First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
These Falcons are proving to be a bit bipolar. Drove into work yesterday it was 35 degrees outside, with the shocks on their softest setting the ride was busy and crashy.

Fast forward to today, was out running a few errands, it was 75 degrees out, tires at 30 psi, the damping was amazingly comfortable. The crashiness and busy ride was non-existent.

Guess I need to look into the shock fluid and nitrogen pressures Teraflex is using, never had a shock that was affected so much by temperature shifts.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
These Falcons are proving to be a bit bipolar. Drove into work yesterday it was 35 degrees outside, with the shocks on their softest setting the ride was busy and crashy.

Fast forward to today, was out running a few errands, it was 75 degrees out, tires at 30 psi, the damping was amazingly comfortable. The crashiness and busy ride was non-existent.

Guess I need to look into the shock fluid and nitrogen pressures Teraflex is using, never had a shock that was affected so much by temperature shifts.
Sounds like someone needs to invent Shock Sweaters. :)

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
Just installed the Metalcloak Gamechanger, Teraflex 2.5" springs, and 3.3 Falcon adjustable shocks. I was super excited to improve my ride, based on all the rave reviews. I heard such things as “My Jeep now drives like a luxury SUV,” and “I love hitting speed bumps now, I can barely feel them."

The shocks look amazing. Everything I got was top quality, so no complaints there. After a day in the garage I was so excited to have everything on and go for the maiden voyage. I took off down the road, hit my first bumps, and instantly regretted the $3,000+ dollars I had just spent.

Off-road everything technically performs great. I can absolutely bomb down trails which is what I wanted. I had heard with the adjust-ability, you could have the best of both worlds. But man, on the road it breaks your back. I figured with the adjustable shocks on "soft" it would be a great ride. A lot of the highways where I live are made of those big concrete sections, and going over those, the front and back end of the Jeep just bob up and down constantly. If I hit a medium bump, I feel like the axles are attached to the frame. It's loud and harsh and it kicks my back end out. All my friends with JKs and Metalcloak/Teraflex have a great ride. I don't get it. All great products, but still, not what I was expecting.

Except for the suspension, it's a stock Unlimited Sport. Tires are 33" load C at 34 PSI. No bumpers or heavy armor. I guess I'll get some progressive rate springs to try or eventually spend more money on bumpers and winches to weigh myself down. It never ends. Maybe I'll just drive around with bags of sand in the back like an idiot.
Forgive me for bumping an old thread, but I was searching for Metalcloak VS Teraflex lifts and came across this thread. I'm a bit confused w/ your first sentence: "Just installed the Metalcloak Gamechanger, Teraflex 2.5" springs, and 3.3 Falcon adjustable shocks." Isn't the Metalcloak Gamchanger a complete kit in itself... which comes w/ springs? Why would you be running Teraflex springs with the Metalcloak Gamechanger kit?

OP
OP
sacourtney07

sacourtney07

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Forgive me for bumping an old thread, but I was searching for Metalcloak VS Teraflex lifts and came across this thread. I'm a bit confused w/ your first sentence: "Just installed the Metalcloak Gamechanger, Teraflex 2.5" springs, and 3.3 Falcon adjustable shocks." Isn't the Metalcloak Gamchanger a complete kit in itself... which comes w/ springs? Why would you be running Teraflex springs with the Metalcloak Gamechanger kit?
It's ok I get the confusion. The Metalcloak Gamechanger is a complete kit. However, my Jeep right now is very light, without any armor/winch/bumpers. The 3.5" springs that came with the Gamechanger lifted me way too much, especially for the 33" tires I have right now. It looked comical. I ordered the Teraflex 2.5" springs a few days later and swapped them out, saving the 3.5" springs for once I want a little more lift and have money for new tires, wheels, driveshafts, etc.

Sponsored

olmectech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Falcon shocks also, and Jeep drove rough at first. These shocks are tuned for more weight. After I added steel bumpers and rock rails it now drives like a Cadillac on and off road.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
So I am thinking about ordering the falcon 3.1 but asking fir a softer valving , ( you can order them 2 door valving to soften them) does anyone have experience with this.. will the ride be more pleasant, I tend to prefer a softer shock.. debating the advantage of these been tuned to the springs Vs buying the fox shocks that I have been happy with in the past.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
So I am thinking about ordering the falcon 3.1 but asking fir a softer valving , ( you can order them 2 door valving to soften them) does anyone have experience with this.. will the ride be more pleasant, I tend to prefer a softer shock.. debating the advantage of these been tuned to the springs Vs buying the fox shocks that I have been happy with in the past.
The first generation shocks were called SP-1s and they're still out there but Falcon released the SP-2 shocks that have the "Winter" setting that soften up the ride during the colder winter weather. I run them this way all year. I have heard of people doing what you're talking about and running 2door shocks on the 4 door.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
TF runs a soft coil and firm shock. MC does a firm coil and softer shock. The recipe from the OP was calling for the exact experience before it was installed. If someone has their heart set on the 3.3 for some unknown reason, you just about have to go with their coils.

Theres lots of folks on the forums that are happy with their TF lifts, I won’t install them because the results are predictable and usually the feedback is the ride is to harsh.

We have figured out some excellent pairings for incredible on road ride and then we have stuff that’s a blast offroad. To have both is possible but in all honesty, one will suffer slightly.

brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So would the Rocksports be a better option then for on road comfort?
blast from the past but for people that are on the fence, the rocksports in the OP situation would be a huge improvement even though they are a 6th the cost

brett

Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
TF runs a soft coil and firm shock. MC does a firm coil and softer shock. The recipe from the OP was calling for the exact experience before it was installed. If someone has their heart set on the 3.3 for some unknown reason, you just about have to go with their coils.

Theres lots of folks on the forums that are happy with their TF lifts, I won’t install them because the results are predictable and usually the feedback is the ride is to harsh.

We have figured out some excellent pairings for incredible on road ride and then we have stuff that’s a blast offroad. To have both is possible but in all honesty, one will suffer slightly.

brett
So how do you know if you refuse to install them?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)