slimfl08

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Ocean Blue Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Figured I would start a post and see what dealers are charging around the states. Here in Great Falls this one comes with some gold bricks in the bed.

IMG_2013.jpg
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Figured I would start a post and see what dealers are charging around the states. Here in Great Falls this one comes with some gold bricks in the bed.

IMG_2013.jpg
I love Great Falls. I spent some time there a few years ago during the expansion of the refinery.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
As with Wranglers (and all vehicles for that matter), there are dealers who demand ridiculous prices, and dealers who offer reasonable deals. There are Gladiator forum sponsors who are offering up to 5% below invoice on orders.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The guy i bought my wheels from said he paid $65k for his JLUR. Fully loaded, all options

Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I love the gladiator but Iā€™m not paying no damn $60k+ for a Jeep. I still have pains from the $52k I paid for my JL even thought I got $5k off sticker.

There are several vehicles you can get for $60k or even slightly less. I just donā€™t see the value in it. Now, when a diesel hits the market, I can justify it. Ideally the diesel should get better economy, less maintenance- if it is improved over last CRD, more power. But, I imagine those will be $65k hahaha

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
Iā€™ve seen 3 of them on the road only so far. Doesnā€™t seem like a lot.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Ive seen a few and honestly (I know no one cares what I think, but that is beside the point), I am not impressed.

Just a question, but beside taking the doors off, why is the JT so much?

Anyway, I went and built a FULLY LOADED JT and a FULLY LOADED RAM 1500 (I chose 1500 because it was the smaller truck on the RAM fleet that could be the closest in size to the JT (Yes I know it is much bigger, but it is the smallest RAM). It has chose 3.6 engine for both (Althought the RAM comes with a 12" inch display and a 33 gal tank).

Look at the price difference. Would you pay the extra 7k for the loaded JT over the RAM? Be honest. I wouldn't, but that is just me.

If I want a Jeep, I'll buy a Jeep. If I want a truck, I am going RAM all day.

upload_2019-6-21_10-37-25.png

upload_2019-6-21_10-38-6.png

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
There is a whole forum on pricing here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/forums/ordering-pricing-negotiating-tracking.14/

There is a thread where we are listing dealers charging above MSRP. There are also a few threads for about people that have gotten a deal several percent below invoice.

None of this is any different than the first year of the JLU's production. The first few months saw some stupidly high markups. Within 6 months many people were getting Rubicons off the lot for 3% or more below invoice. If you order one, you can haggle more on the pricing.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Only a handful in stock at the dealer nearby, all listed at $500 above MSRP.
On the same lot they have JL's upto 6K off MSRP.

Sponsored

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Ive seen a few and honestly (I know no one cares what I think, but that is beside the point), I am not impressed.

Anyway, I went and built a FULLY LOADED JT and a FULLY LOADED RAM 1500 (I chose 1500 because it was the smaller truck on the RAM fleet that could be the closest in size to the JT (Yes I know it is much bigger, but it is the smallest RAM). It has chose 3.6 engine for both (Althought the RAM comes with a 12" inch display and a 33 gal tank).

Look at the price difference. Would you pay the extra 7k for the loaded JT over the RAM? Be honest. I wouldn't, but that is just me.

I wouldn't either, but to be fair,the price increase from JLU to JT seems reasonable for what you get extra.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

A bighorn really wouldn't compare offroad to a Rubicon and thats where the Jeep appeal comes in. Give me a few minutes and I'll build up a 3.6 Rebel and see how that prices out.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Would you pay the extra 7k for the loaded JT over the RAM?
Yes.
Make sense of the price of a Wrangler and work from there. A comparably equipped JTR is nominally more than my JLUR.
This thread belongs in the buying/pricing section and the debate about the value I'm sure has been beat to death.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
A bighorn really wouldn't compare offroad to a Rubicon and thats where the Jeep appeal comes in. Give me a few minutes and I'll build up a 3.6 Rebel and see how that prices out.
Uh... Fully loaded out (without the air suspension) Rebel 12 Quad Cab with a 3.6 liter engine.... $53,665

upload_2019-6-21_10-52-14.jpeg
Sponsored