, but even if you don’t have them it might give some of you a few ideas for your rig.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTi47_BIYhPMiV1d9SiXWIsXsKhZbvovv

A886D596-2BE6-4349-8B29-C0C855E1C0B0.jpeg
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did BD give you the lights or otherwise compensate you?

Reactions: JC7
OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Baja Designs doesn’t pay me and we have no formal arrangement. In fact, I don’t get paid for any product I show on YouTube. I do get some free stuff and discounts, and I also pay full price for things that I want or “need” for my JL and show those just the same. I am just a big fan of BD that was given the opportunity to showcase some of their lighting products.

I purchased my Baja Designs S2 lights for my roof rack way before I ever had any contact with them, love the lights, their quality, service, and was given the opportunity to install and share my opinions on their Squadron lights. I know there is a lot of sheisty stuff going on through social media and the like with “influencers,” who say they like Coke and drink Pepsi daily, and I want no part in that. I’m more of a Mountian Dew guy anyway (on the rare occasion I have a soda). In my short time on YouTube, I have always disclosed the nature of any relationship I have with a company/product if one exists.

I don’t put ads on my channel either; I don’t care to impose on the viewer. I’d rather just share what I have to say. This is fun to me and one of my ways of communicating I suppose. YouTube takes time & effort, and I just enjoy the creative element of it and sharing my love of Jeep mods & trips with whoever wants to be a part of it. I won’t endorse any product without having run and tested them thoroughly, and as I stated in the video, I have run my previous BD lights through the ringer and now feel like I can put my stamp of approval on the product.

That may be more info than you asked for but there you go. If I ever get a check from someone, I’ll let you know. :)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The thing i would love to see is a side by side comparison of different light brands but I know that would be expensive and difficult logistically. I've had cheap lights that we're great and expensive ones that were bad. Some think a 30° beam is a spot light while others have an 8° spread.
I just wanted to know if there was any incentive to bias your opinion so thanks for answering.

Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The thing i would love to see is a side by side comparison of different light brands but I know that would be expensive and difficult logistically. I've had cheap lights that we're great and expensive ones that were bad. Some think a 30° beam is a spot light while others have an 8° spread.
I just wanted to know if there was any incentive to bias your opinion so thanks for answering.
I am glad you asked. I’d rather you ask then assume. I ran KC lights before too, and there are other quality lights out there but a few things that drew me to the product. One huge thing is you can change out individual bulbs. Also I agree there is no standardization of what a beam should be but beam patterns and output are as advertized with BD. Not sure if you saw on the video but look at this spot light, a tight 9 degrees:

A7DDF0AF-B32D-4759-9AC1-9986228AE673.png

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
They do have some awesome lights, but your post is just a commercial for them. You could at least try to be a little less overt with your tactics. Lol

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They do have some awesome lights, but your post is just a commercial for them. You could at least try to be a little less overt with your tactics. Lol
Ha ha! Interesting perspective. Maybe I should think more about tactics and scripts, but I think it’s better to organically just turn the camera on and say what I think. That said, I realize I do have a natural tendency to want to teach and sell my opinion. To each their own and I totally respect that.

Reactions: JC7

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Ha ha! Interesting perspective. Maybe I should think more about tactics and scripts, but I think it’s better to organically just turn the camera on and say what I think. That said, I realize I do have a natural tendency to want to teach and sell my opinion. To each their own and I totally respect that.
I do like your videos btw. That was just first reaction to the post.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I am glad you asked. I’d rather you ask then assume. I ran KC lights before too, and there are other quality lights out there but a few things that drew me to the product. One huge thing is you can change out individual bulbs. Also I agree there is no standardization of what a beam should be but beam patterns and output are as advertized with BD. Not sure if you saw on the video but look at this spot light, a tight 9 degrees:

A7DDF0AF-B32D-4759-9AC1-9986228AE673.png
a90.gif

Nice work man!

Sponsored

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I love their lights but this fit isnt the greatest.
Squadron R pro fog kit in the Smittybilt XRC Gen 2

Fogs n tint .jpg2 (2).jpg

Fogs n tint .jpg14.jpg
Sponsored