Cracked Windshield Club

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Heard something hit mine yesterday it was small didn’t find a spot. Got in Jeep today crack all the way down the center. The chip was maybe the size of a bb.
Sponsored

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Holly crap! Just looked at windshields how much y’all paying for one?

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Well crap. Rock hit my windshield on my way to work this morning, gonna need a new one.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Latest one is at the edge of the windshield so I can't repair with the rain-X kit. This is my 5th or 6th chip. No cracks at least.

chip.jpg

ryanhulce

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So, I've never had a cracked or chipped windshield in my life. One month in and boom. I've joined the club. Decided to let Safelite repair it for now to see if I get hit again or if it was just dumb luck.

Snapchat-107838129.jpg

Snapchat-1127711414.jpg

Sponsored

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
New member to the Cracked Windshield Club (2019 Rubicon 4-door).
I'd like to thank everyone that made this possible: to the woman in the Rav4 who crossed two lanes of unfinished highway to cut me off and then throw a rock into my windshield which has 3000 miles on it.
To the Denver construction and traffic who made it possible (also another shoutout to Colorado's DOT for gifting me a bonus of a nail in my front passenger tire, excllent placement, right in the sipe and not the tread. AMAZING JOB!)

Take a bow, everyone. You deserve it.

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Holly crap! Just looked at windshields how much y’all paying for one?
8,000 miles in and boom. Just paid $500 for a acoustic one. Feel lucky to get 8k out of mine compared to others in here :whew:

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
I am at 13 months, 19,000 miles and my 3rd windshield.
Best $800 I spent was on the windshield warranty. 5 years / $0 deductible / unlimited replacements.

Sponsored

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Best $800 I spent was on the windshield warranty. 5 years / $0 deductible / unlimited replacements.
I didn't know a warranty was available. My dealer never offered me to insure the windshield. You got a lucky deal.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Might want to double check that it’s unlimited windshields most of them have a max dollar amount. I was told mine was unlimited as well but when I read the fine print the will go up to $5000. Which I’m fine with as I paid $550 for the coverage

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I haven't cracked my windshield yet, fingers crossed. But I've scratched the sh*t out of it with a squeegee. I've never once scratched a windshield cleaning it but somehow I have a several small horizontal lines 3 to 12 inches long. And of course the deepest scratches are right in my line of sight.

GenaL

First Name
Gena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2.0 2-door (Firecracker Red)
Last Tuesday something hit my windshield and took a chunk out of it. By the time I came out from work, it had spidered while parked. I dropped my Jeep off to get the glass replaced today, insisting on a Mopar glass. But they are saying Mopar only has Gorilla Glass as a replacement for my JL. This true? Beccause the Gorilla Glass is supposed to be double the cost and I will have to pay the difference that insurance will not cover.

JPOutlaw

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL - The GOAT; 2012 JK - Junior
Last Tuesday something hit my windshield and took a chunk out of it. By the time I came out from work, it had spidered while parked. I dropped my Jeep off to get the glass replaced today, insisting on a Mopar glass. But they are saying Mopar only has Gorilla Glass as a replacement for my JL. This true? Beccause the Gorilla Glass is supposed to be double the cost and I will have to pay the difference that insurance will not cover.
Safelite had OEM when I replaced mine and a non-OEM version that was cheaper. OEM was like $485 and the other was half that. I never heard anything about Gorilla Glass in my efforts to have it replaced.
Sponsored