Sponsored

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Has anyone seen this system? I purchased it but I've not installed it yet. Been having a hard time finding time and dealing with all this rain here in Indiana.

It looks like a quality piece and it beats the low hanging lights. There are some people on YouTube showing them off and have some positive reviews. Looks like they still have the $15 off coupon on the website too.

https://www.vleds.com/shop-products/lpr/lpr-reverse-72-w.html
Looks like a nice solution. Please post pics once you get it installed. Thanks

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Found an interesting option for aux reverse lighting. These DB Link flush mount reverse/brake lights. So far I've only connected the reverse light function, need to find a brake light wire to tap in for the brake function. Not sure if you could flush mount on a factory bumper, but many aftermarket bumpers have cutouts for 4" flush mount lights.

IMG_1678.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

DB-Link-LED-Home-Page-REVERSE-GIF-small.gif

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Found an interesting option for aux reverse lighting. These DB Link flush mount reverse/brake lights. So far I've only connected the reverse light function, need to find a brake light wire to tap in for the brake function. Not sure if you could flush mount on a factory bumper, but many aftermarket bumpers have cutouts for 4" flush mount lights.

IMG_1678.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

DB-Link-LED-Home-Page-REVERSE-GIF-small.gif
Nice solution for those running aftermarket bumpers. Tough luck for the stock steel bumper crowd, especially those with proximity sensors. Need one of these cut in half with two bulbs per side only.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Has anyone seen this system? I purchased it but I've not installed it yet. Been having a hard time finding time and dealing with all this rain here in Indiana.

It looks like a quality piece and it beats the low hanging lights. There are some people on YouTube showing them off and have some positive reviews. Looks like they still have the $15 off coupon on the website too.

https://www.vleds.com/shop-products/lpr/lpr-reverse-72-w.html
I have not seen that, but it actually looks pretty decent - nice clean solution. Only a couple potential problems I see: (1) the license plate on the JL is way over on the driver side (at least on my JLUR) so light distribution on passenger side may not be as good? (2) Not sure where the OEM illumination for the plate is, so don't know if this would interfere with that light?

Sponsored

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
I have not seen that, but it actually looks pretty decent - nice clean solution. Only a couple potential problems I see: (1) the license plate on the JL is way over on the driver side (at least on my JLUR) so light distribution on passenger side may not be as good? (2) Not sure where the OEM illumination for the plate is, so don't know if this would interfere with that light?
License plate stock light is to the right side of the license plate ...

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
For those who tapped into the wiring in the rear taillight compartments, some said driver and others said passenger side.

If you're tapping into the driver side is it the white wire with the brown stripe? And for the passenger side, what color wire would you tap?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
upload_2019-6-23_8-48-23.jpeg

upload_2019-6-23_8-48-45.jpeg

upload_2019-6-23_8-49-3.jpeg

On the steel bumper there were two bolt holes that I removed the bolt and used
IGNITE BACKUP KIT SM from Amazon. Had to get 1/2" longer SS bolts from Lowe's but put out a lot of extra light plus I added the diode for use with BU and Aux switch. Sit a little lower than I like, but install was easy for now.

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
upload_2019-6-23_8-48-23.jpeg

upload_2019-6-23_8-48-45.jpeg

upload_2019-6-23_8-49-3.jpeg

On the steel bumper there were two bolt holes that I removed the bolt and used
IGNITE BACKUP KIT SM from Amazon. Had to get 1/2" longer SS bolts from Lowe's but put out a lot of extra light plus I added the diode for use with BU and Aux switch. Sit a little lower than I like, but install was easy for now.
Do you go offroading at all? I have dragged my bumped a few times and just feel like this would rip those right off.

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
Do you go offroading at all? I have dragged my bumped a few times and just feel like this would rip those right off.
We do, but nothing too radical. Just Ophir and Imogene passes type. Same thing I worry about. I'm just going to watch and if the placement doesn't work, I move them up to the spare tire location. Or make a steel box around them that can drag but not rip off. The standard LED BU lights just don't cut it.

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
We do, but nothing too radical. Just Ophir and Imogene passes type. Same thing I worry about. I'm just going to watch and if the placement doesn't work, I move them up to the spare tire location. Or make a steel box around them that can drag but not rip off. The standard LED BU lights just don't cut it.
Right on. I'm also severely disappointed in the LED reverse lights. I don't have many issues with the JL but that one is one one of the few.